When did the black vote go democrat?

The Communists gave the civil rights movement a lot of lip service in the early 20th Century, trying to drum up support. When they moved into the Democratic Party they brought it with them, and gradually convinced enough of the leadership to support it and permitted the Republicans to pass the CRA of 1964, for which the Democrats got credit though they filibustered the bill for 14 hours.
You left out one piece of the formula. When a Republican named Barry Goldwater ran for president he was anti-civil rights which allowed him to carry several southern states that actually voted for a Republican and the rest is history.

The Communists gave the civil rights movement a lot of lip service in the early 20th Century, trying to drum up support. When they moved into the Democratic Party they brought it with them, and gradually convinced enough of the leadership to support it and permitted the Republicans to pass the CRA of 1964, for which the Democrats got credit though they filibustered the bill for 14 hours.
You left out one piece of the formula. When a Republican named Barry Goldwater ran for president he was anti-civil rights which allowed him to carry several southern states that actually voted for a Republican and the rest is history.
You know nothing about history

Eisenhower signed the first Civil Rights legislation into law before LBJ

Yet the black stayed on the DNC plantation

And Ike wouldn't be welcomed in today's Republican Party.
So I just proved that the Civil Rights legislation had NOTHING to do with blacks chancing parties and this is your baseless retort?

Yet the black stayed on the DNC plantation
Mainly because Truman allowed white and black people to serve in the military and FDR's wife Eleanor championed more equality then the ball started rolling because they finally overcame the dixiecrats and their splitting of the party. Yet to know why black folks mostly vote for Democrats it is because they want to..

So I just proved that the Civil Rights legislation had NOTHING to do with blacks chancing parties and this is your baseless retort?

No, you really didn't prove anything. I think I spent whole post documenting why and how the change happened, but you still didn't get it.

The Civil Rights act of 1957 wasn't as important as the ones in 1964 and 1968. Republians opposed those. They then went full on racist starting with Nixon.

The guy who tried to reverse course is George W. Bush... but the GOP rank and file was having none of it.

No, you really didn't prove anything. I think I spent whole post documenting why and how the change happened, but you still didn't get it.

The Civil Rights act of 1957 wasn't as important as the ones in 1964 and 1968. Republians opposed those. They then went full on racist starting with Nixon.

The guy who tried to reverse course is George W. Bush... but the GOP rank and file was having none of it.
More Republicans supported and voted for the Civil Rights Act than democrats

Southern states which were overwhelmingly Democrat.

Southern states which were overwhelmingly Democrat.
Which is why the Dems stalled on voting for civil rights issues... Yet that is not the condition of politics today. I know you are parroting your echo chamber masters words because of the redundancy of the threads and the statements from the drones who ape their masters in the threads at a given time.
Nonetheless in today's political picture it is the Repubs which are resisting the demands of the blacks which means to them that the GOP is not the party to vote for.

LBJ promised the Blacks welfare in exchange for their votes. The Blacks liked that arrangement.

It was like being a slave on a plantation but they didn't have to pick any cotton. Just go vote every couple of years. Sweet deal.

Forum List

Back