What was the best Medium Bomber in WWII

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
Here's a fun one. It's even more heated than the heavies. Remember, this class has the Mosquito, Mitchel and the HE177 in it. And don't forget the Japanese either.

Here's a fun one. It's even more heated than the heavies. Remember, this class has the Mosquito, Mitchel and the HE177 in it. And don't forget the Japanese either.
The Mosquito is generally considered a light bomber isn't it? Like the A-20 and A-26.

And I think the HE177 is considered a heavy bomber.

I would go with the B-25- for sheer versatility.

Used for bombing and raiding- the B-25 variant with the 75mm cannon was devestating against Japanese shipping.

I think for the Germans- you would have to think JU-88- versatile enough to be used as a night figher also.

• Banned
The Mosquito is generally considered a light bomber isn't it? Like the A-20 and A-26.

And I think the HE177 is considered a heavy bomber.

I would go with the B-25- for sheer versatility.

Used for bombing and raiding- the B-25 variant with the 75mm cannon was devestating against Japanese shipping.

The Mossie could be considered both a light and a medium depending on the model you are addressing.

• Banned
I think for the Germans- you would have to think JU-88- versatile enough to be used as a night figher also.

For the Luftwaffe, I would agree with you although the HE177 did a bang up job as well.

Forum List

Back