What is the Republican justification for why Georgia Secretary of State tried to limit voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

Thanks for posting. The law was obviously put in there to protect state employees from having to come back to work in the middle of a holiday weekend. The asshole activist judge justified it like this - Cox said that state law "does not specifically prohibit counties from conducting advanced voting on Saturday, November 26, 2022, for a runoff election."

A judge actually said that.

Obviously, the judge is illiterate.

I said I used to be, not now. 6'3" well built 250 lbs. black belt in Kempo. I would say back in the day it wouldn't have been smart to mess with me.

This law is not ambiguous in any way. You don't need to be a judge or lawyer to understand it, just a basic knowledge of the English language will suffice. And WTF do you keep bringing up I didn't know about the law until you brought it up? What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?
Lol god just spare me.

Lol the law definitely can be ambiguous. It can be very nuanced and dynamic. Sometimes it can be missing context to be sure of something being legally viable. I don’t trust your assessment of it. I trust a lawyer and a judge. Not someone siding with republicans in knee jerk fashion who hasn’t even read the entire law.

Republican voters like to pretend whenever the GOP tries to limit voting, it’s related to just ID laws. That is far from the case isn’t it? Republicans in power eliminate voting locations in urban areas that depend on early voting and ways of voting early. Even same day voting sites get closed down. They also make it illegal to hand out water to people waiting in line to vote. Do we even need to explain why they want to do that?

That’s Georgia republicans for you.

Now they tried to make it illegal to vote in the Georgia runoff on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but luckily a judge reversed it.

Republican voters can’t justify this. They might as well admit they secretly support these measures because they disproportionately affect urban AKA democrat voters. Their side wins. That’s all that matters.

did you not read your own link? it clearly states the issue was it was a holiday

Lol god just spare me.

Lol the law definitely can be ambiguous. It can be very nuanced and dynamic. Sometimes it can be missing context to be sure of something being legally viable. I don’t trust your assessment of it. I trust a lawyer and a judge. Not someone siding with republicans in knee jerk fashion who hasn’t even read the entire law.

I'm glad you said that. Let's see if you have the same opinion once it's overturned.

Lol god just spare me.

The law covers elections. Unless it specifically exempts runoff elections they are covered by the law.

Does it exempt runoff elections?

Since the purpose of the law. according to it's writers, was to ensure that paid poll workers have time off for the holiday, why does it apply to volunteers who are not state employees, and who CHOOSE to work.

Forum List

Back