What is the point of having a religion forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider myself an atheist, and I've found that most athiests now a days..are some of the worst, most annoying people to encounter online.

They just simply hate Christians (as well as most other religious people), and atheism is their way to justify doing that.
I've found that most theists now a days are some of the worst, most annoying people to encounter online.
..the THEISTS are the jackasses on USMB---foul mouthed/insults/etc

I really don't care, or care to know who is atheist, or religious on here.

I think folks should be able to have their beliefs in God/religion/faith, etc...Or not. Doesn't bother me.

I honestly don't know any history of any discussions on here between the two sides, so I couldn't agree with your statement either way.

But I was giving my personal experience online in encountering atheist types over the years. And yes, many use atheism simply as an excuse to attack Christians for their faith.

There were many "atheist" subs on Reddit (when I was foolish enough to waste time on there) designed for exactly that purpose.

These subs never wanted to discuss/post anything, unless it was something that was specifically denigrating religion...especially Christians.

Atheistic discussion can exist that doesn't involve religion at all.

It was just more hate/fear mongering. But that's just my experience and opinions..
And yes, many use theism simply as an excuse to attack non-Christians for their faith.

...the religious forums/posts are a lot cleaner/better/civil than the other subjects ....

Point well made. Thanks followers of the Atheist religion :auiqs.jpg:

Clearly there is NO MODERATION in that forum when these guys DERAIL EVERY DAMN THREAD

Religion is a topic that can be discussed by atheists as well as believers of all flavors. The only time we would intervene is if it derails or breaks rules such as trolling. Like Will said, report it and if you're still unhappy, contact a mod of your choice for further explanation.

I do sympathize with those that might want a more targeted serious discussion. What you might do is try a topic in CDZ, where rules a a bit tighter, especially in regards to trolling.

Topics of faith should be off-limits to non-believers.
put it in the OP .......mods can back it up
....but, this is a discussion forum---

It's not a discussion forum when others disrespect the discussion by trolling it out of existence.

There ARE OPTIONS.. Most members wont USE them because they're a bit more complicated..

1) Coyote mention Clean Debate Zone.. We ARE seriously moderating those threads for civility and effort and obvious trolling/baiters will get tossed..

2) THere's the Structured Debate forum.. THe OPoster can create 2 or 3 RULES of discussion for the thread that moderation will enforce unless they are TOTALLY unreasonable. These rules are in addition to all the normal Zone2 rules..

3) Also under Structured Debate -- there's an option to have "Invite Only" threads. Rules for starting these MUST be followed very closely.. But the general idea is you're INVITING certain people into your living room for a cordial discussion.. This SHOULD WORK well for discussions of faith, morals, ethics. And if some are excluded -- they can ask you to add them in "next thread"..

In the current "everything is bullshit" environment of what's LEFT of American discussion --- I'm REALLY surprised at how many members bitch about "open cattle call" threads and the vermin that infest them --- but don't TRY some of those OTHER OPTIONS that Coyote and I just tossed out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back