What makes a young American woman consider immigrating to Israel?

rylah

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
She is only 22 years old and has no family in Israel, but India Preswood is sure she has found the right place for her. Anyone who "got stuck" in Israel because of the corona closure, fell in love with the country and publishes a series of videos with the aim of becoming the country's "cultural ambassador". A look at the deliberations of a person who is thinking of changing her life

A butterflyโ€™s wingspan may cause changes in the atmosphere that will eventually lead to a tornado. At the same weight, one bat infected in China may cause a 22-year-old girl to tie her fate to the State of Israel. The American Jew, India Preswood, who came here as part of the "Journey" program, is currently at a crossroads: her flight back to the United States has been canceled, and she spends the time "forced" on her in Israel to create network videos aimed at showing the country and its beauty to the whole world. .

ida.jpg

"I grew up in a family with a Jewish mother and tradition has always been important to us, but because we moved a lot within the United States following the career of my father, who was a military man, we did not actively connect with the local Jewish community," Preswood says. I felt for the first time the importance of the community in the Jewish world. From there, the road to participating in the Journey program was short. I arrived in the country before the Corona crisis and managed to do an internship at the international channel i24 News. There was a break during the Corona period and now I am finishing my internship. "

Preswood has no family in the country, but she says she is not afraid. "I was able to quickly build a network of contacts and I know I have a 'Ms.' if I stay here. I am in love with this country. I feel this is the place for me and want to contribute of myself to a project called Israel. I know I belong here, and even if I do not get a job offer at the end of the internship "It will not stop me from staying. I will continue to work on the videos on my YouTube channel India International and I will be a cultural ambassador for Israel."

Your heart says one thing, but does not your head say another?

"It's very important to listen to my inner self. Maybe the mind is trying to think of pros and cons, and technical issues like money, work and mental coping with a different culture, language and country - but inside I know the answer and this is where I want to be all my life. Hard to digest "Check it out in one minute and make a final decision. It's a process."

"It's a special experience to be a lone tourist here"
The security situation does not bother her either: "Anything can happen. If I live in fear I will not be able to make a decision to immigrate. I have seen many cases of successful immigrants and I have friends here who live happily, so I think it is possible."

How did you go through the closure in Israel?

"As for the corona, one of the good things that came out of it is that I stayed here longer, because the flights were canceled. Now that domestic tourism opens it's fun and I can tour the country like a tourist, but without overcrowding, because there are no outside tourists. That's how interesting it is. "

Are you imagining your life here?

"I can only imagine that if I lived here I would be closer to fulfilling the purpose of my life."

Because of the corona, more are staying in Israel
Along with Preswood, about 150 engineers, software developers, marketing and teaching staff from abroad are expected to remain in Israel and have recently completed the "Journey" program. This is about 70% of the program's participants, a significant increase compared to similar data in previous years.

As part of the program, thousands of young Jews from 60 countries around the world come to Israel every year in order to study, teach and specialize in various programs led by Masa, a foundation of the Jewish Agency and the Israeli government. The young people come to Israel for a significant period of two months to ten months, during which they specialize in different societies and experience life in Israel.

Acting Director General of Masa, Ofer Gutman, said that "precisely during the period of global closure, many young Jews from the Diaspora find Israel the natural home for them. The story of the success of Israeli high-tech, along with the relatively successful struggle of the State of Israel against the corona virus, caused those young people from America and Europe to stay in Israel and develop here. "

ida1.jpg

(Comment)

What a cool story,
but I found there's much more to it...

With a good grain of Israeli chutzpah of course,
"no You should stay we already all agreed on this." ;)

Last edited:
She is only 22 years old and has no family in Israel, but India Preswood is sure she has found the right place for her. Anyone who "got stuck" in Israel because of the corona closure, fell in love with the country and publishes a series of videos with the aim of becoming the country's "cultural ambassador". A look at the deliberations of a person who is thinking of changing her life

A butterflyโ€™s wingspan may cause changes in the atmosphere that will eventually lead to a tornado. At the same weight, one bat infected in China may cause a 22-year-old girl to tie her fate to the State of Israel. The American Jew, India Preswood, who came here as part of the "Journey" program, is currently at a crossroads: her flight back to the United States has been canceled, and she spends the time "forced" on her in Israel to create network videos aimed at showing the country and its beauty to the whole world. .

ida.jpg

"I grew up in a family with a Jewish mother and tradition has always been important to us, but because we moved a lot within the United States following the career of my father, who was a military man, we did not actively connect with the local Jewish community," Preswood says. I felt for the first time the importance of the community in the Jewish world. From there, the road to participating in the Journey program was short. I arrived in the country before the Corona crisis and managed to do an internship at the international channel i24 News. There was a break during the Corona period and now I am finishing my internship. "

Preswood has no family in the country, but she says she is not afraid. "I was able to quickly build a network of contacts and I know I have a 'Ms.' if I stay here. I am in love with this country. I feel this is the place for me and want to contribute of myself to a project called Israel. I know I belong here, and even if I do not get a job offer at the end of the internship "It will not stop me from staying. I will continue to work on the videos on my YouTube channel India International and I will be a cultural ambassador for Israel."

"It's very important to listen to my inner self. Maybe the mind is trying to think of pros and cons, and technical issues like money, work and mental coping with a different culture, language and country - but inside I know the answer and this is where I want to be all my life. Hard to digest "Check it out in one minute and make a final decision. It's a process."

The security situation does not bother her either: "Anything can happen. If I live in fear I will not be able to make a decision to immigrate. I have seen many cases of successful immigrants and I have friends here who live happily, so I think it is possible."

"As for the corona, one of the good things that came out of it is that I stayed here longer, because the flights were canceled. Now that domestic tourism opens it's fun and I can tour the country like a tourist, but without overcrowding, because there are no outside tourists. That's how interesting it is. "

"I can only imagine that if I lived here I would be closer to fulfilling the purpose of my life."

Along with Preswood, about 150 engineers, software developers, marketing and teaching staff from abroad are expected to remain in Israel and have recently completed the "Journey" program. This is about 70% of the program's participants, a significant increase compared to similar data in previous years.

As part of the program, thousands of young Jews from 60 countries around the world come to Israel every year in order to study, teach and specialize in various programs led by Masa, a foundation of the Jewish Agency and the Israeli government. The young people come to Israel for a significant period of two months to ten months, during which they specialize in different societies and experience life in Israel.

Acting Director General of Masa, Ofer Gutman, said that "precisely during the period of global closure, many young Jews from the Diaspora find Israel the natural home for them. The story of the success of Israeli high-tech, along with the relatively successful struggle of the State of Israel against the corona virus, caused those young people from America and Europe to stay in Israel and develop here. "

ida1.jpg

(Comment)

What a cool story,

I'll apologize in advance for ruining the emotion here, but I saw the title

What makes a young American woman consider immigrating to Israel?

and the 1st thing that popped into my mind was --- "she always wanted to ride a camel in those sexy IDF uniforms and shoot an UZI"....

I'll come back later for an actual comment... LOL..,..

I wonder how a person say from the US can be recognized as a Jew. In the case with emigrants from the Soviet Union it was more or less clear - the Soviet passports had a nationality of the person being written there, and the birth certificates had nationalities of the parents. The US dont have this as far as I am aware, as well as European countries.

I think that she is making a very wise decision.

In fact, all nice, young Americans should emigrate to another country if they find a good opportunity.

During the remaining decades of this century, the United States is going to become a terrible place for nice people to live in. This year has already given us just a taste of what awaits the country.

In fact, all young Americans should emigrate to another country if they find a good opportunity.

During the remaining decades of this century, the United States is going to become a terrible place for nice people to live in. This year has already given us just a taste of what awaits the country.
It will be bad regionally and locally. The United States is a big place. So is Canada. Emigrating will be more the rule if things get bad enough. However, violence and battles and maybe wars may or will come to the Western Hemisphere as the rest of the world has experienced.

In fact, all nice, young Americans should emigrate to another country if they find a good opportunity.

Well, she doesn't say this is her reason, or motivation.
You really think it's going that bad for the US?

ida.jpg

ida1.jpg

(Comment)

What a cool story,

She likes donkeys and men who do not bathe

Oh, yes!

By the end of this century, I expect the nation to be imploding.

In fact, all young Americans should emigrate to another country if they find a good opportunity.

It will be bad regionally and locally. The United States is a big place. So is Canada. Emigrating will be more the rule if things get bad enough. However, violence and battles and maybe wars may or will come to the Western Hemisphere as the rest of the world has experienced.

Don't get me wrong,
but much of the world has fresh memory of wars.

A society that lives in relative isolation and peace,
is a rare blessing and an unnatural human state,
with its social pitfalls, loss of social orientation,
survival instincts and common sense.

Here things are as real as they get, we fight over real stuff that matters.
America is maybe the strongest country, but Jerusalem is literally the center of the world.

Crossroads of 3 continents,
we don't get to 'boil in our own sauce' so to speak...

Oh, yes!

By the end of this century, I expect the nation to be imploding.

So there's time then, much can change,
the darkest hour of the day is right before the first rays of sunlight.

Also the healthiest ones.

May sees record-breaking interest in Aliyah from North America

Eve made Aliyah from NJ, got a highly subsidized MA in Israel, works for in high-tech

The Regathering of Exiles (Aliyah) | A TBN Israel Special

Welcome to our aliyah life in Atlit, Israel

Welcome to our Backyard! Watch this short vlog for a first glimpse into our life in Atlit, Israel. Life during the COVID-19 quarantine hasn't always been easy, but now that restrictions are gradually lifted we made the most of our first days out in nature.

We are Jonathan and Janne, a young modern orthodox couple living our aliyah life in Northern Israel. Coming from Canada and Holland, we settled together in Tel Aviv but longed for some more peace and quiet. Hence our relocation along the Northern Meditteranean coast, on a walking distance to the Carmel Mountains.

ISRAEL: FIRST IMPRESSIONS

It's crazy how first impressions are really JUST first impressions. We meet people and form an opinion... then we actually get to know them for who they truly are. That means that my opinions of Israel, even after just two weeks after recording this video, have changed a lot already. I realized that a few of these observations only apply to the Tel Aviv area, and that there are always exceptions to what we see at first.

I wonder how a person say from the US can be recognized as a Jew. In the case with emigrants from the Soviet Union it was more or less clear - the Soviet passports had a nationality of the person being written there, and the birth certificates had nationalities of the parents. The US dont have this as far as I am aware, as well as European countries.
By Yihus in the community.
Jewish courts keep records of circumcisions, weddings etc.

If those are lost, grandchildren of Holocaust survivors have war registration.

Forum List

Back