What is your very FIRST sports memory?

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
Mine would be watching on television the 1971 World Series and Roberto Clemente with a solo home run in the seventh game as the Pirates beat the Orioles to win the World Series and then my neighbor's father taking us downtown to watch the celebration. My neighbor was the banana king of Pittsburgh as he sold produce out of the strip district. I was 12!

1975 World Series. Red Sox vs Reds. My father let us stay up for Game 6. Soon as Fisk's ball bounced off the left field flag pole, he sent us to bed. Boy, was that a short night. :)

Vaguely remember being about 4-years old and sitting with my Dad at night and watching boxing matches of Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler etc.

Remember loving the Rocky films from the same time too - again watching them with my Dad.

Nothing more specific than that - just that.

Don't like boxing now. Boring and over-rated. Soulless crap.

Vaguely remember being about 4-years old and sitting with my Dad at night and watching boxing matches of Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler etc.

Remember loving the Rocky films from the same time too - again watching them with my Dad.

Nothing more specific than that - just that.

Don't like boxing now. Boring and over-rated. Soulless crap.
boxing is nowhere near the same...Hagler was my favorite fighter...look up Hagler vs. Hearns...greatest fight ever!

1975 World Series. Red Sox vs Reds. My father let us stay up for Game 6. Soon as Fisk's ball bounced off the left field flag pole, he sent us to bed. Boy, was that a short night. :)

One of the best World Series ever! I can still see "Pudge" waving that ball fair!

1st.playing- base ball with my cousins. 1st. viewing a sport - watching television a rerun of a boxing match with my dad. Sonny Liston vs Big Cat Williams.

I was at the 1969 All Star game in RFK stadium. So many legends at that game, Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Bench, Robinson, Rose, Jackson, Carlton just incredible to see them all playing in the same game.

1st grade. My Dad signed me up for nerf indoor soccer. I didn't want to go and threw a tantrum... cried the whole way there. My Dad just dropped me off at the gym and drove away, so I started playing and had a really fun time.

Clay vs Liston

Didn’t see the fight but I remember the hype

Oh wow ???
I remember those 80s Lakers /Celtics games
I have good memories of Becker winning the 1985 Wimbledon
My football memories are the 1985 Bears

Forum List

Back