What would happen to the United States if Conservatives left?

Do you know why Obama is for gay's in the military, and Gay marriage, even when he is a father who has a wife and two daughters for whom came up in the church ? It's because he was willing to stoop to what ever level it took to get a following or a build up in a following for himself, and this was just to remain in office at all cost was his thinking , otherwise it's just how desperate the man was, because there is no way that this man can be for gay marriage or for openingly serving gay's in the military if calling himself a Christian (in which he does) and seeing himself also as a father with a wife and two children whom were brought up in the church. The man is morally bankrupt, and this makes this man corrupt in so many ways that it just isn't funny. How the Americans can be led by such a person is beyond me, but here we are being led by such a person in which is so sad for America.

WOW, YOU know the intentions of Obama or anyone else? What are you calling for a THEOCRACY?

It has nothing to do with religion and EVERYTHING to do with RIGHTS.

And this is EXACTLY why our founders put a No Religious Test Clause in the Constitution. Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
Has nothing to with a religious test, but everything to do with what the man's character is or a character analysis when he opens his mouth, and by what the man will stoop to just to gain supporters and voters no matter what supposedly his core values are, or what they are supposed to be according to what flies out of his own mouth. He ought to be ashamed in front of his family, but his character won't allow him to realize how ashamed he should be, because it has him blinded by having a character such as this that is found within such a man that he is.

It has everything to do with no religious test and the wall of separation between church and state. He is the President for ALL citizens, not just Christians and theocrats.

A President's core values must be about equal rights for EVERYONE, not catering to ignorant, close minded Christians and theocrats.

WOW, YOU know the intentions of Obama or anyone else? What are you calling for a THEOCRACY?

It has nothing to do with religion and EVERYTHING to do with RIGHTS.

And this is EXACTLY why our founders put a No Religious Test Clause in the Constitution. Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
Has nothing to with a religious test, but everything to do with what the man's character is or a character analysis when he opens his mouth, and by what the man will stoop to just to gain supporters and voters no matter what supposedly his core values are, or what they are supposed to be according to what flies out of his own mouth. He ought to be ashamed in front of his family, but his character won't allow him to realize how ashamed he should be, because it has him blinded by having a character such as this that is found within such a man that he is.

It has everything to do with no religious test and the wall of separation between church and state. He is the President for ALL citizens, not just Christians and theocrats.

A President's core values must be about equal rights for EVERYONE, not catering to ignorant, close minded Christians and theocrats.
You are right that he should be the President for all Americans, but he shouldn't have to destroy himself in order to do so, and Americans shouldn't require him to destroy his core values while President just to cater to certain groups during his run, but that's what has taken place in a mutual agreement between them all. It's sad when we have a President who claimed to be a Christian, and this as his primary religion, yet who then was expected to throw away his core values in order to appease small sectors and/or groups whom want him to abuse large groups with their mental problems, and sadly this is what he was oh so willing to do for his twisted agenda as President. This makes him a hypocrite in so many ways that it is simply shameful for him in front of his family. The man undoubtedly is soulless, and I bet his family is feeling that type of vibe from him when he is in their midst, but his wife appears strong enough to cover for his absence in character, so thank goodness for that or the children might grow up without some kind of good parenting around, and this instead of having a father figure around who is absent in spirit, and is only there in the flesh. We should encourage his Christianity, and not chastise it or make him hide it due to a few whom want to use him for their end gains in life. Ummm, problem is however, is that he himself has allowed them to use him in these ways, and it was a scratch my back and I'll scratch your back sort of relationship I guess, but that could equate to one selling his own soul in the end for them, and that is a tragic situation for Barack Obama, but one he chose for himself in life, and sadly he did it in front of his very own family in which makes it even more bad in the end.

Last edited:
polls_godwins_law_9796_0355_145812_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I put this topic here because I want honest answers and no flaming. As a right leaning guy I love the left and wouldnt want to see them go. But why does the left hate Republicans so bad? Their history is after all the Anti-Slave party. p.s. sorry about any typo's I wrote this on the fly because I am so curious what would you think happen to the US if cons left

Do you mean actual 'conservatives?' Or the corporatist incendiary dopes currently masquerading under the "Conservative" moniker?

In other words, we talking Barry Goldwater, or, like, Oddball or say, you?

I put this topic here because I want honest answers and no flaming. As a right leaning guy I love the left and wouldnt want to see them go. But why does the left hate Republicans so bad? Their history is after all the Anti-Slave party. p.s. sorry about any typo's I wrote this on the fly because I am so curious what would you think happen to the US if cons left

Do you mean actual 'conservatives?' Or the corporatist incendiary dopes currently masquerading under the "Conservative" moniker?

You are certainly correct that there is a large range of oddballs parading under the conservative flag. And people like Barry Goldwater and William F Buckley are the intellectual cream of that crop (not a very high bar).

However, in my experience, they all rally to the cry of less government rather than better government. When that philosophy was applied to our business world, the result was the Great Recession.

I'm beginning to think that the conservative dogma for everyone is a way for those incapable of even envisioning better government, much less bringing it about, to get into politics.

You are certainly correct that there is a large range of oddballs parading under the conservative flag. And people like Barry Goldwater and William F Buckley are the intellectual cream of that crop (not a very high bar).

However, in my experience, they all rally to the cry of less government rather than better government. When that philosophy was applied to our business world, the result was the Great Recession.

I'm beginning to think that the conservative dogma for everyone is a way for those incapable of even envisioning better government, much less bringing it about, to get into politics.
I'm glad you use the word better government instead of bigger government, because I know of no one who is against better government, and you know what happens when the managing of something gets better don't you ? It operates more efficiently and productively, and you know what that means don't you ? It means a reduction in our tax burden which in turn means a reduction in government cost, and ultimately a reduction in the size of government as a final result of. The libs like to play the little government card on the conservatives, because they think that their own kind will eat it up like the sheep that they are, and that is ashame when one thinks about what has gone on in all of this to date. Who isn't for or wouldn't be for lessoning their burden of taxes paid in America, and this because the government is being managed better ? Where as in return it gets smaller in the process, and more stream lined also, but the main thing is for it to be more accurate in what is being done with our money. It's just like managing ones household budget, there are those who suck at it, and there are those who are great at it. Now who do you want to manage your budget ? Would it be a group that sucks at it or a group that is great at it ? When conservatives speak of smaller government, they mean due to the proper managing of government, and not due to trying to destroy people or leaving millions in trouble while doing so, as if the government is going to no longer exist in the way that it has been when it comes to helping the poor and needy because it will just like it always has, but mean while also getting the budget in order all at the same time.

More lib talking points that hopefully fall on deaf ears, but there are a lot of people that have become so dependent on current government and it's lies, that they will believe anything until the country implodes under the weight of it all.

This conservative wants to conserve the republic and the constitution upon which it is founded.
As far as I can see the liberals want to destroy the constitution and turn the republic into a democracy.

Which of those groups do the liberals and conservatives here fall into?

I don't believe that government has any say in issues like:

abortion
education
marriage
personal freedoms
individual rights
individual responsibility
charity
corporate charity
health care
state's rights

In short, if the power is not granted by the constitution then the federal government doesn't have it.

This conservative wants to conserve the republic and the constitution upon which it is founded.
As far as I can see the liberals want to destroy the constitution and turn the republic into a democracy.

abortion
education
marriage
personal freedoms
individual rights
charity
corporate charity
health care
state's rights

In short, if the power is not granted by the constitution then the federal government doesn't have it.
I may have read your tag line at the bottom maybe, and then responded to that. OOPS..

Last edited:

I'm glad you use the word better government instead of bigger government, because I know of no one who is against better government, and you know what happens when the managing of something gets better don't you ? It operates more efficiently and productively, and you know what that means don't you ? It means a reduction in our tax burden which in turn means a reduction in government cost, and ultimately a reduction in the size of government as a final result of. The libs like to play the little government card on the conservatives, because they think that their own kind will eat it up like the sheep that they are, and that is ashame when one thinks about what has gone on in all of this to date. Who isn't for or wouldn't be for lessoning their burden of taxes paid in America, and this because the government is being managed better ? Where as in return it gets smaller in the process, and more stream lined also, but the main thing is for it to be more accurate in what is being done with our money. It's just like managing ones household budget, there are those who suck at it, and there are those who are great at it. Now who do you want to manage your budget ? Would it be a group that sucks at it or a group that is great at it ? When conservatives speak of smaller government, they mean due to the proper managing of government, and not due to trying to destroy people or leaving millions in trouble while doing so, as if the government is going to no longer exist in the way that it has been when it comes to helping the poor and needy because it will just like it always has, but mean while also getting the budget in order all at the same time.

More lib talking points that hopefully fall on deaf ears, but there are a lot of people that have become so dependent on current government and it's lies, that they will believe anything until the country implodes under the weight of it all.

"It operates more efficiently and productively, and you know what that means don't you ?"

Remember when conservatives applied this silly logic to business and the Great Recession was born?

What happens under improved business or government is growth. Remember growth? Growth for everyone. Improvement for everyone. Better for everyone.

All of the great capitalists knew that. All of the great politicians and statesmen. It's what created America!

Innovation doesn't spring from cheap. It comes from investment. Optimism. Entrapraneurs.

Liberalism.

abortion
education
marriage
personal freedoms
individual rights
charity
corporate charity
health care
state's rights

You may be describing what you wish our Constitution said, but your opinion is not relevent to the contract that we have for government of, by, and for the people. Our contract says that the Supreme Court adjudicates what our government can or cannot do, not Grover Norquist or you.

"It operates more efficiently and productively, and you know what that means don't you ?"

Remember when conservatives applied this silly logic to business and the Great Recession was born?

What happens under improved business or government is growth. Remember growth? Growth for everyone. Improvement for everyone. Better for everyone.

All of the great capitalists knew that. All of the great politicians and statesmen. It's what created America!

Innovation doesn't spring from cheap. It comes from investment. Optimism. Entrapraneurs.

Liberalism.

Do you even listen to yourself when your write ? Applying more of better management, efficiency in which equals better productivity is just silly logic for businesses to engage in is what you are saying here ? And this ideology caused the great recession to be born by these things ?

The only way to improve business or government, and to get growth moving again, is by properly managing business and/or government as best we can, and not playing loose and careless with them until the walls come falling/crumbling down around us all.

The only way to get investment going again, is to stabilize the markets, and to manage government and the markets correctly, not by what we are seeing going on now in all of this.

Growth you say for every one, and improvement for every one, and better for every one eh ? Well you know what, every one doesn't always deserve these things in some collective sort of way of thinking, because there has to be an incentive involved always, in which makes people thrive to be better, and to want to be better in life by reaching for higher standards and better situations for their families and children, wherefore what we have now is a disincentive going on for many to do better, because it is made to easy for those whom want to ride the system, instead of them being contributors and fighters within the system in order to make it better. "It can be done" should have been the correct slogan, instead of this "yes we can" that was being thrown around in all of this that we have to date. :popcorn:

Liberalism.

Do you even listen to yourself when your write ? Applying more of better management, efficiency in which equals better productivity is just silly logic for businesses to engage in is what you are saying here ? And this ideology caused the great recession to be born by these things ?

The only way to improve business or government, and to get growth moving again, is by properly managing business and/or government as best we can, and not playing loose and careless with them until the walls come falling/crumbling down around us all.

The only way to get investment going again, is to stabilize the markets, and to manage government and the markets correctly, not by what we are seeing going on now in all of this.

Growth you say for every one, and improvement for every one, and better for every one eh ? Well you know what, every one doesn't always deserve these things in some collective sort of way of thinking, because there has to be an incentive involved always, in which makes people thrive to be better, and to want to be better in life by reaching for higher standards and better situations for their families and children, wherefore what we have now is a disincentive going on for many to do better, because it is made to easy for those whom want to ride the system, instead of them being contributors and fighters within the system in order to make it better. "It can be done" should have been the correct slogan, instead of this "yes we can" that was being thrown around in all of this that we have to date. :popcorn:

You're wrong. That's the mindset that got us where we are. I particularly find your attitude towards your fellow Americans disheartening. You think poor people are "riding the system" on their welfare checks...but monied people who are "riding the system" a hundred thousand times more are cool because....they have money? Fuck that.

If these "Captains of Industry" are so fucking great, they wouldn't be pussies and traitors to the country that ALLOWED them to become what they are. Stabilize the market, my ass....have you seen the Dow lately? The market is fine...it's Main street that the greedy bastards don't give a shit about. They just want free money at the taxpayer's expense.

Do me a favor....ya got $10 and a kindle? Get on Amazon and get yourself a copy of "Greedy Bastards" by Dylan Ratigan. It goes into great detail on how these "Captains of Industry" aren't Capitalists...but Corporate Communists and Extractionists. Trillions of dollars leave this country EVERY year and no one says a word about it...because it's a HELL of a lot easier to blame our woes on some crackhead with six kids to five different fathers than it is to take a real hard look at where our wealth is going.

Once upon a time we were a great nation who could do anything, but somehow we have slid downhill away from all that. So here we are when we were great in the world, and also when we knew what to do.. Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSBZLSpD8Q]Germany Today: Post-World War II Reconstruction, 1947 - YouTube[/ame]

Now Obama is treating us as if we were the Germans who had engaged in atrocities before he took office as our occupier and chief, and in which he seeks this fundamental change upon us all because of, so are we being treated as the Germans were treated back then by these new occupying forces in the white house, and this otherwise in the same way by Barack Obama with his transformational agenda now ? Didn't Barack go on an apology tour for America, the same America who had to teach the Germans how to become a new nation as depicted in the film ? What happened to this nation whom did all this good once upon a time in the world not so many years ago ?

Liberalism.

As near as I can tell, you agree with everything that I posted, but don't want to.

Liberalism.

You're wrong. That's the mindset that got us where we are. I particularly find your attitude towards your fellow Americans disheartening. You think poor people are "riding the system" on their welfare checks...but monied people who are "riding the system" a hundred thousand times more are cool because....they have money? Fuck that.

If these "Captains of Industry" are so fucking great, they wouldn't be pussies and traitors to the country that ALLOWED them to become what they are. Stabilize the market, my ass....have you seen the Dow lately? The market is fine...it's Main street that the greedy bastards don't give a shit about. They just want free money at the taxpayer's expense.

Do me a favor....ya got $10 and a kindle? Get on Amazon and get yourself a copy of "Greedy Bastards" by Dylan Ratigan. It goes into great detail on how these "Captains of Industry" aren't Capitalists...but Corporate Communists and Extractionists. Trillions of dollars leave this country EVERY year and no one says a word about it...because it's a HELL of a lot easier to blame our woes on some crackhead with six kids to five different fathers than it is to take a real hard look at where our wealth is going.
Ok, so what is your solution to it all then ?

Now first off (((no))) I am not down on poor people ever, but rather I am for all people having an incentive in place again in order to get out and try to do something beside become dependent as so many have in the not so distant past now. What we have now is a vacuum that has been created by it all, and what some are trying to replace our old system in which was run well within the past (40 years) and beyond that, and because it had become broken in the last 25 to 30 years now it appears, well it just may not necessarily be what we want to replace or fix the current problems with in which we have to date (imho).

As we have become weaker as a nation who has been taken advantage of by our own sadly enough, then along came these people whom want to take advantage in trying to change this nation quickly into what they want it to be now, and they want to do it quickly while they have the chance to do it, so this is part of the transformational change in which they are talking about, but what all is involved in this transformational change is still confusing to many ?

Liberalism.

As near as I can tell, you agree with everything that I posted, but don't want to.
Huh ?

Ok, so what is your solution to it all then ?

Now first off (((no))) I am not down on poor people ever, but rather I am for all people having an incentive in place again in order to get out and try to do something beside become dependent as so many have in the not so distant past now. What we have now is a vacuum that has been created by it all, and what some are trying to replace our old system in which was run well within the past (40 years) and beyond that, and because it had become broken in the last 25 to 30 years now it appears, well it just may not necessarily be what we want to replace or fix the current problems with in which we have to date (imho).

As we have become weaker as a nation who has been taken advantage of by our own sadly enough, then along came these people whom want to take advantage in trying to change this nation quickly into what they want it to be now, and they want to do it quickly while they have the chance to do it, so this is part of the transformational change in which they are talking about, but what all is involved in this transformational change is still confusing to many ?

What has happened over the last 30 to 50 years has been the fire sale of America. I have been around since Harry Truman was in the White House. I witnessed the fire sale.

Years ago, America was a series of local communities populated with small locally owned and operated businesses. Most were family businesses that were passed down from father to son. Need a loaf of bread...choose among a variety of bakeries...Want to cook a nice roast for Sunday dinner...the local butcher knew exactly what cut to sell you. Need new clothes, choose among a variety of clothing stores from custom tailors to casual wear. Have a leaky faucet...the local hardware store owner would not only sell you the parts, he'd walk you through installation.

And often, the local grocer knew you by name, where you lived and even what day you got paid. Why? Because he would have a kid that delivered groceries to your home and there was a relationship created with enough trust where you could run a tab at the store. Oh, hi Mary, need a gallon of milk. I'll put it on your tab, see you on Friday.

These businesses not only employed many in the community, they served as a source of talent where we found our civic leaders. Mayors, councilmen, councilwomen, and other public servants.

All that began to change when the big box stores started to move in. It began with large grocery chains. Some little deli, corner stores, butchers, and bakers were able to survive doing late evening and Sunday business (the large stores closed early and were closed on Sundays). And by offering real quality products and service.

Then the local five and dime stores were invaded by the K-Marts of the world, and eventually the death sentence to local businesses, the Walmart stores.

We live in a country with cheap products, but the price was MUCH higher than we ever knew. The price was America itself.

What has happened over the last 30 to 50 years has been the fire sale of America. I have been around since Harry Truman was in the White House. I witnessed the fire sale.

Years ago, America was a series of local communities populated with small locally owned and operated businesses. Most were family businesses that were passed down from father to son. Need a loaf of bread...choose among a variety of bakeries...Want to cook a nice roast for Sunday dinner...the local butcher knew exactly what cut to sell you. Need new clothes, choose among a variety of clothing stores from custom tailors to casual wear. Have a leaky faucet...the local hardware store owner would not only sell you the parts, he'd walk you through installation.

And often, the local grocer knew you by name, where you lived and even what day you got paid. Why? Because he would have a kid that delivered groceries to your home and there was a relationship created with enough trust where you could run a tab at the store. Oh, hi Mary, need a gallon of milk. I'll put it on your tab, see you on Friday.

These businesses not only employed many in the community, they served as a source of talent where we found our civic leaders. Mayors, councilmen, councilwomen, and other public servants.

All that began to change when the big box stores started to move in. It began with large grocery chains. Some little deli, corner stores, butchers, and bakers were able to survive doing late evening and Sunday business (the large stores closed early and were closed on Sundays). And by offering real quality products and service.

Then the local five and dime stores were invaded by the K-Marts of the world, and eventually the death sentence to local businesses, the Walmart stores.

We live in a country with cheap products, but the price was MUCH higher than we ever knew. The price was America itself.

Huh! There are some good thinkers on this forum. You are adding another whammy to America's loss of really all manufacturing jobs to poor countries: all the small stores went to large corporations, and they are getting nothing but huger and huger: I buy essentially everything but groceries from Amazon now, and just have it sent to the house.

This is actually close to the future envisioned by Edward Bellamy in 1885, his futuristic novel "Looking Backward," about the utopian year 2000, when people didn't have to waste time going to stores. They would just look up what they wanted and send for it.

However, you are right, of course, that it's a double whammy: all the manufacturing jobs are gone and all the small stores are gone, with so many of the clerk jobs gone with the much greater efficiency of an Amazon, or a Daedalus, or any Internet shop.

I am beginning to see that high unemployment really is systemic now because where ARE the jobs, you know? Could get to be a problem.

Creative destruction. Change, it's always with us. I'm not sure it does a lot of good to protest change.

Huh ?

People need an incentive to not be poor?????

Forum List

Back