What's The Best Way To Fight and/or Stop Racism?

To address the thread topic: How about everyone posting on this thread go out and actually do something to make the problem better - even just a little bit better. Not talking, not feeling, but real get-off-your-ass something out in the world.

Maybe in the end that's the best way (or the only way) to chip away at the problem.
Got any examples?
Was working in the yard the weekend (true story), and a very loud talking black girl and her boyfriend or what ever he was to her was walking by. They stopped to kiss right in the street, and then here they came walking by. Well the girl says to me as they were passing by "Mr. Do you need some help or anything, this is my baby daddy and he's needing a job or some work". If this guy were to walk into my business looking the way he was dressed, and acting the way he was acting, he definitely wouldn't make it through the interview process, much less allowing him to work at my home. His girlfriend either didn't have a clue or she knew and was just carrying on in the loud way that she was.

Now do you think maybe that there might be some effort in the community to try to help these individuals or not ??? Should I just ignore the signs or go for it next time ???? What's my risk maybe ?? How does one hire such an individual that comes from a community teaching things like whites are evil, whites are racist, whites are privileged, whites are bad ???? This guy was wearing his rebellion on his sleeve, and I am expected to just accept that ??

If this obviously bullshit story were true, it would reflect very poorly on you. If the girl really existed and took the chance to talk to you, it would kill you to take a minute to talk to them, consider where they were coming from, try to see anything from her point of view? Even in your poor fiction you can't try to see yourself in their shoes? In your story they didn't ask to watch your children while you were away, borrow a kidney, or keep an eye on your social security number. Your story makes you sound like a fearful douche.

To address the thread topic: How about everyone posting on this thread go out and actually do something to make the problem better - even just a little bit better. Not talking, not feeling, but real get-off-your-ass something out in the world.

Maybe in the end that's the best way (or the only way) to chip away at the problem.
Got any examples?

For example, folks could get off the computer and out into the places where young people may be living with the consequences of racism or inequality and try to make positive change. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "them" were to sign up to be a big brother or big sister in an inner city neighborhood. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "you whites, you whites, you whites!" if they are anywhere close to as intelligent as they keep claiming to be, were to take some time to tutor a white working class kid with aspirations. Imagine if some of the fucking assholes who are clearly part of the fucking problem were just to hit "pause" on the irrational hatred and go be a normal fucking person to someone of whatever sort of people scares them so much and takes the time to get to know someone well enough personally to see that we're all just the same sort of stupid animal when it comes right down to it despite how we look, where we live, or how much money we have.

Like Marc said, you got any examples of you successfully getting a person off the street, changing their mindset or habbits etc ?? Please tell us what you have done other than play interference with your pie in the sky fantasies on turning everyone around without resistance of by them. Teaching in school has nothing to do with fixing society on an adult level. Yes you can help on the level that you are on, but this thing is huge.

Got any examples?
Was working in the yard the weekend (true story), and a very loud talking black girl and her boyfriend or what ever he was to her was walking by. They stopped to kiss right in the street, and then here they came walking by. Well the girl says to me as they were passing by "Mr. Do you need some help or anything, this is my baby daddy and he's needing a job or some work". If this guy were to walk into my business looking the way he was dressed, and acting the way he was acting, he definitely wouldn't make it through the interview process, much less allowing him to work at my home. His girlfriend either didn't have a clue or she knew and was just carrying on in the loud way that she was.

Now do you think maybe that there might be some effort in the community to try to help these individuals or not ??? Should I just ignore the signs or go for it next time ???? What's my risk maybe ?? How does one hire such an individual that comes from a community teaching things like whites are evil, whites are racist, whites are privileged, whites are bad ???? This guy was wearing his rebellion on his sleeve, and I am expected to just accept that ??

If this obviously bullshit story were true, it would reflect very poorly on you. If the girl really existed and took the chance to talk to you, it would kill you to take a minute to talk to them, consider where they were coming from, try to see anything from her point of view? Even in your poor fiction you can't try to see yourself in their shoes? In your story they didn't ask to watch your children while you were away, borrow a kidney, or keep an eye on your social security number. Your story makes you sound like a fearful douche.
Well the story is true, but this wasn't a "leave it to beaver" story, and the risk were higher than usual. When you get tired of playing in your saintly do gooder fantasy world, then maybe you could get some traction on someone considering what you have to say on the matter. Name calling is very childish of you, just sayin.

Got any examples?

For example, folks could get off the computer and out into the places where young people may be living with the consequences of racism or inequality and try to make positive change. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "them" were to sign up to be a big brother or big sister in an inner city neighborhood. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "you whites, you whites, you whites!" if they are anywhere close to as intelligent as they keep claiming to be, were to take some time to tutor a white working class kid with aspirations. Imagine if some of the fucking assholes who are clearly part of the fucking problem were just to hit "pause" on the irrational hatred and go be a normal fucking person to someone of whatever sort of people scares them so much and take the time to get to know someone well enough personally to see that we're all just the same sort of stupid animal when it comes right down to it despite how we look, where we live, or how much money we have.

See if any of the racist loud mouths (of varying hues) who constantly post here would even consider any of the above.

Got any examples?

For example, folks could get off the computer and out into the places where young people may be living with the consequences of racism or inequality and try to make positive change. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "them" were to sign up to be a big brother or big sister in an inner city neighborhood. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "you whites, you whites, you whites!" if they are anywhere close to as intelligent as they keep claiming to be, were to take some time to tutor a white working class kid with aspirations. Imagine if some of the fucking assholes who are clearly part of the fucking problem were just to hit "pause" on the irrational hatred and go be a normal fucking person to someone of whatever sort of people scares them so much and takes the time to get to know someone well enough personally to see that we're all just the same sort of stupid animal when it comes right down to it despite how we look, where we live, or how much money we have.

Like Marc said, you got any examples of you successfully getting a person off the street, changing their mindset or habbits etc ?? Please tell us what you have done other than play interference with your pie in the sky fantasies on turning everyone around without resistance of by them. Teaching in school has nothing to do with fixing society on an adult level. Yes you can help on the level that you are on, but this thing is huge.

It's easy to tell us to go interact with minorities in high crime areas when you are paid to do that. The only whites who do this are paid to do it and most of them would gladly take a job in a safe white school that also pays better.

upload_2019-7-1_11-30-46.jpeg

So just because you work in a inner city public school doesn't make you a saint. For one you are being paid to do it and 2, you wouldn't be doing it if you had any other options.

I would big brother too if it paid. I would be a wrestling or basketball coach too if I needed the money. How much does being a big bro pay?

upload_2019-7-1_11-33-39.jpeg

upload_2019-7-1_11-34-17.jpeg

upload_2019-7-1_11-34-34.jpeg

It's easy to tell us to go interact with minorities in high crime areas when you are paid to do that. The only whites who do this are paid to do it and most of them would gladly take a job in a safe white [sic] school that also pays better.

Despite all of the stupid guesses a certain jackass has tried again and again, the fact is that I have worked in wealthy districts and get offers from same all the time. I have worked in schools overseas, private schools, public schools, have run schools, written curricula for schools, and worked in other private sector jobs over the years. I've been around the block. I am working where I am because it presents a population that is very difficult to work with and in very significant need. I sought out a program where I can put my long experience to work in service of others. Other districts pay more, but the work you do should have meaning to yourself and others. It's not all about money. I guess some people can't understand that.

It's easy to tell us to go interact with minorities in high crime areas when you are paid to do that. The only whites who do this are paid to do it and most of them would gladly take a job in a safe white [sic] school that also pays better.

Despite all of the stupid guesses a certain jackass has tried again and again, the fact is that I have worked in wealthy districts and get offers from same all the time. I have worked in schools overseas, private schools, public schools, have run schools, written curricula for schools, and worked in other private sector jobs over the years. I've been around the block. I am working where I am because it presents a population that is very difficult to work with and in very significant need. I sought out a program where I can put my long experience to work in service of others. Other districts pay more, but the work you do should have meaning to yourself and others. It's not all about money. I guess some people can't understand that.

No one buys that. The unkotare we all know is not the guy you are describing. Sorry.

No one buys that. .......

No one has to. The truth is what it is.

How come they don't have a black person teaching black kids instead of you? Can't they find any black teachers who are as qualified as you?

How come they don't have a black person teaching black kids instead of you? Can't they find any black teachers who are as qualified as you?

Many of my colleagues are black, and Latino, and Asian, and who cares? We are all there because we care about the kids.

...Teaching in school has nothing to do with fixing society on an adult level....

Did you really just post that?
Here you are separating my post again eh ??

Ok, let me put this in low gear for you, now hold on for the ride son.

Teaching in school to children doesn't make you some kind of guru on the subject of race, but you think that it does maybe ?? When I said teaching society on an adult level, I meant it to mean that you must be the one to go out now (not your students), and show them how it's done. If you do well in their eyes, then they might (in the coming years) also do well.

However, if you are wrong in your thinking, and you apply that wrong in front of their eyes, then they will rebuke your teachings (maybe) or be indoctrinated by them.

Now to revisit my statement in which you have interpreted wrongfully, I want you go out and get some real world experience under your belt, then you will know that you are teaching correctly, and you might make a difference if apply it to the ground afterwards. Until then good luck convincing the crowd or your students.

Got any examples?

For example, folks could get off the computer and out into the places where young people may be living with the consequences of racism or inequality and try to make positive change. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "them" were to sign up to be a big brother or big sister in an inner city neighborhood. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "you whites, you whites, you whites!" if they are anywhere close to as intelligent as they keep claiming to be, were to take some time to tutor a white working class kid with aspirations. Imagine if some of the fucking assholes who are clearly part of the fucking problem were just to hit "pause" on the irrational hatred and go be a normal fucking person to someone of whatever sort of people scares them so much and take the time to get to know someone well enough personally to see that we're all just the same sort of stupid animal when it comes right down to it despite how we look, where we live, or how much money we have.

See if any of the racist loud mouths (of varying hues) who constantly post here would even consider any of the above.
I already teach Black youth computer programming.

...Teaching in school has nothing to do with fixing society on an adult level....

... you must be the one to go out now (not your students), and show them how it's done.....

???

How what is done?
I'm done wasting my time with you. Good grief.

If you are unwilling to explain your rambling, it is a pretty good indication that you know it’s just empty verbiage. By all means, try to explain what you were thinking about when you posted it and I will be happy to respond. If you’re just going to post gibberish and then run away, you cannot expect much of a discussion.

Here you are separating my post again eh ??

Ok, let me put this in low gear for you, now hold on for the ride son.

Teaching in school to children doesn't make you some kind of guru on the subject of race, but you think that it does maybe ?? When I said teaching society on an adult level, I meant it to mean that you must be the one to go out now (not your students), and show them how it's done. If you do well in their eyes, then they might (in the coming years) also do well.

However, if you are wrong in your thinking, and you apply that wrong in front of their eyes, then they will rebuke your teachings (maybe) or be indoctrinated by them.

Now to revisit my statement in which you have interpreted wrongfully, I want you go out and get some real world experience under your belt, then you will know that you are teaching correctly, and you might make a difference if apply it to the ground afterwards. Until then good luck convincing the crowd or your students.
My buddy at work is glad his stepson got a job at Walmart. Up until now he has only talked to teachers, parents and other kids. He’s happy he’s going to finally get some real world experience. His words not mine. Something he has not yet had. Something he did not get at public school. He just graduated high school.

Now he will deal with bosses coworkers and customers.

... I want you go out and get some real world experience under your belt, .......

One more try: What sort of "real world experience" did you have in mind? Be careful you don't make yourself look foolish with your answer.

Forum List

Back