What's racist?

There was at least one story that said to say Master Bedroom brought back images of slavery in which the owner of the big house "Masser" slept in the Master Bedroom and blacks in todays time felt was offensive...

He this isn't me bitching about it....
Black people now find this reference to be in poor taste.

Many institutions have urged their workforce to be mindful of “gender bias” in language. The Learning and Skills Council wants staff to “perfect” their brief rather than “master” it, while the Newcastle University has singled out the phrase “master bedroom” as being problematic.

Everyday Phrases Are Now ?Offensive? | Sweetness & Light

Must not be catching on. I've bought 3 homes in the last 2 years and the only change I heard was master "suite" instead of bedroom. Certainly nothing as stupid as what you suggested.

There was at least one story that said to say Master Bedroom brought back images of slavery in which the owner of the big house "Masser" slept in the Master Bedroom and blacks in todays time felt was offensive...

One whole story? Well hell must be an epidemic.

Thats all you have? Sadly, yes...thats all. Now back to the topic at hand huh?

Why? If I am around whites calling each other "honkie" i wouldn't slip up and do it myself.

And if whites were calling each other honkie, they would not have the expectation that you should not.

I dont care what expectation whites would have. I am only concerned with my behavior. i dont feel like I am being deprived by not calling them "honkie" just because someone else can get away with it. White entitlement.

If you are only concerned about your own behavior, then you should not care if whites use the N word. And perhaps you don't. I don't know that you ever said that you did.

And if whites were calling each other honkie, they would not have the expectation that you should not.

I dont care what expectation whites would have. I am only concerned with my behavior. i dont feel like I am being deprived by not calling them "honkie" just because someone else can get away with it. White entitlement.

If you are only concerned about your own behavior, then you should not care if whites use the N word. And perhaps you don't. I don't know that you ever said that you did.

How silly of you to come to that totally unrelated conclusion. Just because I am concerned with my behavior towards someone does not mean I am going to allow someone to be disrespectful to me in my face.

When i was a kid someone had me look up the word Black. It had all the worst words like evil, vile, repulsive, etc. I then was told to look up white and it had words like pure, innocent, square dealing etc. Looks like that has been changed in most dictionaries. However, this is where the claims of racism come from. There is no question the definitions were racist aspects of the American culture. Black Friday is a weird one as it actually has a positive meaning.

In my 49 years I've not seen such definitions in a dictionary, if I had I am fairly certain I would not have ascribed them to skin color. But who knows? Different times, different mind sets...

The black hole incident sticks in my mind as perhaps the most ridiculous case of calling racism. As much as I am not a fan of racism and those who practice it, I am equally not a fan of those who look for any slight, real or perceived, and use it as an excuse to cry, or accuse others of, racism.

Much like people over using the word "awesome," to do so when something is not, diminishes those instances when something is...
When I was young it was proper to refer to negroes as negroes or colored. It was insulting to refer to them as black. It was Malcolm X who denounced use of the words negro and colored as condescendingly offensive and insisted that Black was the proper word when referring to those formerly known as negroes and "colored."

I don't recall when that imposition was superseded by the current designation, African American. Which I have no problem with except for the inconvenient imposition of seven syllables in place of one.

This thread is in dire need...

0030573288310_500X500.jpg

How silly of you to come to that totally unrelated conclusion. Just because I am concerned with my behavior towards someone does not mean I am going to allow someone to be disrespectful to me in my face.

So your statement "I am only concerned with my behavior" is not true. You are concerned with the behavior of others if the behavior shows disrespect to you.

So your statement "I am only concerned with my behavior" is not true. You are concerned with the behavior of others if the behavior shows disrespect to you.

I know reading comprehension is difficult for you but you simply have to try harder. My assertion that I am only concerned with my behavior is definitely true. Where did I say i was concerned with or care about the behavior of others if they show disrespect? I said I was not going to allow someone to disrespect me in my face. Its not a big deal. Its just a fact. If I was concerned i would worry about it. I don't.

I know reading comprehension is difficult for you but you simply have to try harder. My assertion that I am only concerned with my behavior is definitely true. Where did I say i was concerned with or care about the behavior of others if they show disrespect? I said I was not going to allow someone to disrespect me in my face. Its not a big deal. Its just a fact. If I was concerned i would worry about it. I don't.

I know that simple logic is difficult for you because what you wrote is a contradiction. Having said that it's probably best that I leave this topic because you are driving me to become a racist.

Last edited:

I know that simple logic is difficult for you because what you wrote is a contradiction. Having said that it's probably if leave this topic because you are driving me to become a racist.

It sounds like you lack awareness of what the definition of contradiction means. I took the responsibility of posting it for you.

con·tra·dic·tion noun \ˌkän-trə-ˈdik-shən\
: the act of saying something that is opposite or very different in meaning to something else

: a difference or disagreement between two things which means that both cannot be true

I think its best you leave this thread as well. if you are worried about becoming a racist then you have other issues above and beyond your lack of comprehension.

I know that simple logic is difficult for you because what you wrote is a contradiction. Having said that it's probably if leave this topic because you are driving me to become a racist.

It sounds like you lack awareness of what the definition of contradiction means. I took the responsibility of posting it for you.

: the act of saying something that is opposite or very different in meaning to something else

: a difference or disagreement between two things which means that both cannot be true

I think its best you leave this thread as well. if you are worried about becoming a racist then you have other issues above and beyond your lack of comprehension.

You post a correct definition, yet you pretend not to see the contradiction in your own words. I say pretend because you can't be too stupid to see it.....well, I might be wrong about that.

Anyway, I better leave before your aggressive blackness intimates me (give me a break)!

You post a correct definition, yet you pretend not to see the contradiction in your own words. I say pretend because you can't be too stupid to see it.....well, I might be wrong about that.

Anyway, I better leave before your aggressive blackness intimates me (give me a break)!

Where do you see a contradiction? Can you please point it out?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back