When Elderly Bodega Worker Defends Himself From Democrat Felon.....

"Simon — who was on parole and had at least eight prior busts, including for assault, according to sources and records — then shoved him into a shelf, the video shows. After several moments, Alba reached to the area where candy is stocked, pulled out a knife and plunged it into Simon’s neck and chest.

“There is no clearer example of self-defense,” said former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney Michael Discioarro.

“He’s at work, minding his own business and he is attacked,” Discioarro added. “He is the victim, and he’s sitting in Rikers.”

The deadly confrontation Friday night came after an argument Alba had with Simon’s girlfriend, whose EBT debit card was declined at the store, where she attempted to use it to purchase potato chips for her 10-year-old daughter, police and law enforcement sources previously told The Post.

The 32-year-old woman said Alba snatched the snack out of her daughter’s hand, so she knocked over items on the counter and hurried home to get Simon, who stormed into the bodega and attacked Alba roughly 10 minutes later.

During the fight, Simon’s girlfriend allegedly stabbed the Dominican-born immigrant in the shoulder with a knife she kept in her purse, according to Alba’s defense attorney, but she is not facing charges."

"Free Jose Alba!

A hard-working Manhattan bodega clerk who was forced to grab a knife to fend off a violent ex-con, now finds himself sitting behind bars at the notorious Rikers Island jail charged with murder and unable to post $250,000 bail.

Thanks to Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, New York is a city turned upside down.

Get caught with an illegal gun, get released without bail. Shove an elderly person to the ground, attack someone because they are Asian, a slap on the wrist. Shoplift again . . . and again . . . and again . . . nothing.

But defend yourself and your place of business from a man who attacks you, and Bragg sends you to Rikers."

This is the result of Democrats controlling power.

Who'd you vote for????

The NY Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch.
So what If the New York post is owned by Rupert Murdoch? That didn’t change the facts in this story.

If I had been the bodega worker I would have done the same thing. The young man was throwing the old guy around like a bean bag. Elderly men break easily. There is an excellent chance that when the young guy was done the elderly worker would have ended up in the hospital or worse.

The elderly man was arrested for possession of an illegal weapon. Here in the Free State of Florida, I have openly carried a 5” hunting knife on my belt in public and since I have a concealed weapons permit I can carry (in Florida) a concealed knife as well as a concealed firearm.

Here too. A con assaulted me when I worked in the pen, and we beat him down pretty bad. Later it was amusing how many cons just out of the blue ask me how old I was! I told then 66. lol
I get the feeling that you knew HOW to fight.

I get the feeling that you knew HOW to fight.
One guy was trying to get him down but couldn't so when I regained my balance I pounded him with my gas can and he went down.

Last edited:
Whatever works.
Later one of his friends was locked up in solitary where I worked and told me the loser got into some kind of bad drug deal and took a 12 gauge load to the head.

Later one of his friends was locked up in solitary where I worked and told me the loser got into some kind of bad drug deal and took a 12 gauge load to the head.
At close range a 12 gauge shotgun will take your head right off.

"Simon — who was on parole and had at least eight prior busts, including for assault, according to sources and records — then shoved him into a shelf, the video shows. After several moments, Alba reached to the area where candy is stocked, pulled out a knife and plunged it into Simon’s neck and chest.

“There is no clearer example of self-defense,” said former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney Michael Discioarro.

“He’s at work, minding his own business and he is attacked,” Discioarro added. “He is the victim, and he’s sitting in Rikers.”

The deadly confrontation Friday night came after an argument Alba had with Simon’s girlfriend, whose EBT debit card was declined at the store, where she attempted to use it to purchase potato chips for her 10-year-old daughter, police and law enforcement sources previously told The Post.

The 32-year-old woman said Alba snatched the snack out of her daughter’s hand, so she knocked over items on the counter and hurried home to get Simon, who stormed into the bodega and attacked Alba roughly 10 minutes later.

During the fight, Simon’s girlfriend allegedly stabbed the Dominican-born immigrant in the shoulder with a knife she kept in her purse, according to Alba’s defense attorney, but she is not facing charges."
Good taste of what Democrats stand for - imprisonment of anyone daring to defend themselves from violent criminals.

We've lost our minds.

Here is an article from NBC New York, since one of the only liberals shameless enough to speak on this thread is in a tizzy about who owns the New York Post:

Mr. Alba spent a week on Rikers Island for defending himself against a person causing him grievous bodily harm. The Soros-backed prosecutor intends to press charges.

We've lost our minds.

Here is an article from NBC New York, since one of the only liberals shameless enough to speak on this thread is in a tizzy about who owns the New York Post:

Mr. Alba spent a week on Rikers Island for defending himself against a person causing him grievous bodily harm. The Soros-backed prosecutor intends to press charges.

The story of Alba is of a piece with every anti-gun law the Democrats push: only law-abiding citizens obey laws......and those are the targets of the Democrats.

....guess who NYC DA Democrat puts in jail.

This is a microcosm of America under the Democrat regime.
Must see vid in article.

1. "Bodega worker in Rikers on murder charge after stabbing attacker in self-defense
A hard-working Manhattan bodega clerk who was forced to grab a knife to fend off a violent ex-con, now finds himself sitting behind bars at the notorious Rikers Island jail charged with murder and unable to post $250,000 bail.

The sky-high bail for Jose Alba — who has no known criminal history — was just half of what controversial Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office demanded, despite surveillance video showing the clerk being assaulted by his alleged victim in the bodega.

Alba, 51, was charged with the fatal stabbing of Austin Simon, 34, who can be seen storming behind the counter at the Hamilton Heights Grocery on Broadway and West 139th Street to attack the store worker Friday night.

“It was either him or the guy at the moment,” Alba’s daughter Yulissa told The Post Wednesday, saying it was a case of self-defense.

“He’s never hurt anybody. He’s never had an altercation where he had to defend himself. This is the first time for him.”

The harrowing incident followed an argument Alba had with Simon’s girlfriend, whose EBT debit card was declined when she tried to use it to buy chips for her 10-year-old daughter at the store, police and law enforcement sources said."

Who'd you vote for?????

Due process. Alba will be cleared. That's how our system works.

Where is our resident arbitrator of peace and reason, Mac1958 on this?

His bleeding heart lib neo marxist are making self defense a crime

Surely he can make some comment for or against

Forum List

Back