What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
Mine was at a place called Maryland Cork when I was 17. It was dirty and dangerous work that involved lifting and unloading bales of cork that weighed between 75 and 225lbs..
It was so bad, we’d often take bets on new hires returning after lunch. Most didn’t come back.
I stuck it out for 8 months.

You?

upload_2018-8-6_18-44-58.gif

Last edited:
I worked for the govt for 3 months. Hated every last second of it. Well, I guess playing cards during lunch wasn’t too bad, but the rest was awful. Found a new job quickly, once I realized how much I hated it.

Repairing CHT systems on ships.................Real shitty work............literally.

I worked for the govt for 3 months. Hated every last second of it. Well, I guess playing cards during lunch wasn’t too bad, but the rest was awful. Found a new job quickly, once I realized how much I hated it.
I often wonder how our security guards deal with the boredom. Standing around waiting for something to happen can’t be easy.

I currently have the best of two positions.
Not only can I stay busy fixing stuff, I help security with combative people. :)

When I was 18 I was a laborer for a plumbing company. I got paid 8 dollars an hour to bust my ass in the summer heat of Florida for 10-12 hours at a time. I dug a lot of holes and carried a lot of heavy shit.

Asphalt..... When I was still in Jr high I worked for my buddy's dad... he owned a paving company....100 degree days while standing in 1000 degree asphalt...I lasted three weeks...lol

None, if I were to be a garbageman , I would work my ass off and be the best of the best.

Roofing. Working with hot tar on top of hot roofs was no fun. Also had a job unloading trucks - back breaking labor.
I saw that ‘back breaking’ labor as being useful exercise. It’s why I didn’t mind the heavy lifting.

Carrying 200lb+ was normal and expected.
That job taught me the importance of being strong and physically fit.

Weekend janitor at a 24-hour fast food joint. Saturday and Sunday morning cleanup of the bathrooms was a real education. Men's room: No different from the rest of the week. Women's room: Mother of Satan. What drunk women do to public restrooms has to be seen to be believed. And you don't want those images in your head.

Couldn't complain though. I volunteered. I was making $2.35 an hour slinging burgers and frying chicken. The boss offered me $2.55 an hour to come in early Saturday and Sunday to clean up the parking lot, lobby and bathroom damage done the night before.

The drunk female brain is a twisted thing.

Mine was at a place called Maryland Cork when I was 17. It was dirty and dangerous work that involved lifting and unloading bales of cork that weighed between 75 and 225lbs..
It was so bad, we’d often take bets on new hires returning after lunch. Most didn’t come back.

You?

View attachment 208859
Black mold removal. $10 hr under the table when I was unemployed for a minute.

I’m proud I am willing to do anything to make money when it comes down to it. Most would sit at home

Roofing. Working with hot tar on top of hot roofs was no fun. Also had a job unloading trucks - back breaking labor.
I saw that ‘back breaking’ labor as being useful exercise. It’s why I didn’t mind the heavy lifting.

Carrying 200lb+ was normal and expected.
That job taught me the importance of being strong and physically fit.
I'll credit it as making me take a look at my life and getting my shit together so I wouldn't have to keep doing that kind of work.

You?

View attachment 208859
University of Phoenix enrollment councilor, copier sales. Shot me! Worst jobs.

When I was a corrections officer.
Our high school friend who was a corrections officer just killed himself. It’s like being in prison everyday for 30 years.
No it's not, you get to go home and night.
But you got to go everyday. Plus those guys wanted to be cops. They are former jocks who in high school were the most popular guys. Now they work in a prison and see other people doing much better.

It’s like a strip club. They get to go home too but they take that shit home with them.

Forum List

Back