What Vitamins/Supplements Do You Take Everyday?

Every once in a blue moon I will drink an Ensure. Has all the vitamins and stuff a body needs but it is also 250 calories. Yikes.
I also drink Questran...for my innards but it also lowers cholesterol.

I used to be a district manager at GNC and would takes tons of vitamins and supplements. These days I just drink Muscle Milk protein powder (Banana Cream and Cookies and Cream) with glutamine powder in it. I also take probiotics, flaxseed oil pills, inositol pills, ginseng, and Vitamin B-12 pills.

So what do you guys take on a regular basis? Soon I'm going to start taking some more stuff like I used to.
Centrum Silver -- but not every day.

Maybe weekly. Anytime I have not eaten a lot of vegies.

I used to be a district manager at GNC and would takes tons of vitamins and supplements. These days I just drink Muscle Milk protein powder (Banana Cream and Cookies and Cream) with glutamine powder in it. I also take probiotics, flaxseed oil pills, inositol pills, ginseng, and Vitamin B-12 pills.

So what do you guys take on a regular basis? Soon I'm going to start taking some more stuff like I used to.
I'm just doing an Alpha Amino as a recovery drink and mix in some creatine. I use a Whey Protein as one replacement meal right now. I plan on adding a multi vitamin once a day starting in October.

What brand whey protein do you use?
I'm not sure. I think the current jar I have is AMP.

Personally I've found my favorite ones are Muscle Milk and BSN Syntha-6. Both taste great, but honestly Syntha-6 is full of Amino Acids and you could probably cut the extra ones you take out of your routine.
It may be the brands I had, but Muscle Milk actually has a bad taste to Me. I don't know what it is, but the taste and mouth feel kind of turn Me off. It's not horrible, but not the most pleasant. If it was just a neutral taste thing, I could just ignore it.

I am looking for something that will cut it down though. I'm on the go a lot and need to use these as a meal replacement. Right now, I"m trying five small meals of 350 calories. I'll have to boost that when I start getting leaner, but for now I think that's the right way to go.

The problem with Centrum is that it is a synthetic vitamin so your body doesn't digest it correctly and you don't get the full dose of vitamins out of it.

I do know that because of where I live, I'm supposed to be taking something like 3,000 IU of Vitamin D3. I've been lax about it so the doc is probably going to give Me a hard time about it.

The problem with Centrum is that it is a synthetic vitamin so your body doesn't digest it correctly and you don't get the full dose of vitamins out of it.
Well I can't eat oranges out the wazoo so no choice.

It's always better to get your nutrients from the actual food itself. Once the nutrients are extracted from the FOOD, it begins losing it's nutritional value. After months of sitting on a store shelf, it has but a fraction of it's original nutrients.

Oh lord...
No, I'm just an informed person who know nutrition and studied it extensively. But thanks for the compliment.

You studied it extensively? Really have you? Then you know that most people don't eat a balanced diet to get all the nutrients they need. You'd also know that most legit companies have their supplements tested to make sure they match the potency on the bottle and that the expiration dates on them are correct. GNC uses a company called NSF:

"NSF International (www.nsf.org), a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, is the leading global provider of public health and safety risk management solutions in the areas of food, water, indoor air and the environment. NSF provides product certification and safety audits for the food and water industries. Other services include management systems registrations delivered through NSF International Strategic Registrations, Ltd. and education through the NSF Center for Public Health Education. Founded in 1944, NSF is headquartered in Ann Arbor MI, and serves companies in 80 countries."

GNC - Product Testing and Certification - NSF International
If you cut an orange in half, by the end of the day the vitamin C content will be a tiny fraction of what it was before you cut it in half. When you buy a carton of orange juice, if there is any vitamin C left, it's because it was added (chemically). You are clueless about nutrition. Talk to a doctor.

Well I can't eat oranges out the wazoo so no choice.

No, but you can buy natural multi-vitamins instead.

It's always better to get your nutrients from the actual food itself. Once the nutrients are extracted from the FOOD, it begins losing it's nutritional value. After months of sitting on a store shelf, it has but a fraction of it's original nutrients.

Oh lord...
No, I'm just an informed person who know nutrition and studied it extensively. But thanks for the compliment.

You studied it extensively? Really have you? Then you know that most people don't eat a balanced diet to get all the nutrients they need. You'd also know that most legit companies have their supplements tested to make sure they match the potency on the bottle and that the expiration dates on them are correct. GNC uses a company called NSF:

"NSF International (www.nsf.org), a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, is the leading global provider of public health and safety risk management solutions in the areas of food, water, indoor air and the environment. NSF provides product certification and safety audits for the food and water industries. Other services include management systems registrations delivered through NSF International Strategic Registrations, Ltd. and education through the NSF Center for Public Health Education. Founded in 1944, NSF is headquartered in Ann Arbor MI, and serves companies in 80 countries."

If you cut an orange in half, by the end of the day the vitamin C content will be a tiny fraction of what it was before you cut it in half. When you buy a carton of orange juice, if there is any vitamin C left, it's because it was added (chemically). You are clueless about nutrition. Talk to a doctor.

We aren't talking about oranges or orange juice in this thread... non sequitur.

I'm just doing an Alpha Amino as a recovery drink and mix in some creatine. I use a Whey Protein as one replacement meal right now. I plan on adding a multi vitamin once a day starting in October.
Supplements are fine but why spend money on whey protein drinks when you can get just as much whey protein form a cup of cottage cheese? And it's fresher.
Because cottage cheese spoils in a hot car and doesn't drink too well out of a shake cup.
A protein drink will spoil in a hot car too. I usually eat it before I leave, only takes a minute or two.

Supplements are fine but why spend money on whey protein drinks when you can get just as much whey protein form a cup of cottage cheese? And it's fresher.
Because cottage cheese spoils in a hot car and doesn't drink too well out of a shake cup.
A protein drink will spoil in a hot car too. I usually eat it before I leave, only takes a minute or two.
It won't because I use water, not milk to mix it. Why does it matter? It provides Me what I need in a busy life. I've done the research and know what My nutritional needs are and what they will need to be going forward.

Oh lord...

It's an example, idiot. The same applies to anything that's been taken from it's natural state. Once you do that, the nutrients start to die off. Read the labels, they will tell you the supplement is not meant to "replace" meals. There's a reason for that.

I do know that because of where I live, I'm supposed to be taking something like 3,000 IU of Vitamin D3. I've been lax about it so the doc is probably going to give Me a hard time about it.

Not enough sunlight?
That and the fact that I sleep days and work nights.

yeah that sucks. I worked 3rd shift at the prison for 5 years. 10pm to 6am. I would usually come home and go golfing in the morning and stay up until like noon then sleep until time to go to work. But when I couldn't golf, I would come home and sleep until like noon, then do stuff until about 6, and then take a nap until about 8:30. Part of the time I worked 3rd shift though I volunteered at a bingo hall that supported a home for disabled "kids." So two nights a week I had to work at the bingo hall from 5 until about 8:30 when I would get ready and go to work.

Do you take melatonin to help you sleep?

Oh lord...

It's an example, idiot. The same applies to anything that's been taken from it's natural state. Once you do that, the nutrients start to die off. Read the labels, they will tell you the supplement is not meant to "replace" meals. There's a reason for that.

An orange and a vitamin or supplement do not degrade the same. Your argument isn't even in the same ball park.

Oh lord...

I don't think anyone is claiming that. The conventional wisdom is three meals a day with a snack between lunch and dinner and maybe some fruit before bed. I have problems with this because of the way the blood sugar gets spiked by having a large breakfast, then a moderate lunch followed by a gorging dinner. Many studies show that smaller meals, consisting of fibrous carbs and moderate protein help steady the blood sugar fluctuations. So I eat four moderate meals spaced over 3 to 4-hour intervals and replace one of those with a protein enhancement shake and count that as a meal for calories more than any other reason. My recovery drink, on those days that I lift, also count as one meal so that I can continue to control the calorie intake. As My base metabolism increases with more muscle mass, I'll increase the size of each meal by 50 to 100 calories so that I can maintain the blood sugar levels and still provide My body with the fuel it needs to create more muscle.

An orange and a vitamin or supplement do not degrade the same. Your argument isn't even in the same ball park.
Better do some research. On second thought, don't. Ignorance is bliss.

Forum List

Back