What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We often get bogged down and navel gaze over what extent racism affects groups or doesn't, but what actual solutions do people have? People on the right love citing King with "content/character over color" but don't tell us how to get there. Meritocracy is only a platitude if it isn't enforced. It's like hoping and wishing that people won't commit homicide against one another. Without homicide laws and measures, it's a pipe dream.
No new ones are needed.

No. That's actually not what racism is. 😄
Awesome. Then lets do what the person suggested that I responded to and give blacks 100% tax on all their houses to pay to whites. If someone proposed this what word would be used to describe the action? Yep...racist.

Edit:
Example. Here is his sentence.

"We could put a 100% federal tax on every home purchase by a non-black and give the money to a black person"

Let's change it to

"We could put a 100% federal tax on every home purchase by a non-white and give the money to a white person".

No that wouldn't be called out as racist would it :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
So you are okay with treating people differently based on their skin color. Guess what that is called? RACISM! Until you view yourself honestly this stuff will not stop.
See, you can't answer the question because you have no argument against it lol. If it's ok to give special treatment based on Nationality or sex, I have no problem with smart policies that give races preference. The world is not black and white.

For the record, you live in segregated white community, segregated white school, and you give preferential treatment to certain races when swiping on TInder. The white man cries out in pain as he gasses you , I suppose(that is to say that you are a hypocrite).

What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?​

As usual, "policies" will only embed, engender and re-enforce precisely what is sought to avoid.
Education and literature are the only genuine, quality methods of eliciting the best from folks in matters of societal living.
How so.

Awesome. Then lets do what the person suggested that I responded to and give blacks 100% tax on all their houses to pay for whites. If someone proposed this what word would be used to describe the action? Yep...racist.
You simply have no real idea what racism is. It isn't simply treating people differently, or even treating people differently by race. It's treating people adversely because of their race.

You simply have no real idea what racism is. It isn't simply treating people differently, or even treating people differently by race. It's treating people adversely because of their race.
You are just wrong. Both would be considered racist. However, then you tell me what it would be called if a white person did the same thing?

What does this mean in practical terms.
Wherever this is applied, women start having fewer children and raise those they have much better. Nothing more practical than that.
Young minds exposed to elegant thought and art always produce abundantly for their culture.
Superficial prejudices are swept away with the transmission of empathetic metaphors.
Independent thought is enabled.
Everyone gains.

See, you can't answer the question because you have no argument against it lol. If it's ok to give special treatment based on Nationality or sex, I have no problem with smart policies that give races preference. The world is not black and white.

For the record, you live in segregated white community, segregated white school, and you give preferential treatment to certain races when swiping on TInder. The white man cries out in pain as he gasses you , I suppose(that is to say that you are a hypocrite).
Thanks for your admission of being racist. You should not be assuming my skin color and where I live ;).

Says the guy who thinks government policies will fix racism. Talk about a useful idiot. You are not fit to be Thomas Sowells's fro.
Well what kind of racism are you talking about? Structural racism that see disparities in wealth and opportunity between whites and minorities or individual racist beliefs? The former can be addressed with policy but the latter would require a concerted effort to repudiate racist beliefs and dogmas in our society. Removing Confederate statues can be government policy but cultural activism, like the country music festival that just passed and told people not to bring their Confederate flags to their event reinforces the belief that the Confederacy, it's culture and what it fought for was deplorable. That social shame and stigma will eventually push that culture of racists towards social extinction.

Wherever this is applied, women start having fewer children and raise those they have much better. Nothing more practical than that.
Young minds exposed to elegant thought and art always produce abundantly for their culture.
Superficial prejudices are swept away with the transmission of empathetic metaphors.
Independent thought is enabled.
Everyone gains.
Can you demonstrate 1:1 relationship between free thought and racism getting less for minorities? Free thought gave us the holocaust, and "everyone" certainly didn't benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back