What philosophers resonate with you?

What a bunch of uninformed crap.

Okay - you are one of the people who press a red button where's written on "do not press the red button". What do you expect now? A blue bean shower?

The word Aryan has nothing to do with Arius or the Arian heresy. It comes from the Sanskrit word arya- which means compatriot and later came to mean noble. It most likely came into use in Germany from Theosophy, or rather its Germanized form, Ariosophy. The rest of your screed is similarly misinformed.

Aryans are mystic people. Perhaps they had really existed. If they had existed then they are ancestors of people who lived in Persia. With Germans have Aryans absolutely nothing to do. The expression"Aryan" (German "Arier") makes not any sense in the German abd Germanic history and was always totally strange. In Greek word "Ares" is perhaps a little similar in the German culture - the Greek god of war and carnage. An "Arier" could also be a fan of this god.

Last edited:
All great reads guys

~S~
Was influenced by Yogi Berra for several years until it dawned on me that Boo Boo was at a much deeper spiritual level .

BTW, I am sure I also gave Pythagoras a shout .
The Greek's interest in the extra significances of numbers always struck me as intriguing .
These were very clever and deep thinking guys who attached magical attributes to them .
Must look further . But never have .
Nikola Tesla also .He repeatedly emphasised the importance of the numbers 3 , 6 and 9 and arguably he was the greatest thinker of all . Far ahead of Einstein and even polymath Leonardo , imho --- who also practised "magic" as did Isaac Newton .

Last edited:
All great reads guys

~S~

No! Karl Marx I was not my favorite - I said his teacher Hegel was "right" while Marx was "wrong". And I thought in this context also about Friedrich Schelling - but I did not (and still do not) know why. This has perhaps something to do with intuition.

I think Noam Chomsky is brilliant. I have read his works and listened to him. He has changed the way I think about politics, history and the cognitive sciences.

Slavoj Zizek I have read a lot of. Zizek will bend your head around and you will see the world completely differently. After reading Zizek it felt like the Matrix, blinds were pulled off my eyes and I could see the world very differently. I learned how much I see the world through a lens of ideology and how to unlearn that behavior.
Bernard Lonergan
Samuel Gregg
Justin Buckley Dyer
Edith Stein

We all know the famous philosophers

Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Kant, Aquinas, Hume, Nietzsche etc

But are there any others that have changed the way you think?

Alan Watts is a philosopher that has changed my perspective. He had a unique way of translating the Eastern philosophies for the contemporary Western mind.

A little sample

Ayn Rand.

Many philosophers argued but Karl Popper finished it!

Others I like to read; Thomas S Kuhn for understanding SCIENTISTS, and a few of the classics: Kant, Rosseau and not many others. G K Chesterton is one of my fav reads though I don't know that he was solely a philosopher; more of a theology-reason type of chap. I read a lot of the Chinese classics (translations only) for my studies. Not a fan though very interesting.

Greg

Forum List

Back