What is the Point of the Breaking News Forum?

There are active threads about Amber Heard (whoever that is), the price of Lithium, and Mike Tyson.

Can't these be placed in Current Events?
"Breaking News" becomes a current event once the news breaks so... there is kind of a time constraint on what classifies as "breaking".

Once it breaks, it no longer fits the classification.

Lol

"Breaking News" becomes a current event once the news breaks so... there is kind of a tim constraint on what classifies as "breaking".

Once it breaks, it no longer fits the classification.

Lol
Is the price of lithium rising really that newsworthy to start with? Or Mike Tyson hitting someone? Or whatever is happening with Amber Heard?

There are active threads about Amber Heard (whoever that is), the price of Lithium, and Mike Tyson.

How Bout No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Is the price of lithium rising really that newsworthy to start with? Or Mike Tyson hitting someone? Or whatever is happening with Amber Heard?
I suppose that would be up to the individual making the post.

What may be important to one person, is trivial to another, and vice versa.

At the end of the day, I personally don't see it being that big of a deal either way... but that just me.

I'll report your post for the purpose of bringiing it to the attention of the moderators. I'll suggest that the Breaking news section has been abused and trivialized and due attention isn't being given to filtering out the posts that aren't worthy.

I guess it's important for us all to know Amber Heard crapped in the bed as soon as it happens. You can't let information like that just lay around.

I'll report your post for the purpose of bringiing it to the attention of the moderators. I'll suggest that the Breaking news section has been abused and trivialized and due attention isn't being given to filtering out the posts that aren't worthy.
When the mods make a determination on this matter, will it be "Breaking News"?

If a dam breaks, at what point does it just become a broken dam?

So many questions... so little time...

I guess it's important for us all to know Amber Heard crapped in the bed as soon as it happens. You can't let information like that just lay around.
That issue alone should give Johnny the win in this case.

When the mods make a determination on this matter, will it be "Breaking News"?

If a dam breaks, at what point does it just become a broken dam?

So many questions... so little time...
Start acting like a grownup or this will be the last reply from me.

I've always viewed it as breaking stories of fairly large importance, stuff that would get big coverage. We try to weed out what really shouldn't be there and eventually move stuff out of there after it's no longer "breaking," but time isn't always available.

I've always viewed it as breaking stories of fairly large importance, stuff that would get big coverage. We try to weed out what really shouldn't be there and eventually move stuff out of there after it's no longer "breaking," but time isn't always available.
Maybe there is a way to set a timer on Breaking News threads before they automatically go to the current events room?

If it is breaking, it is breaking. By breaking, I mean something that has not hit the mainstream for pontificating of the talking heads. Much of what is in our breaking news forum is of minor or no interest to me, but hardly a week goes by, somebody doesn't post something startling the moment it comes out, that I am not taken by surprise. Have seen nothing today, but today is still a good example, as I have not had a TV or radio on, this morning, and being on the board, I am not on the news sights. Somebody could post something at anytime, to make me say "Oh, crap, what are these idiots doing now?" and send me off to the search engines to get first and often inaccurate or lacking reporting. I agree, much simply deserves to be in current event, as no longer breaking to anybody.

Forum List

Back