What’s Behind the Dramatic Rise in Teen Suicide?

And LGBT youth? Let's get back to the origin of the thread. Teen and pre-teen suicide drastically going in from 2007-2017. We have only seen a drastic tolerance and advocacy of LGBT displayed in the news media, entertainment industry, and education system. Theoretically there should be fewer suicides with more "tolerance." Tolerance goes both ways. The way the news media, entertainment industry, and education system portrays Republicans/conservatives/Christians in recent times, one would think Republicans/conservatives/Christians would have skyrocketing suicide rates. Maybe future studies might have some data on that.

It's pretty evident that kids have been pushed in sexuality much younger than they ought to be, and that just leads to more confusion. Progressives seem to be using their children as sexual experiments in this gay/transgender nonsense. That might not be going as well as they like. If those kids kill themselves, it's the advocates who pushed them into those lifestyles that are to blame.

More horseshit. Tolerance displayed in the media does not always translate into tolerance in the real world. Life is still hard for LGBT youth and it can push them to self destructive behavior. And the intolerance is not always obvious. LGBT kids are often maligned, bullied and marginalized in subtle ways

LGBT-whatever is self-destructive behavior. It's mental illness and a compassionate loving person helps them get out of that chosen lifestyle.

And more and more LGBT-whatever kids become bullies, as their advocates encourage them to do. I call them the Gaystapo. It's not just "tolerance" anymore, You must admire and celebrate their mental illness or face the consequences by the Gaystapo. I will not tolerate their bullying behavior and call it as I see it. Truth must prevail.

And please save the horseshit about Republicans , conservatives and Christians. You people don’t have a fucking think to complain about. If there is any intolerance towards them, it is an intolerance for intolerance. Like violence and hate, all intolerance is not equal.

Republicans/conservatives/Christians have been hated since they came into existence to rid the country of slavery and racism, and continues with today's social issues. Democrats have never forgiven them for that. They are the biggest obstacles to total power. Republicans have certainly shown some cowardice on many issues to their discredit, but true conservatives/Christians must never back down. Our rights and civil liberties depend on that.

“Children being pushed into sexuality?” What the fuck does that mean ? “Children as sexual experiments” That is just to fucking stupid. The position that I take is to listen to and take seriously expressions of gender dysphoria or questions about sexual orientation. To be supportive and understanding and give the kids space to find out who they are. It is also to teach children to be accepting and respectful of others who are different. Bullying and bigotry, and shaming children who are LGBT results in suicide.

Sure, ignore all the modern day parents and Hollywood actors who are either raising/pushing their children to be "gender neutral" or the opposite of their birth sex. Sure, ignore the trans-freaks reading perverted "childrens" books in libraries and early schooling to young children 4-5. Nobody should be doing anything sexually explicit with children that age, period. Else, they're no better than your typical sexual predator of children.

Gender dysphoria, like any other kind of body dysphoria (e.g., anorexia), should be treated seriously and solutions to make somebody comfortable with their body. The Gaystapo does the opposite. The Gaystapo doesn't care about the mental health and welfare of people, they exploit dysphoria to increase their numbers, for political power, for their hatred of Christianity.

In my life, far farrrrr more hate comes from the left. Immigrants? You probably mean illegals. The Republicans/conservatives love immigrants who love this country and came legally.
Complete and utter horseshit! Any hate from the left is in response to the hate that is INNITIATED from the right. All hate is not equal, like all violence is not equal. Someone who is attacked and fights back is the victim, not the perpetrator.

Blinded by your partisanship.
Let me add a common trait amongst self-described progressives... the trait is ENVY and envy is a great motivator of hate that is used against those they despise. It's no wonder self-describes progressives are so violent. All of the violent outfits are born out of left-wing hatred of right-wingers.

Another common trait that should be avoided is PROJECTION. Self-described progressives do it all the time. Pointing at others when they should be looking in a mirror.

Put away envy and hatred. It pours out of you in abundance. It's not healthy.

And NO I am not just talking about the undocumented. I am talking about all immigrants who are being maligned by right wingers

I must be hanging around with a different crop of right-wingers.
In response to post 35 through 38, The subject is teen suicide the rest is just Gish Gallop. And insanity

OIP.4YH648Pm8401G6NAiSgrMQHaEN
upload_2020-1-18_8-31-53.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I have better things to do with my time, it's good to know I no longer have to waste my time giving thoughtful and honest responses to somebody's blind partisan BS that has tried to de-rail my thread.
I'd be happy to see genuine thoughts from genuine people on this serious matter of teen and pre-teen suicide, possible contributing causes and reasonable helps and solutions.

Key findings:

NCHS Data Brief ■ No. 352 ■ October 2019

Data from the National Vital Statistics System
● After stable trends from 2000 to 2007, suicide rates for persons aged 10–24 increased from 2007 (6.8 per 100,000 persons) to 2017 (10.6), while homicide rates declined from 2007 to 2014 and then increased through 2017.
● The suicide rate for persons aged 10–14 declined from 2000 (1.5) to 2007 (0.9), and then nearly tripled from 2007 to 2017 (2.5), while the homicide rate declined 18% from 2000 (1.1) to 2017 (0.9).
● For persons aged 15–19 and 20–24, suicide and homicide death rates both increased more recently during the 2000–2017 period, with the increase in suicide rates beginning earlier than for homicide rates.
● For the total age group 10–24 and for persons aged 15–19 and 20–24, suicide rates surpassed homicide rates during the latter part of the 2000–2017 period.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db352-h.pdf

The study doesn't answer the question that is: What’s Behind the Dramatic Rise in Teen and Pre-Teen Suicide?

Feel free to state some causes of this troubling trend and what can we do about it?

I have a three thoughts:

1) This generation is one that was raised with social media that older generations didn't have growing up or were in their initial phases, plus the technological devices such as smart phones that contributes to this new world. Perhaps this isolates too many youth, where true friendships aren't as developed as in past years, and that technology isolates people more. We don't talk to each other at dinnertime as much, we stare into our i-phones (this objection is certainly not new - when televisions first came out in the middle of the 20th Century, this was seen as the first wave of families starting to become disconnected). And then there is on-line bullying, which brings school-yard bullying into the home that wasn't a factor in years past.

2) There is this mindset being taught and promoted that human beings are a plague on the planet. Environmental concerns have pointed all the ails of this planet (real or imagined) on the existance of humans, and how the world would be better of if human beings eliminated themselves. So you have this generation that is being scared about the world ending due to human existance. That would weigh heavily on the youth that there is no future for them. This has been going on since the '70s but has only become more alarmist in this century.

3) Lack of a spiritual upbringing. Without being rooted in a higher spiritual power (I'll go ahead and say it: God), people can wander around without any basis of hope. That we're mere accidents and have no purpose in life. We've seen each subsequent generation not value being trained in spiritual matters. If the parents don't value church, why should the children? Then each generation becomes less involved in church. Why bother going on when things get tough? Where is hope? What is the value of life?

Anyhoo, just some thoughts of mine. Feel free to share your own...
oh its definitely a spiritual problem ! and also half the kids are taught that they are victims and that the world is against them while the other half is burdened with the weight of the guilt that they are responsible for the victimizing .

In my life, far farrrrr more hate comes from the left. Immigrants? You probably mean illegals. The Republicans/conservatives love immigrants who love this country and came legally.
Complete and utter horseshit! Any hate from the left is in response to the hate that is INNITIATED from the right. All hate is not equal, like all violence is not equal. Someone who is attacked and fights back is the victim, not the perpetrator.

And NO I am not just talking about the undocumented. I am talking about all immigrants who are being maligned by right wingers
all you've been doing is blaming the right ! i hope there are no young people within earshot ...after hearing your crap they may kill themselves !

Since I have better things to do with my time, it's good to know I no longer have to waste my time giving thoughtful and honest responses to somebody's blind partisan BS that has tried to de-rail my thread.
I'd be happy to see genuine thoughts from genuine people on this serious matter of teen and pre-teen suicide, possible contributing causes and reasonable helps and solutions.
The subject is teen suicide to which you never had any intention of giving a thoughtful and honest response to . Rather, you took the opportunity to promote your anti-climate change agenda, extoll the virtues of capitalism-which was never mentioned-while glossing over the effects of income and wealth disparity on the future of young people, and railed about the role of the federal government in health care while ignoring the fact that poor access to health and mental health may be a contributing factor in suicide.

Then-in response to my point that the suicide problem is related to hate and intolerance promoted and perpetuated by republicans, particularly against immigrants and LGBT youth- you bizarrely prattled on about how we are "pushing children into sexuality" and "using them for sexual experimentation" You were equally dismissive and inappropriate in response to my points about, the opioid crisis and student debt. So please don't tell us how you wanted to have a serious discussion about teen suicde

Last edited:
They need to get out in the woods with a firearm and blast some shit,take a dirt bike out and ride that bitch like you're gonna die tomorrow.
Kids now days are pussies and have no self confidence because all they've ever done is beat a high score on a damn video game.

While when I was that age I found going out in the woods with a .22 a fishing rod,some jaw traps,a sleeping bag and staying out for a week to be plenty exciting.
Of course we'd always bring a bottle of purloined alcohol to make things interesting.
Problem is if ya let your kid live like that today welfare comes and takes them away. Do not make them go to school welfare takes them away. Kick their ass because they did not go to school you leave in cuffs and oh ya welfare takes them away. All a kid needs today to rule the home is welfares number and a willingness to say what they want to hear.

They need to get out in the woods with a firearm and blast some shit,take a dirt bike out and ride that bitch like you're gonna die tomorrow.
Kids now days are pussies and have no self confidence because all they've ever done is beat a high score on a damn video game.

While when I was that age I found going out in the woods with a .22 a fishing rod,some jaw traps,a sleeping bag and staying out for a week to be plenty exciting.
Of course we'd always bring a bottle of purloined alcohol to make things interesting.
Problem is if ya let your kid live like that today welfare comes and takes them away. Do not make them go to school welfare takes them away. Kick their ass because they did not go to school you leave in cuffs and oh ya welfare takes them away. All a kid needs today to rule the home is welfares number and a willingness to say what they want to hear.

It has a lot to do with location as well.
I lived in the boonies as a kid so it was expected of us.
They figured we couldnt get into that much trouble out in the woods.

OK Boomer! As a former CPS investigator, I would not have taken your kids away. I would , however, arranged parenting skills and sensitivity training for you. The despair that leads to suicide is complex and can't be made to go away by sending a kid out into the woods. It does not change the reality that they ultimately will have to face, and more likely will turn that .22 on themselves.

California Surgeon General Dr. Burke Harris - How early childhood experiences affect children’s future:

California Surgeon General: How Toxic Stress (CHILD ABUSE) Affects Children's Health:

Oprah Winfrey Fixing The Hole In Your Soul:

Dr. Bruce D. Perry: Social & Emotional Development in Early Childhood:

I would assume that chemicals are also playing a big part in it all. The gut brain axis. Crops being desiccated pre-harvest with chemicals increased, increased vaccine preservatives and the unintended consequences of phosphate bans which increased the use of benzalkonium are most likely playing a role in it all.

The Gut-Brain Connection: How it Works and The Role of Nutrition

Myenteric Denervation of the Gut with Benzalkonium Chloride: A Review of Forty Years of an Experimental Model

Catecholamine levels in the brain of rats exposed by inhalation to benzalkonium chloride. - PubMed - NCBI

Increased catecholamine levels in specific brain regions of a rat model of depression: normalization by chronic antidepressant treatment. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.organic-systems.org/journal/92/JOS_Volume-9_Number-2_Nov_2014-Swanson-et-al.pdf

Last edited:
OK Boomer! As a former CPS investigator, I would not have taken your kids away. I would , however, arranged parenting skills and sensitivity training for you. The despair that leads to suicide is complex and can't be made to go away by sending a kid out into the woods. It does not change the reality that they ultimately will have to face, and more likely will turn that .22 on themselves.
^^^ clueless about the joys of being raised in the country vs the city.

Yep our food supply is chemical laden but many only believe in the $ and heck it would be bad if we weren't eating those chemicals because they provide jobs....ad nauseum. Or better yet ah a few chemicals ain't gonna kill ya. Just keep waving that flag.

But many have their retirements invested in it all and it would just kill the markets (cough, cough) if they told people the truth about it all. Some don't mind giving themselves and their families over to it all, others think it has no effect on them and their doctors pharmaceuticals, surgery, etc. can make them all better.

Forum List

Back