Whatever You Think Of Their Music -

Mick Jagger, the original "Bad Boy" of rock n roll. Bet ya didn't know he's a conservative.

Mick Jagger, the original "Bad Boy" of rock n roll. Bet ya didn't know he's a conservative.

Why would that matter when it comes to music? Politics are not the most important thing, you know.
I didn't say it matters, but I think I'm allowed to mention it.

There are plenty of bands that even their words are political, but I don't care. If I like the music, then I like it. Aside from this place, I don't take politics into account all that much.

Why would that matter when it comes to music? Politics are not the most important thing, you know.

So, are you friends with any people that you disagree with politically? Do you talk about it a lot with your friends or family?

I have both, conservative and liberal friends, even here. In fact, there are two people that I've been friends with for years that I knew from another forum who are both conservatives, and I'm really not conservative at all. So when it comes to music, that doesn't matter to me, nor does it bother me.

Last edited:

So, are you friends with any people that you disagree with politically? Do you talk about it a lot with your friends or family?
Sure, but what does that have to do with the Stones?

Sure, but what does that have to do with the Stones?

Just wondering if people are so politically biased that they base their music choices and/or friends because of it.

There are plenty of bands that even their words are political, but I don't care. If I like the music, then I like it. Aside from this place, I don't take politics into account all that much.

For some, derailing a thread and getting back to their pissy little one-upmanship game is more important than the music.
-- Which is sad.

For some, derailing a thread and getting back to their pissy little one-upmanship game is more important than the music.
-- Which is sad.

Meh, some people are extremely politically biased apparently. Not me. Actors, comedians, musicians - if I like what they do, I don't care about the "politics." Some loopy people were even bringing "Muslims" into the discussion. Lol. :lol:

-- Which is sad.

Meh, some people are extremely politically biased apparently. Not me. Actors, comedians, musicians - if I like what they do, I don't care about the "politics." Some loopy people were even bringing "Muslims" into the discussion. Lol. :lol:
You really need to let it go. All I did was mention a bit of Mick Jagger trivia most people didn't know about (and find it interesting). You're blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

-- Which is sad.

You really need to let it go. All I did was mention a bit of Mick Jagger trivia most people didn't know about (and find it interesting). You're blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

Did I say I was talking about you? I don't believe so. :D

Obviously these things actually matter for some people.

-- Which is sad.

Yeah, ok. ;)

-- Which is sad.

Yeah, ok. ;)

Just stating facts. :D

-- Which is sad.
I agree music on many levels overpowers even the most staunch supporter of a political stance.

Very interesting fact

Jagger and Richards wrote this political song

Sweet Black Angel-

• This is about Angela Davis, a black radical who was arrested, but eventually acquitted, of aiding a courtroom escape in 1970 in which four people died. She was the vice-presidential candidate on the US Communist party ticket in 1980.
    • The lyrics are a parody of black stereotypes. Mick Jagger sang like Buckwheat from The Little Rascals to make his statement of support for Angela Davis. Potentially inflammatory lyrics like "Ten little nigga," did not cause much controversy because it was so clearly a parody.

“Sweet Black Angel” is one of the few outright political songs written by the Rolling Stones. A country-blues ballad, it was written about civil rights activist Angela Davis, who was facing murder charges at the time.[1] Steve Kurutz says in his review, “Having never heard of Angela Davis, a listener could easily overlook the political lyrics and get lost in the circular acoustic plucking or the washboard rhythm that propels the song so well. Yet, by knowing the case history one realizes how deft and clever Mick's lyrics could be, even if he hides behind his best backwoods diction and garbled annunciation [sic] obscure the point. ”

Sweet Black Angel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back