What song brings back good or bad memories for you?

Very good. Sitting on the sand at Pismo Beach Cali, smoking a joint and just watching the surf at dusk.

Good. Cruisin', free, not a care in the world while friends in the car banging on a tamborine.

VERY good. Working at a small cafe, man walks in wearing a red flannel shirt. Instant love but it was not meant to be.:(

Bad. Navy man (boy) off to wherever. Said he needed something to remember me by. So I gave it to him. Shoulda said NO then, too, cuz all Navy men (boys) and other military guys say the same thing to innocent untouched girls. :p:auiqs.jpg:

Bad. Ex proposed while this song was playing, I said yes, he turned out to be an asshole.

There ARE many assholes out there, unfortunately. I CAN be an asshole, at times, ass (sic) well.;) Thank you for this thought-provoking thread, Gracie. I WILL be responding with my own choice of songs after I have some breakfast and coffee.

"Crocodile Rock", by Elton John. It's probably the first song by Sir Elton I can remember taking notice of at age 11 or so. From that point on I was a HUGE Elton fan, until the late 1970's, when he seemed to run out of good ideas and good music.

"Up Around The Bend", by CCR. Possibly my SECOND favorite song by the group. I first heard it when my dad brought home the CCR album, Cosmo's Factory. I was instantly smitten by the sound and joy in the music.

"Hound Dog", by Elvis Presley. This is the first song I remember hearing by The King, in 1970, at age 9, thanks to my mom's 45 single of the song. This started a love affair for me with Elvis's music, and which continues even to this day.

Forum List

Back