What is the point?!

Now CDC says you can spread and contract covid despite having the shot.

Please tell me why I should put an unproven experimental drug in my body with the above admission!
The onslaught of propaganda has me even more hesitant.
These folks are doing a terrible job of convincing anyone hesitant to become part of the Great Experiment.
Let's get one thing clear also, Covid vaccine hesitation is not Anti Vaxx. It is skepticism of new unproven medical technology, concern of long term effects that are a complete unknown, and the fact that the manufacturer can't be held liable. We all know Big Pharma has paid out billions in settlements for fully approved products that have caused harm. A new lawsuit was just announced against Johnson and Johnson over Talcum powder.
This skeptical view crosses political lines and is not reserved to just Conservatives.
The mixed messaging only deepens the hesitation and the demonization and dismissive approach of liberals only further harms their case to convince others.
A note to Joe. A hundred bucks isn't going to get me to sign on either

Don't. Let's see how long we can drag this out, how many variants pop up in the meantime, and how much damage we can do to our economy.

This'll be fun. Freedom!
1. IMHO one problem with the vaccines is that the fucking CDC isn't approving them after almost a fucking year!! Why not???
2. The only serious problem I've seen is that the JNJ vaccine gave some women blood clots, so don't give JNJ vaccines to women.

All viruses mutate. Has nothing to do with vaccinations.
Sure it does. The longer the virus is out there to any extent, the more time we're allowing for mutation, and the more resistant to vaccine they can become.

That's okay, though. We're Americans. We have a right to not be inconvenienced or be told what to do. It's all God's will, anyway. Freedom!

• Banned
Sure it does. The longer the virus is out there to any extent, the more time we're allowing for mutation, and the more resistant to vaccine they can become.

That's okay, though. We're Americans. We have a right to not be inconvenienced or be told what to do. It's all God's will, anyway. Freedom!
RNA, however, is an unstable molecule, and RNA viruses don’t have a built-in proofreading step in their replication. Mistakes in copying RNA happen frequently, and the host cell does not correct these mistakes. RNA virus mutations are frequent and can have important consequences for their hosts.

Please tell me why I should put an unproven experimental drug in my body with the above admission!
Because you’re far less likely to get COVID by being vaccinated and if you get COVID after being vaccinated you’re far less likely to get seriously ill.

The data on transmissibility for the vaccinated with COVID needs more work. The CDC is being very conservative as usual.

like petro above said....."These folks are doing a terrible job of convincing anyone hesitant to become part of the Great Experiment"......instead of maybe trying to alleviate peoples fears about the vaccine,all we are seeing is these people being put down for thing or another....pissing people off does not work....

Identifying and ending low-level transmission of COVID-19 will be complicated by COVID-19’s resemblance to many other respiratory diseases, and by asymptomatic COVID-19 cases
So far, humanity has only eradicated one human infectious disease comparable to COVID-19 in its broad geographic distribution: smallpox. Previous efforts to eradicate malaria, yellow fever and yaws failed, while current efforts to eradicate poliomyelitis and Guinea worm disease still hang in the balance. Smallpox eradication ultimately proved technically feasible because of three factors.

First, an effective intervention, smallpox vaccine, was available to interrupt transmission of the smallpox virus. Second, smallpox cases and outbreaks could be identified with sufficient timeliness and accuracy to reliably guide decision-making about when and where that intervention was needed. Third, infections from animal sources or the natural environment could not restart transmission of smallpox among humans because there was no animal or natural environment reservoir.

Other disease eradication programmes have had major problems or failed when the effectiveness of interventions, timeliness and accuracy of surveillance, and non-human disease reservoirs have proven more challenging:Could COVID-19 ever be eradicated?

WE LIKELY CANNOT ERADICATE COVID-19… SO WHAT’S AHEAD?

“I think it’s probably not possible to completely eradicate COVID,” Isern said. “It will most likely become endemic, meaning that it will persist and it will come back in pockets, there might be smaller outbreaks. But it’s something that I suspect we’ll continue to see for years to come.”

You are expecting eradication when that may very well not be possible. Not because of Trumpsters, but because...
Nature.

Forum List

Back