What would Jesus do?

By the way Jesus is likely pissed off at the government of Mexico, for doing such a piss poor job of helping it's citizens, that millions feel compelled to escape to the neighboring country.

California governor says it’s not ‘Christian’ to build a wall along the US-Mexico border

Well, I can't say he's wrong.

The thing is that it's also not Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Eastern Orthodox, Animist, Atheist, Hindu, or anything else. It's building a f*cking wall. That's what it is. Yes, it's an absurd thing to build on the U.S.-Mexico border, but it's still just building a wall.

And for the record, Christians and people of every other denomination have built and knocked down walls for ages.

Indeed. Obama even built a wall around his house when he moved out of the White House.

Crazy, huh?

I have a wall too. But it's a house not a nation.

I'd guess too that Jesus wouldn't build a wall based on Jesus' answer when Jesus was asked, "Who is my neighbor" in regards to loving thy neighbor.
πλησίον plēsíon, play-see'-on; neuter of a derivative of πέλας pélas (near); (adverbially) close by; as noun, a neighbor, i.e. fellow (as man, countryman, Christian or friend):—near, neighbor.

I'd guess too that Jesus wouldn't build a wall based on Jesus' answer when Jesus was asked, "Who is my neighbor" in regards to loving thy neighbor.
πλησίον plēsíon, play-see'-on; neuter of a derivative of πέλας pélas (near); (adverbially) close by; as noun, a neighbor, i.e. fellow (as man, countryman, Christian or friend):—near, neighbor.

Your point being?

Your point being?
That is the word in the Bible. It is what Jesus was referencing. He wasn't talking about another country that has lots of issues it needs to deal with within its own borders.

But the Samaritans and Jews did indeed have issues, a quick Google search yields:

Hatred Between Jews and Samaritans

Meanwhile, the southern kingdom of Judah fell to Babylon in 600 B.C. Its people, too, were carried off into captivity. But 70 years later, a remnant of 43,000 was permitted to return and rebuild Jerusalem. The people who now inhabited the former northern kingdom—the Samaritans—vigorously opposed the repatriation and tried to undermine the attempt to reestablish the nation. For their part, the full-blooded, monotheistic Jews detested the mixed marriages and worship of their northern cousins. So walls of bitterness were erected on both sides and did nothing but harden for the next 550 years.

There are countless modern parallels to the Jewish-Samaritan enmity—indeed, wherever peoples are divided by racial and ethnic barriers. Perhaps that’s why the Gospels and Acts provide so many instances of Samaritans coming into contact with the message of Jesus. It is not the person from the radically different culture on the other side of the world that is hardest to love, but the nearby neighbor whose skin color, language, rituals, values, ancestry, history, and customs are different from one’s own.

Funny how Christian liberals can get when they are fighting for future voters

Funny how not Christian republicans are when it comes to policy.

Dear Brain357
It depends if the goal is to feed someone fish, just to get them through one day. Or to TEACH someone to fish, so they are liberated for life.

They teach how to fish, and then give them a stagnant pond to fish in.

Ha ha Brain357
I guess the thinking is
if you can learn to fish in a stagnant pond,
you'll make it anywhere! Right?

(Accompanied by the standard lecture: Back in the
OLD days, we only had a tiny fish bowl to fish in.
What are YOU complaining about?)

California governor says it’s not ‘Christian’ to build a wall along the US-Mexico border

According to the governor of California, Jesus would never build the Trump wall.

Will the governor excommunicate Trump from the Progressive church of Jesus Marx?

Build factories. Campuses. Teaching hospitals.
Create jobs and educational opportunities
in safe sustainable developments. To serve
as reinforcement along the border while
providing legal residency, services and security
to deter crime while rewarding productive collaboration
with ownership in the property and programs.

www.earnedamnesty.org
So how many miles of Mexico are we going to take over beyond the border to make this happen? And is there any benefit to us for doing that?

Well, I can't say he's wrong.

The thing is that it's also not Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Eastern Orthodox, Animist, Atheist, Hindu, or anything else. It's building a f*cking wall. That's what it is. Yes, it's an absurd thing to build on the U.S.-Mexico border, but it's still just building a wall.

And for the record, Christians and people of every other denomination have built and knocked down walls for ages.

Indeed. Obama even built a wall around his house when he moved out of the White House.

Crazy, huh?

I have a wall too. But it's a house not a nation.
So it's ok to protect your home but not your nation?

But the Samaritans and Jews did indeed have issues, a quick Google search yields:

Hatred Between Jews and Samaritans

Meanwhile, the southern kingdom of Judah fell to Babylon in 600 B.C. Its people, too, were carried off into captivity. But 70 years later, a remnant of 43,000 was permitted to return and rebuild Jerusalem. The people who now inhabited the former northern kingdom—the Samaritans—vigorously opposed the repatriation and tried to undermine the attempt to reestablish the nation. For their part, the full-blooded, monotheistic Jews detested the mixed marriages and worship of their northern cousins. So walls of bitterness were erected on both sides and did nothing but harden for the next 550 years.

There are countless modern parallels to the Jewish-Samaritan enmity—indeed, wherever peoples are divided by racial and ethnic barriers. Perhaps that’s why the Gospels and Acts provide so many instances of Samaritans coming into contact with the message of Jesus. It is not the person from the radically different culture on the other side of the world that is hardest to love, but the nearby neighbor whose skin color, language, rituals, values, ancestry, history, and customs are different from one’s own.
They can give them all some love South of the border because these are not welcome here.

Texas Report Shows Terrorists, Cartels And Gangs Using Mexican Border As A High Speed Super-Highway Into U.S. ⋆ UFP NEWS

073-texas-report-940.png

The stupidity of Jimmy Carter continues to challenge. Not only did he destroy the economy with Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, but he opened the floodgates for the dregs of the world to invade our nation.

A Democratic Senator from Massachusetts was the rudder used for Democrat President Jimmy Carter to steer in the Refugee Act of 1980. Senator Edward Kennedy was the force behind this act which leveraged yet another unfunded federal mandate upon the States. Check out the members of Congress both Democrat and Republican who supported this abomination against American sovereignty. It might help explain how and why certain things are happening today.
It needs to be repealed asap http://uscode.house.gov/statutes/pl/96/212.pdf

Forum List

Back