What Makes Good Stupid Comedy?

Dumb and Dumber, Napoleon Dynamite, The Mask, Austin Powers, none did I find funny.

Happy Gilmore, Airplane, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, Blazing Saddles, Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's, Some Like It Hot, Blues Brothers, School of Rock, Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Life of Brian, Office Space, Pink Panther Movies are pretty funny to me and I can watch them over and over and find them funny.

Those are good too.
But why are others unwatchable?
I can't figure out what is funny or not, it is all personal preference.

Pinky and the Brian is a very funny cartoon. The original Batman series was also very funny but you had to watch closely to get the humor they would slide in.

Dumb and Dumber, Napoleon Dynamite, The Mask, Austin Powers, none did I find funny.

Happy Gilmore, Airplane, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, Blazing Saddles, Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's, Some Like It Hot, Blues Brothers, School of Rock, Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Life of Brian, Office Space, Pink Panther Movies are pretty funny to me and I can watch them over and over and find them funny.
Kato, you little yellow friend!

But it doesn’t answer the question of WHY it’s good.
Don't know but you figure it out let someone in Hollywood know post haste. Been a long time since anything came out that could really make me laugh. Comedy is becoming a lost art. Maybe they figure it out again they would start putting something on tv other than reality crap.

Yet all the same genre yet a chasm between them. Why?

While comedy itself is fairly simple - absurdity with a link to truth, it seems stupid comedy is actually very difficult. Extremely subtle nuances can make it great or awful.

Forum List

Back