What we may end up with is

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Something that is not unlike what is evolving in Australia.
The person in need of care will have to pay out of pocket and have to file for reimbursement from the government.
Many Doctors in Australia will no longer treat patients under government care programs due to low and slow payments.

How is that for a health care solution?

The end game is socialized gubmint medical services, plain and simple.

Nobody with even the most rudimentary understanding of economics can't see that forcing higher risks into the pool won't cause premiums to rise.

Subsequently, the Stalinist tyrants pushing the current "reform" will once again bash the insurance companies for "price gouging", and use the failure of their "reform" as evidence that Big Daddy Big Gubmint needs to take over the whole kit and kaboodle to make it all "fair".

Make book on it.

The person in need of care will have to pay out of pocket and have to file for reimbursement from the government.
Many Doctors in Australia will no longer treat patients under government care programs due to low and slow payments.

How it works - very roughly - is that I go to see my doctor and he gives me a bill. My doctor is in a private clinic and the business doesn't "bulk bill", that is, it charges the AMA rate and not the Medicare rate. I pay at the clinic and then I electronically claim on Medicare and the reimbursement goes into my bank account. If I have a Health Card and am on concessions then I don't pay anything. Some doctors will only charge the Medicare rate so people don't have to pay anything.

I don't know about doctors refusing to treat patients in the manner you assert.

Mr. Fitnah and Dude on the same side, blabbing but no evidence or facts. Dude is correct that the pool risk increases. What he is not willing to admit is that the risk has to be spread equally across the pool. Some rates will go up, not significantly, while others will drop radically. Fitnah offers nothing about Australia, and Dude yammers.

Well, they are not in charge, thank heavens, so all we have to do is listen to their whining. Life could be far worse than that.

Let's move on.

Nobody with even the most rudimentary understanding of economics can't see that forcing higher risks into the pool won't cause premiums to rise.

Subsequently, the Stalinist tyrants pushing the current "reform" will once again bash the insurance companies for "price gouging", and use the failure of their "reform" as evidence that Big Daddy Big Gubmint needs to take over the whole kit and kaboodle to make it all "fair".

Make book on it.

the government will NOT own the hospitals or pay the doctor's a salary. Doctors will not be government employees.

I do not see GOP leaders complaining about their government paid plans...which is what is really on teh table. Government paid plans.

:cuckoo:

This is just the first step in a journey to oblivion.

Disney-Chicken-Little-Friends.jpg

http://disney-clipart.com/Chicken-Little/Disney-Chicken-Little-Friends.jpg

How it works - very roughly - is that I go to see my doctor and he gives me a bill. My doctor is in a private clinic and the business doesn't "bulk bill", that is, it charges the AMA rate and not the Medicare rate. I pay at the clinic and then I electronically claim on Medicare and the reimbursement goes into my bank account. If I have a Health Card and am on concessions then I don't pay anything. Some doctors will only charge the Medicare rate so people don't have to pay anything.

I don't know about doctors refusing to treat patients in the manner you assert.
We can get to the things you dont know later lets deal wtih, if you dont have the scratch to pay the bill?

When will they come to your house and tattoo that government easy pay number on your ass? You know it's going to come along pretty soon.

After listening to President Obama's major speech every day this week, as much of the Congressional hearings as I could stand, and the talking heads on various news outlets, I am convinced:

1. Nobody has a clue what's in that bill

2. Everybody thinks it won't matter what is in the bill because its just for show to get something passed so the Congress can pretend that it authorizes them to do anything they damn well please.

3. They are going to keep preaching a few good sounding components that they say is in the bill to lull the public into complacency.

4. And they're banking on the public not remembering who to blame when it all hits the fan on down the road.

But I believe they have managed to buy, extort, blackmail, or bribe enough votes to just pass the legislation. The last I heard, Obama has agreed to include amnesty for illegals to get the last votes, but I have not been able to confirm that.

Bottom line, they will quickly move on to another issue to get everybody off this subject, and in their minds. . . .

lb0310cd20100309010945.jpg

Last edited:

Make book on it.

They're pushing low-risk in the pool, also. The theory is balance and overall better care, faster rather than waiting until one is very sick, moving the demand curve to the left.

Just sayin...

Do they not understand that some people either cannot or will not pay for government premiums nor health care ? What happens to people who can't or won't pay ? A fine ? :lol:

Make book on it.

They're pushing low-risk in the pool, also. The theory is balance and overall better care, faster rather than waiting until one is very sick, moving the demand curve to the left.

Just sayin...
You're a willing useful idiot.

Just sayin'.

Mr. Fitnah and Dude on the same side, blabbing but no evidence or facts. Dude is correct that the pool risk increases. What he is not willing to admit is that the risk has to be spread equally across the pool. Some rates will go up, not significantly, while others will drop radically. Fitnah offers nothing about Australia, and Dude yammers.

Well, they are not in charge, thank heavens, so all we have to do is listen to their whining. Life could be far worse than that.

Let's move on.
Yet another useful idiot.

When the fee/tax/fine is well below the costs for the insurance --and the Stalinist goombahs designing this scam damn well know it will be-- then all that will be in the real risk pool will be the highest risks.

The whole thing is designed to fail on purpose.

Forum List

Back