When a person replies to a post, their post shows up along with the new post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
When a person replies to a post, their post shows up along with the one they're quoting. Is there any way the original post number can be put in to identify the original poster. That would be helpful to people who weren't either the poster or the postee. Thank you.

When a person replies to a post, their post shows up along with the one they're quoting. Is there any way the original post number can be put in to identify the original poster. That would be helpful to people who weren't either the poster or the postee. Thank you.

Or, they could click the post you're replying to...........

See the little arrow?

1641505877846.png

Next to your name......

We used to have nested replies, if that's what you're asking for, but that feature was shut off about a year ago because people were quoting posts that were quoted, that were quoted, that were quoted, etc and you'd have a reply with 30 quotes above it. They were becoming hard to read.

We used to have nested replies, if that's what you're asking for, but that feature was shut off about a year ago because people were quoting posts that were quoted, that were quoted, that were quoted, etc and you'd have a reply with 30 quotes above it. They were becoming hard to read.
No, just simple replies, because if you're not one of the two originals in it sometimes you have to search back pages and pages to find the original quote. Sometimes you'd rather reply to the first author, not the responder.

What's the question? Others told you how easy it is to get to the post.

You would be grumbling if you were here in the RECENT past with the endless nested quotes.
I don't know what you're talking about, there's only three or four posts on here and no one told me anything yet. The moderator guy told me about an unusual situation but I'm not talking about that I'm talking about a simple two-part conversation.

You guys did a great job addressing that issue. Kudos.

... and there was much rejoicing...

I don't know what you're talking about, there's only three or four posts on here and no one told me anything yet. The moderator guy told me about an unusual situation but I'm not talking about that I'm talking about a simple two-part conversation.
he told you the right answer, you just don't understand.

not insulting but trying to point out nested replies kept the entire conversation in a jacked up format that got worse with more replies.

you have to track back if you want to look now and the arrow next to the name will take you. to their quote.

he told you the right answer, you just don't understand.

not insulting but trying to point out nested replies kept the entire conversation in a jacked up format that got worse with more replies.

you have to track back if you want to look now and the arrow next to the name will take you. to their quote.
Missouri post number 11 explained that. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back