• other foreign languages

• physics

• other sciences

• math

• sports

• history

• still others …

Results are only viewable after voting.
My grade school actually gave out a letter grade for Handwriting.

The actual purpose was so that boys would always have a bad grade on their report cards. The Nuns hated boys, and couldn't stand to have a boy with the highest grades in the class. Every adult who ever looked at my grade school report cards immediately said, "What about this 'D' in handwriting?" ignoring all the other A's and B's.

And that was the point. I'm still pissed off about it at 74 years old.

My grade school actually gave out a letter grade for Handwriting.

The actual purpose was so that boys would always have a bad grade on their report cards. The Nuns hated boys, and couldn't stand to have a boy with the highest grades in the class. Every adult who ever looked at my grade school report cards immediately said, "What about this 'D' in handwriting?" ignoring all the other A's and B's.

And that was the point. I'm still pissed off about it at 74 years old.
I have heard many Catholics say that the nuns were "the bitches from hell". Scary. :omg:

Just the opposite for me. I hated algebra, and didn't get it until I took Calculus. The hand graphing all those equations was tedious in my day, but it was invaluable in allowing me to look at an equation and guess its graph and shape at a glance. One of the reasons some schools are returning to cursive handwriting is because it helps retention of words and language skills.
Nonsense.

I have heard many Catholics say that the nuns were "the bitches from hell". Scary. :omg:
They were. My wife still has a scar.

I loathed pretty much everything about school from about third grade. Subjects I liked (math, science, history) were invariably made miserable by teachers, fellow students, or both.

Forum List

Back