Zone1 What is the Soul of America

What is the Soul of America?
It is an interesting philosophical concept to contemplate. Along with "American Values," "American Exceptionalism," and a couple of others that are not designated with the "American" descriptor, they are subjective variables that provide for the inadequacies in our understanding of the control variables of the American Experiment.

Joe Biden is going to give a speech tomorrow night on the battle for the Soul of America; what exactly does that mean? I think one might define the Soul of America as the fundamental character or spirit of our collective citizens.
I would like to believe that the "Soul of America" is the search for the perfect self-governing system that guides our approach to domestic tranquility. It should be obvious that the system is a foul of the approach. Tremendous security for private citizens, as well as public officials, the riots, and general social disorderliness, are all products of a dysfunctional system that is approaching its failure threshold.

IMHO it is the common values, principles, and morality that most of us share.
No. The only shared common value, principles, and morality, would all have to be published in the Constitution. It is the margin of error of everyone's perception of those abstract ideals that make for the remnants of social order in the subsisting society that you are most likely trying to describe.

I believe that most of us want equal opportunity and impartial justice, and I also think that most of us are not satisfied with the current status of either ideal. In most cases, we agree on the problem, but we disagree on what to do about it. The solutions and policies that are proposed by the two major political parties are almost polar opposites. What we differ on is politics and policies, and that has jack squat to do with anybody's soul.
The problem is the organization of the government.

US4CC.meme.Morpheus - not_perfect_Constitution.png

I would include those crying about censorship, when they’re talking about a private entity. That goes against the very foundation of what America is about. You can’t force them to spread hate

That's too much power over the American public, due to how influential, and essential to our daily lives these social platforms are (people's livelihoods depend on them). Rules should be established, prohibiting social media platforms from censoring their user's speech/opinions on political and social issues. So-called hate speech has become anything that someone says that offends someone. No one has a right not to be offended. The 1st amendment is supposed to protect that type of speech.

Biden has said that he is fighting for the soul of America before.
It is meaningless.
It's just another poll tested word that the Dems use.
Everything that the Dems do or say is dishonest.
Magical thinking, that everything that Dems do or say is dishonest. How could you know? wishful thinking? Or narrow minded thinking? I may believe that there are some on the hard right that have lost the ability to use common sense, but to put that label on all Republicans defies reality.

Magical thinking, that everything that Dems do or say is dishonest. How could you know? wishful thinking? Or narrow minded thinking? I may believe that there are some on the hard right that have lost the ability to use common sense, but to put that label on all Republicans defies reality.
Biden is a lifelong liar.
He is a demagogue.
He's not fighting for the "soul" of America.
He is using hate and fear as a campaign tactic.

That's too much power over the American public, due to how influential, and essential to our daily lives these social platforms are (people's livelihoods depend on them). Rules should be established, prohibiting social media platforms from censoring their user's speech/opinions on political and social issues. So-called hate speech has become anything that someone says that offends someone. No one has a right not to be offended. The 1st amendment is supposed to protect that type of speech.
No, the first amendment doesn’t protect that type of speech. FB’s responsibility is to their shareholders. If they allowed FB to become the kind of cesspool TS is, they’d be going down the tubes too and letting their investors down.

Biden is obviously working for globalist interests seeking to dismantle us. This has been patently obvious for quite some time.

This speech that ratches up the cultural war is just one more step in that direction.

Some might say that there are many on the Left that have lost the ability to use common sense too. Not all of 'em though, as you say. From what I hear, many are leaving the democratic party in droves for some years now. And magical thinking that everything the democrats do or say is dishonest, is understandable IMHO. I wouldn't say the repubs are always straight arrow truth and honesty either, but I do think the democrats are far worse.

And the sad thing is, too many people will accept it as truth instead of the bullshit it really is.
Trannies in every bathroom, free crack pipes, burning down small businesses, street gangs contrilling our neighborhoods - if Biden tells the Sheeple this is what they must support, who are they to question?

Last edited:
No, the first amendment doesn’t protect that type of speech. FB’s responsibility is to their shareholders. If they allowed FB to become the kind of cesspool TS is, they’d be going down the tubes too and letting their investors down.
Actually, if they stopped censoring people's speech they would make more money. More, they also have obligations towards their users, not just their shareholders. Every business enterprise has responsibilities and obligations towards its community and country as well.

Actually, if they stopped censoring people's speech they would make more money. More, they also have obligations towards their users, not just their shareholders. Every business enterprise has responsibilities and obligations towards its community and country as well.
How would they make more money, if it turned into an unmoderated cesspool like the alt-right sites? Most people and businesses would leave what would basically become the ghetto of the internet, seldom used, like TS.

Biden is obviously working for globalist interests seeking to dismantle us. This has been patently obvious for quite some time.

This speech that ratches up the cultural war is just one more step in that direction.

Dimm's will regret Joey's shit-talk tonite.

Interesting to see how many people actually watch. I know I won't, this speech is geared to denigrate half the country, maybe more than half. It's your garden variety negative politics crap that both parties resort to and IMHO is divisive and wrong at a time when we oughta be trying to pull together. No thanks, I'll catch the analyses tomorrow. Biden might get a small bounce, but the news on inflation and the economy will quickly override whatever he says, and if the news is bad then he and the democrats are fucked.

Forum List

Back