What Made Donald Trump Switch To Democrat?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
And then back again? I was only eleven when he switched and a teenager when he switched back again (nineteen actually but still a teenager) so I didn't really know him back then and his reasonings. I don't think he ever would have switched in the first place though if he knew how evil democrats can be.

Simple answer: He's an opportunist who will say and do whatever is best for Donald J. Trump.

Blatantly false. Trump would have had a far easier time if he had been a Democrat. The news media would have loved him, no matter what he did, and he would have made quite a profit.

Quit parroting what your lying media and worthless friends tell you. It's both disgusting and pathetic.

Things change on a dime. Dems did not used to be this way, which is why I was one for most of my life. Then I went repub but they have no gumption or balls. So now I am independent. The older dems today are the ones that still believe in what is USED to be. It isn't.

And then back again? I was only eleven when he switched and a teenager when he switched back again (nineteen actually but still a teenager) so I didn't really know him back then and his reasonings. I don't think he ever would have switched in the first place though if he knew how evil democrats can be.
Trump didn't register to vote until he was in his 40s.. and he switched parties 5 times.

I don't care what other people think of me. I always tell it how I see it.

I don't either, even more so as I got older. But being a Democrat back then was because that's what my Father, Mother, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Great Grandparents on both sides, and most of my cousins were.

Plus being a musician for over 30 year, I hung out with a crowd that was primarily liberal. I didn't really become politically-aware until the 80's, when I worked for a technical university. A couple of the students turned me on to Rush Limbaugh and I started listening to AM talk Radio: Rush, Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Tony Snow, and others who were local to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

I was the first person in my family's history to ever get a college degree and become a Republican.

Things change on a dime. Dems did not used to be this way, which is why I was one for most of my life. Then I went repub but they have no gumption or balls. So now I am independent. The older dems today are the ones that still believe in what is USED to be. It isn't.

Democrats of old were for more social opportunities and options for more people to have a slice of the pie and live more fulfilled lives to balance the growth of industrialism.
The "Democrats" of now aren't democrats at all-- -- they really don't care about women or minorities or the down-trodden, they just use them as tools, they depend on them--- they are foreign-owned and sponsored Marxists sent here, paid and/or indoctrinated here to infiltrate the lone superpower, the USA, and subvert it, break it down from within so that its wealth and bounty can be taken off and consumed by preying on the very idealists and dreamers, idiots and fools they help create with their schoolyard and university brainwashing.

But some people are resistant to brainwashing and they become conservatives, independents, republicans or Trump Supporters.

I was the first person in my family's history to ever get a college degree and become a Republican.

Ever see How To Train Your Dragon? It's about a boy named Hiccup who came from a family of Vikings that killed dragons for a living. However, he couldn't find it in his heart to and so he became the first Viking who wouldn't kill one and was seen as an outcast until he spoke up and told them the truth about the dragons and that they were only aggressive when it came to defending themselves. Moral of the story is, sometimes it's good to be different from your family. Especially when they're not making the greatest of choices.

Thankfully, he believes in doing what's right, not in making friends with the media.

That's true. It probably took a fair amount of soul-searching for Trump to become what he is today. New York City high society is infested with liberals and Democrats. He probably had to rub elbows with them every day. But Trump has a strong character and made a decent fortune by way of hard work, ingenuity, and his ability to hammer out deals. The left completely doesn't get this. They expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, with someone else footing the bill.

My wife was also a Reagan-voter, but a Democrat when we met. She voted for Obama in 2008, but we never discussed politics. By 2009, she realized how much of a mistake that was and changed to Republican by the 2010 midterms. She loves Trump and think he's the greatest President since Reagan, probably greater.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back