What Would King Say?

Many like you USMB right wingers love to misquote King to defend the continued maintenance of a racist system. But his words are documented.

'Whenever this issue of compensatory or preferential treatment for the Negro is raised,'' Dr. King wrote, ''some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic. For it is obvious that if a man is entered at the starting line in a race 300 years after another man, the first would have to perform some impossible feat in order to catch up with his fellow runner.''

MISSTATING` DR. KING`S VIEWS?

Jonathan K. Baum, Staff attorney and clinical fellow, Mandel Legal Aid Clinic, University of Chicago Law SchoolCHICAGO TRIBUNE

The Jan. 11 edition of your newspaper accurately reported that Assistant U.S. Atty. Gen. William Bradford Reynolds claimed, in a speech at the University of Chicago Law School, that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. shared the Reagan administration`s opposition to any ''preferential treatment'' for blacks in compensation for historical discrimination. Too bad Mr. Reynolds failed to report Dr. King`s views as accurately as you reported Mr. Reynolds`. In his 1964 book, ''Why We Can`t Wait,'' Dr. King specifically repudiated the Reagan/Reynolds approach.

King would say "Get me another drink."

Yes, it is racism, and you are the idiot. Your grammar is awful. You missed punctuation and capitalization. Nixon ended the war that MLK opposed, and that's so rude to insult a veteran who became a two-term president because you don't like white people.
You don't define racism. My grammar is just fine. This is not english class and the only thing important here are the facts. King opposed the Vietnam war for everyone. And the fact of the matter for blacks was that civil rights may have been signed on paper, but it was not being applied by behavior by a whole lot of whites in America. Fuck Nixon, my father was a vet and I don't have to respect a racist and one of the most crooked men ever to hold the office of the presidency.

IM2 Wow, you called me a Retard? Don't your people bang their cousins because they don't know daddy? Don't you think they would have children who are off mentally?
I haven't seen that. But a whole lot of your ancestors enjoyed raping blacks.

Joe Bidens didn't target anyone and that crime bill had a lot of things in it like increased funding for juvenile justice programs which ended up casing this:

“For nearly all serious and minor offenses, including homicide, rates among black teenagers nationally were lower in 2011 than when racial statistics were first collected nationally in 1964.

View attachment 555263

Mike Males, “Why the Gigantic, Decades-Long Drop in Black Youth Crime Threatens Major Interests,” The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, August 15, 2013, Why the Gigantic, Decades-Long Drop in Black Youth Crime Threatens Major Interests — Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

When I look in the mirror, I see a man who knows that trump/pence did not creat record low black unemployment.

Trump exaggerates his role in black job gains​

TRUMP: “The facts speak far louder than words! The Democrats always play the Race Card, when in fact they have done so little for our Nation’s great African American people. Now, lowest unemployment in U.S. history, and only getting better.” — tweet Sunday.

THE FACTS: Trump is seeking credit he doesn’t deserve for black job growth. He’s also wrong to assert that Democrats haven’t done anything to improve the economic situation for African Americans.

It’s true that black unemployment did reach a record low during the Trump administration: 5.9 percent in May 2018. It currently stands at 6 percent.

But many economists view the continued economic growth since the middle of 2009, when Democratic President Barack Obama was in office, as the primary explanation for hiring. More important, there are multiple signs that the racial wealth gap is now worsening and the administration appears to have done little, if anything, to specifically address this challenge.

African Americans also had higher income prior to the Trump administration. A black household earned median income of $40,258 in 2017, the latest data available. That’s below a 2000 peak of $42,348, according to the Census Bureau.

The most dramatic drop in black unemployment came under Obama, when it fell from a recession high of 16.8 percent in March 2010 to 7.8 percent in January 2017.

You're a racist idiot. You really need to shut your mouth.
Do you believe everything you read? Lol, Racist Troll? Who me? Lol

You voted for Biden, a man who targeted your people.

He would say you're a disgrace for voting for a guy who said he doesn't want his kids growing up in a "racial jungle" with the likes of you. And he'd be right.
Be that as it may, Biden seems pretty prescient with his assessment of how effective bussing would be in helping the rednecks to reconstruct.

You don't define racism. My grammar is just fine. This is not english class and the only thing important here are the facts. King opposed the Vietnam war for everyone. And the fact of the matter for blacks was that civil rights may have been signed on paper, but it was not being applied by behavior by a whole lot of whites in America. Fuck Nixon, my father was a vet and I don't have to respect a racist and one of the most crooked men ever to hold the office of the presidency.
I don't care if Nixon was racist. He did some great things. What did LBJ say after signing that 1964 bill? That will keep those bleeps voting democrat for 100 years? What did he call you? Your boy Biden weaponized the system against you and, you say fuck Nixon? Not fuck Joe Biden? Not fuck LBJ? Obama made Nixon look like an altar boy!

Malcolm X mocked The JFK Kennedy assassination. He seemed like an asshole and a coward, and he got his karma when he got shot. You know what they say God hates the ugly!
X didn't mock anything. He spoke truth about how things came full circle because at that time the CIA under Kennedy was assasinating people.

X fought white racism. That was ugly. He got killed for speaking truth.

More. But the right wing would attack him just like they do any other black person trying to change the system.
No more so than that other POS Jesse Jackson that he hung around with.

I don't care if Nixon was racist. He did some great things. What did LBJ say after signing that 1964 bill? That will keep those bleeps voting democrat for 100 years? What did he call you? Your boy Biden weaponized the system against you and, you say fuck Nixon? Not fuck Joe Biden? Not fuck LBJ? Obama made Nixon look like an altar boy!
I know you're a racist piece of shit but don't lie about Obama. Abe Lincoln signed the EP and wanted to ship blacks to south america or africa. Biden didn't weaponize shit, whites commit crime and nothing was happening with the same crime bill. Biden is not responsible for racism at the state and local level by whites. Fuck Nixon son, you don't get to try telling me the right wing racist republican whitre mans half history and think I'm going to fall for it. Nixons racist ass started the southern strategy. So fuck him.

Racial equality was not radical in 1965....

In 2021 you would consider it conservative lol
I know whites like you love to believe that but it was radical and it's damn sure not what conservatism is now.

That's because you're white and racist. Nixon was an evil man and his racism even made him worse.

Your people owned Blacks. Don't you think your people raped their slaves?
No, white people owned blacks. In africa slavery was basically punishment for crimes or used against war captives. In America black who owned less than 3 percent of all slaves primarily bought family members, which effectively ended their slavery. Once again you try to come with some retarded white racist bullshit with a black man who has actually studied this instead of reading another white dudes halfstory.

Brother Minister Malcolm X was feared . And rightly so, as he was more powerful.
Exactly. The thing whites feared the most was if they had decided to unify. That was coming if you see the way both men were evolving.

No, white people owned blacks. In africa slavery was basically punishment for crimes or used against war captives. In America black who owned less than 3 percent of all slaves primarily bought family members, which effectively ended their slavery. Once again you try to come with some retarded white racist bullshit with a black man who has actually studied this instead of reading another white dudes halfstory.

You need a refreshment course in English. Free slaves owned slaves. You don't you think they had sex with their slaves? Blacks enslaved blacks in Africa. That's still going on today. You don't think they do that? R Kelly got convicted of sex slavery, and historically blacks raped a lot of white women. They still do that. You are the bigot you, use slurs, not me. I called you out for having problems with my people. You denied it until someone else called you out on it. The average IQ from were ancestors is higher than any African nation and, I'm sure my IQ is more potent than yours. Look at your grammar. Proofread your work before you attempt to call anyone names, but you are obtuse. You will keep up with your petty playground insults.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back