what most Americans, experts and novices alike, don't know about the Vietnam War

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Inside Vietnam, a deeply resented 1 percent Chinese minority historically controlled 80 percent of the country's commercial wealth. a hugely disproportionate number of Vietnam's capitalists were ethnic Chinese, despised by the Vietnamese, both northern and Southern.

because we missed the ethnic side of the conflict, we failed to see that virtually every procapitalist step we took in Vietnam was guaranteed to inflame popular resentment. if we wanted to turn the Vietnamese against us, we couldn't have come up with a better formula

Vietnam was all about running US weapons factories to arm Israel for the 67 war, a war LBJ was "expecting" Israel to start so that LBJ could go on tv and tell us Israel was attacked and defending itself. That is the reason why our troops in 'nam were over there with outdated weapons that jammed and failed. The new weapons purchased by the American taxpayer were shipped over to Israel free of charge.

That was the main motive for the Mossad assassination of JFK.

My bother was on the USS Ticonderoga (CV 14) in 1964. Needless to say, he and his crewmates never heard a dammed thing vis a vis "the gulf of Tonkin incident". What north Vietnamese PT boat attack? The one nobody actually saw? Apparently it was either exagerated or made up. The cause of our involvement in the Vietnam war and 52K American dead. So here we are, with the corona19 virus a lockdown destroying the economy and it reminds me of the Gulf of Tonkin incident, the government tells US it's real so here we are...

My bother was on the USS Ticonderoga (CV 14) in 1964. Needless to say, he and his crewmates never heard a dammed thing vis a vis "the gulf of Tonkin incident". What north Vietnamese PT boat attack? The one nobody actually saw? Apparently it was either exagerated or made up. The cause of our involvement in the Vietnam war and 52K American dead. So here we are, with the corona19 virus a lockdown destroying the economy and it reminds me of the Gulf of Tonkin incident, the government tells US it's real so here we are...

Far too many friends and relatives died from COVID-19 for it to be exaggerated or made up. Nice try, but that statement makes you a conspiracy fruitcake!

• Banned
one of the reasons we couldn't tell the difference between the Chinese and the Vietnamese is that they were all "Gooks" to us

New Topics

Forum List

Back