What philosophers resonate with you?

While I've read some interesting ideas from many philosophers, no one has destroyed the foundations of my world view like Julius Evola did. Until I read Revolt Against the Modern World I looked at the world through Enlightenment eyes. While I never became a follower of Traditionalism, I now realize that the Enlightenment and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

We all know the famous philosophers

Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Kant, Aquinas, Hume, Nietzsche etc

But are there any others that have changed the way you think?

In the moment I think for example about that Karl Marx had been wrong with his concept "materialism" which he had produced by modifying the concept "world spirit" from his teacher Hegel. I fear Karl Marx is indeed totally wrong with this concept. "Materialism" explains nothing in a better way what the idealistic concept "world spirit" is not able to explain in a better way.

Example: When a time machine will exist I could drive a 1000 years into the past and do something so you never will be born because something what you are now existed also in this time of history and leads in a very concrete cause-effect-river to you and your life now. Sure this flow can be called "materialistic" but this makes not a big sense. Today for example exists something what will lead to the existence of Joseph van Miller - a great man of history how everyone will know one day - who will be born in 92 years. But where is this man now? What to do that he will be born? What not to do that he will be born? To try to live "in harmony with the world" might help - but what to do "materialistically"? With which hammer to knock on which screw?

Last edited:
While I've read some interesting ideas from many philosophers, no one has destroyed the foundations of my world view like Julius Evola did. Until I read Revolt Against the Modern World I looked at the world through Enlightenment eyes. While I never became a follower of Traditionalism, I now realize that the Enlightenment and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
It is known as a cult book in the extreme right circles.
495px-Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg

According to Evola, women are natural and men are supernatural. The male is self-subsistent while the female is dependent. In Evola's worldview, the role of the female is to be a mother and a lover, while the male's sole role is in war.
Self-subsistence implies no need for a mother, just to mention one obvious self-contradiction.

Last edited:
In the moment I think for example about that Karl Marx had been wrong with his concept "materialism" which he had produced by modifying the concept "world spirit" from his teacher Hegel. I fear Karl Marx is indeed totally wrong with this concept. "Materialism" explains nothing in a better way what the idealistic concept "world spirit" is not able to explain in a better way.

Example: When a time machine will exist I could drive a 1000 years into the past and do something so you never will be born because something what you are now existed also in this time of history and leads in a very concrete cause-effect-river to you and your life now. Sure this flow can be called "materialistic" but this makes not a big sense. Today for example exists something what will lead to the existence of Joseph van Miller - a great man of history how everyone will know one day - who will be born in 92 years. But where is this man now? What to do that he will be born? What not to do that he will be born? To try to live "in harmony with the world" might help - but what to do "materialistically"? With which hammer to knock on which screw?

The time travel thing always fails though.

All those time travel paradoxes

for example. If my wife was killed and that prompted me to invent a time machine to go back and save her I never could because if she never died I would never have been motivated to invent the time machine in the first place.

Why do I get the feeling that you've never read Evola?
Of course not. To me philosophy is a domain for narcissistic dweebs. Nonetheless, one can reliably get the gist from Wikipedia.
a cult book in the extreme right circles.
Nothing personal, mind you.

We all know the famous philosophers

Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Kant, Aquinas, Hume, Nietzsche etc

But are there any others that have changed the way you think?

Alan Watts is a philosopher that has changed my perspective. He had a unique way of translating the Eastern philosophies for the contemporary Western mind.

A little sample

George Carlin
Frank Zappa
Elon Musk
Don Juan Matus
Roy Batty

Of course not. To me philosophy is a domain for narcissistic dweebs. Nonetheless, one can reliably get the gist from Wikipedia.
If you want to outsource your thinking then go for it.
Nothing personal, mind you.
I'm far right so calling him far right is no slur. What is a slur is sullying the name of far right by calling people like Trump and MTG far right.

The time travel thing always fails though.

I do not really speak about time travel. This thoughts are only an instrument. I speak about a structure of the universe in time. Practically this is something like a left-right direction of time. Imagine beside you live your right and left identity. Both are not real - you are real. But in this possible rooms of time exist indeed invisible realities. Back in time up to the big bang always something in all this time was able to destroy your existence which you are now. So somehting always had existed was what was "you" since the universe existed. Good boy: "I" make you only older (but it's not really "I" who makes you older - it is what it is and ever was). You are as old as the universe in this view to the world.

All those time travel paradoxes

Again: I did not speak about time travel paradoxes. I do not even think that time travel is possible at all, because no one and nothing within our universe is able to create or to destroy energy. I speak only about the nature of time. We know nearly nothing about time. "Panta rhei" - that's it. And it can be streched by gravitation and/or ¿acceleration? (¿time bows time?). Do we know more? It's one of the most mysterious phenomenons - if not the most mysterious phenomenon at all. The ride on the razer blade "presence" is the only what's real for us. But how long? When will it end?

for example. If my wife was killed and that prompted me to invent a time machine to go back and save her I never could because if she never died I would never have been motivated to invent the time machine in the first place.

Last edited:

I did not read this now because nearly nothing is less interesting for me than are Nazis, although they murdered the biggest parts of my own families once. But let me say: The Nazis had nothing to do with philosophy. As far as I know their only discussion in this context had been whether Nietzsche had been their only philosopher (because of his atheism). But also Nietzsche they did not really understand. The Nazis used Darwinian explanatory models - but also this knowledge of them had been only scrap. The Nazis used indeed everything - but never in an original way - for their idiotic nonsense. For example never had been any German an Aryan in history. I think this bullshit came from the English speaking world because only in your language sounds Aryan and Arian nearly the same. Many Germanic tribes who overtook the Christian religion had been Arians once - see for example the hi-story of king Theoderic. But the Nazis needed this bullshit to make other explanatory models out of it. The worst leaded to the holocauts because Jews also not had been Aryans (indeed like all other Germans) and so the Nazis had been able to discriminate Jews and Aryans - with other words: They had been able to seperate the German Jews from all other Germans by a racism with marker. But nothing what they thought and said at all had anything to do with truth and reality. They only created out of their nightmares an horror reality which never made any sense.

PS: This has nothing to do with the Confederates! This brave people fought for their countries and had every right to do so.

Last edited:
I did not read this now because nearly nothing is less interesting for me than are Nazis, although they murdered the biggest parts of my own families once. But let me say: The Nazis had nothing to do with philosophy. As far as I know their only discussion in this context had been whether Nietzsche had been their only philosopher (because of his atheism). But also Nietzsche they did not really understand. The Nazis used Darwinian explanatory models - but also this knowledge of them had been only scrap. The Nazis used indeed everything - but never in an original way - for their idiotic nonsense. For example never had been any German an Aryan in history. I think this bullshit came from the English speaking world because only in your language sounds Aryan and Arian nearly the same. Many Germanic tribes who overtook the Christian religion had been Arians once - see for example the hi-story of king Theoderic. But the Nazis needed this bullshit to make other explanatory models out of it. The worst leaded to the holocauts because Jews also not had been Aryans (indeed like all other Germans) and so the Nazis had been able to discriminate Jews and Aryans - with other words: They had been able to seperate the German Jews from all other Germans by a racism with marker. But nothing what they thought and said at all had anything to do with truth and reality. They only created out of their nightmares an horror reality which never made any sense.
What a bunch of uninformed crap. The word Aryan has nothing to do with Arius or the Arian heresy. It comes from the Sanskrit word arya- which means compatriot and later came to mean noble. It most likely came into use in Germany from Theosophy, or rather its Germanized form, Ariosophy. The rest of your screed is similarly misinformed.

I think the chronic lack of a sense of humor is the worst sickness inflicting the entire global population
It's certainly not just us, the whole world is afflicted with this morose narcissism. I think there is so much fear this may be an escape mechanism.

Forum List

Back