What's The Best Way To Fight and/or Stop Racism?

To address the thread topic: How about everyone posting on this thread go out and actually do something to make the problem better - even just a little bit better. Not talking, not feeling, but real get-off-your-ass something out in the world.

Maybe in the end that's the best way (or the only way) to chip away at the problem.
Ok, I'm going into Chicago with well intentions, and I'm going to ask the gangs to pull their pants up, get a life, and re-join civilized society. Will that work ?? Oh and I will ask them please to quit killing each other, and quit doing drugs etc. What if I ask nice enough ? Will that work ?.....

Just passing through? Not going to stay and do the work day in, day out, for years and years? Would you be naive enough to believe anything gets any better that way? You really do have a lot to learn about life.
Answer my question's directly,....

I did.
No you didn't... You deflected. Not going to go into some long back and forth with you, because I ain't got time for that non-sense.

One good area to start is fear. All races need to stop allowing it to dictate how we treat one another. If we continue to see those who are different as the enemy then your wish will keep coming true.

One good area to start is fear. All races need to stop allowing it to dictate how we treat one another. If we continue to see those who are different as the enemy then your wish will keep coming true.
Fear? I dont fear whites. Thats like saying I fear fire. I can trust fire to burn at every opportunity so I avoid it but I have no fear of it.

Fear stems from a lack of familiarity.

To address the thread topic: How about everyone posting on this thread go out and actually do something to make the problem better - even just a little bit better. Not talking, not feeling, but real get-off-your-ass something out in the world.

Maybe in the end that's the best way (or the only way) to chip away at the problem.
Ok, I'm going into Chicago with well intentions, and I'm going to ask the gangs to pull their pants up, get a life, and re-join civilized society. Will that work ?? Oh and I will ask them please to quit killing each other, and quit doing drugs etc. What if I ask nice enough ? Will that work ?.....

Just passing through? Not going to stay and do the work day in, day out, for years and years? Would you be naive enough to believe anything gets any better that way? You really do have a lot to learn about life.
Answer my question's directly,....

I did.
No you didn't... ......

I most certainly did. If you are unsatisfied, ask a more specific question and I'll be happy to answer.

True, but there are always going to be those in every race that create fear when they make people regret ever giving them the benefit of the doubt or the time of day.

Standards and boundaries usually manage our fears quite well, but when the gaurd is dropped either by force or volunteer, this is when our fears become reality.

Standards and boundaries usually manage our fears quite well, but when the gaurd [sic] is dropped either by force or volunteer, this is when our fears become reality.

Bullshit. Distance and ignorance encourage fear.

I invited my black female neighbor out on the boat. She said she really appreciated it because she’s the only black person in the neighborhood and she said, “as you can imagine not a lot of people are friendly to her.”

Keep in mind I live in trump country. So I agree with you. Why don’t they go out and do something to make the problem better? All it takes is to make the woman feel welcome?

I did.

I also know my trump neighbors growing up looked down on my immigrant parents. Republicans. I agree these white ignorant racist Americans should go out and do something positive kind and nice like I did.

Standards and boundaries usually manage our fears quite well, but when the gaurd [sic] is dropped either by force or volunteer, this is when our fears become reality.

What about bad experiences? If every time you’ve had a black neighbor they weren’t good neighbors, that too can create a prejudice

Not unless prejudice is present. If that was the case humans would have never reached out to other populations due to fear.

Not unless prejudice is present. If that was the case humans would have never reached out to other populations due to fear.
Your prejudice is getting the best of you.

Got any examples?

Got any examples?
Was working in the yard the weekend (true story), and a very loud talking black girl and her boyfriend or what ever he was to her was walking by. They stopped to kiss right in the street, and then here they came walking by. Well the girl says to me as they were passing by "Mr. Do you need some help or anything, this is my baby daddy and he's needing a job or some work". If this guy were to walk into my business looking the way he was dressed, and acting the way he was acting, he definitely wouldn't make it through the interview process, much less allowing him to work at my home. His girlfriend either didn't have a clue or she knew and was just carrying on in the loud way that she was.

Now do you think maybe that there might be some effort in the community to try to help these individuals or not ??? Should I just ignore the signs or go for it next time ???? What's my risk maybe ?? How does one hire such an individual that comes from a community teaching things like whites are evil, whites are racist, whites are privileged, whites are bad ???? This guy was wearing his rebellion on his sleeve, and I am expected to just accept that ??

Got any examples?

For example, folks could get off the computer and out into the places where young people may be living with the consequences of racism or inequality and try to make positive change. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "them" were to sign up to be a big brother or big sister in an inner city neighborhood. Imagine if one of these douches who keeps going on about "you whites, you whites, you whites!" if they are anywhere close to as intelligent as they keep claiming to be, were to take some time to tutor a white working class kid with aspirations. Imagine if some of the fucking assholes who are clearly part of the fucking problem were just to hit "pause" on the irrational hatred and go be a normal fucking person to someone of whatever sort of people scares them so much and take the time to get to know someone well enough personally to see that we're all just the same sort of stupid animal when it comes right down to it despite how we look, where we live, or how much money we have.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back