Zone1 When are the fucking coward maudes going to own their "?" actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO MOD is ADDING this "?" thing to ANY alert that I'm aware of. That's no evidence of evasion at all.
No no. When we get a message (not a pm) like the ones that tell us when on of our posts has gotten a reply or an emoticon, the ones announcing a thread being moved or closed or a post deleted gives no info as to who done did dood it. Instead we get a “?” as the source.

No no. When we get a message (not a pm) like the ones that tell us when on of our posts has gotten a reply or an emoticon, the ones announcing a thread being moved or closed or a post deleted gives no info as to who done did dood it. Instead we get a “?” as the source.

It's not moderators hiding behind a question mark. It's something the system puts in. There is no entry box to identify ourselves on every action -- to the SYSTEM. However the system logs every actions in the separate thread notes and OTHER logs, So it DOES KNOW -- but is blanking out identities with a "?" I guess.

I dont like that more than most members care. I've tried for years to get members the same "summary" view of deleted posts that moderators see. THAT identifies who deleted the posts. And SHOWS that we're actually working.

It's not moderators hiding behind a question mark. It's something the system puts in. There is no entry box to identify ourselves on every action -- to the SYSTEM. However the system logs every actions in the separate thread notes and OTHER logs, So it DOES KNOW -- but is blanking out identities with a "?" I guess.

I dont like that more than most members care. I've tried for years to get members the same "summary" view of deleted posts that moderators see. THAT identifies who deleted the posts. And SHOWS that we're actually working.
Oh. Maybe change the software then.

Astonishing that a "Senior Maude" doesn't have a clue as to how the board works, in respect to their team's actions, innit?

I wonder if ''the system'' can be manipulated to create that condition when taking a mod action?

Because I've never got a "?"

Sounds like something that's only happening recently?

Last edited:
We put our names on every WARNING that's issued and EVERY action where there's a box to identify ourselves. Problem is -- MOST Of the alerts for post deletions, moves and merges -- DONT HAVE a mod identity option. If they were THERE -- we would require the use of them.

And because 80% or more of BANS issued are automated by counting points and issued by THE SYSTEM. Most of the time, a particular mod doesn't look at the warning record to SEE if they've accumulated "active points" and seeing the ban get assessed surprises us more than it should surprise the RECIPIENT of the ban who's accumulated too many points in too little time.

We've TRIED to get changes to stake some personal accountability -- but the options to MODIFY or write scripts for the Xenforo platform are very limited compared to previous S/Ware that USMB has used.

But -- ANY MOD can review ANY ACTION. Even the actions YOU TOOK as a mod on staff back in the Eisenhower era. :auiqs.jpg:
Imho… Try harder, and stop with the grooming protection racket that you and coyote set up In order to gag free speech. No, being against those who are for the teaching of adult sexuality subjects to children is NOT calling them pedophiles… but they are supporting the grooming of America’s young.

You two set that shit up. To gag one side. I watched you both do it in real time.

Imho… Try harder, and stop with the grooming protection racket that you and coyote set up In order to gag free speech. No, being against those who are for the teaching of adult sexuality subjects to children is NOT calling them pedophiles… but they are supporting the grooming of America’s young.

You two set that shit up. To gag one side. I watched you both do it in real time.

It's an interpretation of the house rule on calling MEMBERS pedophiles. All of mod staff agrees with that. DOES NOT apply to public figures or people in the news. SO -- it's NOT a "free speech" gag. It's a very little speed bump in the road to what FLAMES you can toss at another USMB member.

We've done this for pages in the past. And you continue to misrepresent the scope of the rule and policy,

Jesus.
What do all you people do to get your posts stomped on or a ride on the Banwagon?

I say some pretty questionable shit myself and have only been slapped twice and never banned.

Maybe because most of my time is in the sane spaces of the Taunting Zone.
Upstairs is straight up nuts.
My issues have to do with my posts in the gen forum. They get reported and deleted when no infraction (other than the thickness of said Maude’s) was involved.

The last deletion and warning was last week.

Jesus.
What do all you people do to get your posts stomped on or a ride on the Banwagon?

I say some pretty questionable shit myself and have only been slapped twice and never banned.

Maybe because most of my time is in the sane spaces of the Taunting Zone.
Upstairs is straight up nuts.

Well I only got banned once. That was for what amounted to contempt of coyote. Got me a week in the hole on a 1st offense.

Other than that, I have a pretty clean record. Almost spotless, aside from a few maude warnings for trolling or whatever.

I was actually in the right, so my conscience is rather clear on the matter.

Sometimes the truth just stings, I guess.

Wtf is the “shared mod sock?”

Would you like to meet him or "them" (I never asked about pronouns)????

Only way we can see the MEMBER view of the board is to share one common sock that can be used to put us in the same access privileges as a member.

It's only used occasionally for TESTING of new changes or finding out things like how the "Ignore" function really works. Since you get your "IGNORE" option stripped when you join the staff.

Would you like to meet him or "them" (I never asked about pronouns)????

Only way we can see the MEMBER view of the board is to share one common sock that can be used to put us in the same access privileges as a member.

It's only used occasionally for TESTING of new changes or finding out things like how the "Ignore" function really works. Since you get your "IGNORE" option stripped when you join the staff.
🙄

I've already grumbled when one of my threads gets moved because that's ALWAYS discriminatory, malicious, unfair, retaliatory--I'll try to find some more great adjectives to stick in here :)--if it's MY thread of course. (j/k) But I do wonder who did it.

But seriously I don't know how often you need to delete a post or do other censoring of that nature. I know when Kat would delete an improper or illegal post in the Coffee Shop she would always PM me that she had done that so I could thank her, but probably the mods have too many of that kind of thing to PM somebody every time you don't have a mechanical way to identify yourselves. I know that would most likely be unreasonably tedious--just thinking here. It is very rare that somebody gets out of line in the Coffee Shop and there have been very few deleted posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back