What’s it called when you say things like

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
It’s hotter than a tin roof in July? I’ll be back quicker than you can say jimini crickets. Happier than a pig in shit.

All I can find is Texas sayings. Maybe doing this started in Texas?

Why do I ask? There is a show Nightmare Next Door where the host or narrator these things waaay too often. To the point it’s as ridiculous as a singer with a studded.

It’s hotter than a tin roof in July? I’ll be back quicker than you can say jimini crickets. Happier than a pig in shit.

Why do I ask? There is a show Nightmare Next Door where the host or narrator these things waaay too often. To the point it’s as ridiculous as a singer with a studded.

That dog won’t hunt

Those are called idioms.

noun

1. 1.
    a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., rain cats and dogs, see the light ).
Thanks. Find the show Nightmare Next Door. I can only watch it because I have a dvr and can fast forward. They drag it out for sure. But I do love the details on who did it and how they caught them. That’s the best part of violent crime. I hate unsolved crimes as I’m sure everyone else agrees. So many idioms it’s ridiculous

I love interrogation cam because I’m always fascinated with why. This show shows you if they are remorseful, liars, why they did it. The details. But it’s always horrible imagining the victims last 3 minutes, hours or days of suffering.

Just recently in Dearborn, mi, a guy broke in and raped 2 90s and 80something women. Wtf!? I hope one day they put that one on one of these shows.

Or court tv. Another good one. You get to see them punished. Victim impact statements are tough. I like when the victims family attacks the murderer and later the judge gives them a pass.

"you listed more "colorful southern metaphors" than possums in a poke sack.

I hope you guys watch one episode of Nightmare Next Door so you see what I’m saying. Whoever the narrator is, or writers, is insane. I would love to ask him why. Why put so many idioms in your stories.

I remember my buddies dad was the king of idioms. One thing he said I’m not sure if it’s an idiom. You guys tell me. He said

“ boy that girls got a body like a woman but a mind like a child”

I hope you guys watch one episode of Nightmare Next Door so you see what I’m saying. Whoever the narrator is, or writers, is insane. I would love to ask him why. Why put so many idioms in your stories.
"why put so many idioms in stories?' the author might say "because i consider my audience and idioms are for idiots?"

i hate those shows. and i work in st bernard parish, there "colorful southern metaphor" is the official language.

good morning sealy. spring has sprung.

"why put so many idioms in stories?' the author might say "because i consider my audience and idioms are for idiots?"

i hate those shows. and i work in st bernard parish, there "colorful southern metaphor" is the official language.

good morning sealy. spring has sprung.
Maybe they wanted to do it less dreary than most shows do it. It almost seemed inappropriate. He’s talking about detectives looking for a murderer and this guys using idioms constantly. To the point I almost considered not taping them. Now I watch the beginning and fast forward a lot towards the end. But I miss a lot of details. Not as much as you’d think though.

They would tell you something important at the beginning then tell you all about all the leads, even the ones that turned out to be nothing. So fuck it i fast forward to the end to see who dun it.

Forum List

Back