What Is Your Top 3 50's Background Harmony Songs ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Here's mine, or at least it's the first 3 that come to my mind. There really are lots of others that could be in this list.

1. Dion & the Belmonts - Teenager in Love - 4 young Italian guys from the Bronx, NY produced the song that every young couple called the radio station (no cell phones or CD players then) to play, as we sat in our lovers lane convertibles on moonlit nights. We simply couldnt hear this song enough times.

2. Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers - Why Do Fools Fall In Love

3. The Fleetwoods - Mr Blue

Honorable mention - The Platters - My Prayer

Last edited:
It looks like most people the respond to these musice questions are like me. At 69-years-old, I was born in 1954. I have no memory of background harmony music of that, until some time in the 1960s.

It looks like most people the respond to these musice questions are like me. At 69-years-old, I was born in 1954. I have no memory of background harmony music of that, until some time in the 1960s.
I didn't make it around till 1961.

I was 17 in 1963, and all the songs of the OP were still being played, especially on stations specializing in "oldies but goodies"
...........and lots of other good songs with nice background harmony by the Four Seasons, the Everly Brothers, the Drifters, the Righteous Brothers, the Passions, the Lettermen, the Spaniels, the Capris.

Forum List

Back