What is your traditional Christmas Eve and Day meal?

25th: Boneless standing rib roast (aka ribeye roast)

24th: wife’s been pushing ham on me last few years but I prefer lasagna. She saves lasagna for New Years. Wtf. Why not both?

For me on the Eve it is usually grapes, fruits, salmon, cold cuts and cheese with a lot of booze...

On Christmas Day it is usually Cornish Hens and Veggies and again Booze...

So what is your favorite meal?
The wife bought a 2 rib roast beef, with potatoes and fresh Brussel sprouts, and she made ricotta cookies and St. Joseph zeppolies really Italian cream puffs along with 5 other types of cookies. She is saving the Italian three color cookies until our son comes home

When I lived alone my Christmas dinner was orange chicken, garlic shrimp and fried rice.
Plate at Marc PI express. That was my dinner last night. I finally live alone for last month. I like it and am not to give it up soon. My casual girl friend for the past year dropped the L word on me twice yesterday. Might have to make some changes there. The living alone part ain't one of the changes I wanna make.

Not cooking this year.
Having the Houstonian do it for us.

Prime rib with au jus and horseradish sauce.
Roasted fingerling potatoes.
Asparagus.
Haricot verts.
Heirloom carrots.
Roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
Honey butter yeast rolls.
And apple cranberry pie for dessert....with of course BlueBell Vanilla ice cream.

Usually some sort fish/seafood eve and turkey the Christmas day. Stuffing with my own pig sausage, smooshed taters, corn, peas, pies. Got punkin, making blueberry now. And lots booze of course.

Forum List

Back