What is the meaning of "militia" in the second amendment?

The second amendment is more than a right, it's gift from God, it's equivalent to life itself, it's a duty, it's the muscle behind the 1st amendment, it hung the moon... Well, maybe all of that might be a bit over the top. I got carried away a bit.
Anyway,
Mostly what makes it perfect it does without a doubt drives progressives wacko nuts... I think it may have turned some adult progressives into bed wetters.

Let well enough be... Leave the second alone it's perfect just the way it is.

It is obvious that this thread is too swift for ya, this is the whole post that was taken out of context by genius.

But it's not. This is the point.

Rights exist because in England the powerful were trying to take more powers from the King. That's it. It developed into a idea, that people should be able to do what they want.

Human Rights are TOTALLY man made ideas. If Humans died, the idea would die too.

It's not obvious that this post is somehow to swift for me. It might be that I just don't agree with what you're coming up with.
That that is some wacky new age I don't know what... Without humans the is a meaningless, useless rock.
You need to back off the LSD... Its doesn't look good on you.

The second amendment is more than a right, it's gift from God, it's equivalent to life itself, it's a duty, it's the muscle behind the 1st amendment, it hung the moon... Well, maybe all of that might be a bit over the top. I got carried away a bit.
Anyway,
Mostly what makes it perfect it does without a doubt drives progressives wacko nuts... I think it may have turned some adult progressives into bed wetters.

It is obvious that this thread is too swift for ya, this is the whole post that was taken out of context by genius.

Rights exist because in England the powerful were trying to take more powers from the King. That's it. It developed into a idea, that people should be able to do what they want.

Human Rights are TOTALLY man made ideas. If Humans died, the idea would die too.

It's not obvious that this post is somehow to swift for me. It might be that I just don't agree with what you're coming up with.
That that is some wacky new age I don't know what... Without humans the is a meaningless, useless rock.

I'm going out to listen to the wind... You know what it told me?? Absolutely nothing...

Anyway,

So, either I accept your view that some mythical man who lives in the sky gave us rights, contrary to all the evidence out there, or there is no debate?

Fine, I'll leave you with your "beliefs" where you can say anything and anything can be true as long as it's not provable, I'll continue to use my brain.

I have not problem with this, just don't reply to me, it's easy.

Anyway,

So, either I accept your view that some mythical man who lives in the sky gave us rights, contrary to all the evidence out there, or there is no debate?

Fine, I'll leave you with your "beliefs" where you can say anything and anything can be true as long as it's not provable, I'll continue to use my brain.

To each his own, believe what you want or not... Just don't expect anyone to agree with you.

Anyway,

To each his own, believe what you want or not... Just don't expect anyone to agree with you.

By the way your brain needs to be a bit swifter... Less LSD, just a suggestion.

Anyway,

To each his own, what an expression. It basically means, I can think what I like, it doesn't need to be logical, make sense, I'll believe what the hell I like.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. However if their brain is open, they probably will.

Anyway,

To each his own, what an expression. It basically means, I can think what I like, it doesn't need to be logical, make sense, I'll believe what the hell I like.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. However if their brain is open, they probably will.
Pssss... Between me and you, you're in the minority. Just wanted to let you know.
Believe what you want... It's not a crime.

Pssss... Between me and you, you're in the minority. Just wanted to let you know.

Oh good, I'm not a sheep and just follow the majority, you're starting to make me feel good.

You know, the majority are people who vote republican or democrat without thinking, have no idea what the issues are, they get taken in by advertising from companies like McDonalds, Coca-Cola and also from the two main political parties.

Really, who would want to be like that?

Oh good, I'm not a sheep and just follow the majority, you're starting to make me feel good.

You know, the majority are people who vote republican or democrat without thinking, have no idea what the issues are, they get taken in by advertising from companies like McDonalds, Coca-Cola and also from the two main political parties.

Anymore I am a three issue voter... Guns..... And guns....... And guns.

Wow, you're so deep.... I think I'm falling asleep......

Got to protect my livelihood... The federal government certainly isn't.

Embrace the suck

Embrace the suck
Your livelihood is convincing other people to believe nonsense?

Embrace the suck
I sell guns and ammo...

Embrace the suck
I sell guns and ammo...

Right, well there must be more to your life....

Embrace the suck
I sell guns and ammo...

Got to pay the bills.... The federal government makes sure there is a ton of them.

Embrace the suck

Last edited:

Embrace the suck
I sell guns and ammo...

Got pay the bills.... The federal government makes sure there is a ton of them.

Embrace the suck

Sure you do. Then again I manage to pay my bills without being single minded.

Embrace the suck
I sell guns and ammo...

Got to pay the bills.... The federal government makes sure there is a ton of them.

Embrace the suck

It's all good, nothing wrong with being a single issue voter.

I sell guns and ammo...

Embrace the suck

It's all good, nothing wrong with being a single issue voter.

No, other than you put people in power who shouldn't be there.

So in the middle of the bill of rights, the founders decided to throw in a right of government? Why do you suppose the founders were afraid government was going to take it's own guns away exactly?

Shay's Rebellion ring a well Watson?

"The uprising in Massachusetts began in the summer of 1786. The rebels tried to capture the federal arsenal at Springfield and harassed leading merchants, lawyers, and supporters of the state government. The state militia, commanded by Gen. Benjamin Lincoln, crushed the rebels in several engagements in the winter of 1787. Shays and the other principal figures of the rebellion fled first toRhode Island and then to Vermont.

"Although it never seriously threatened the stability of the United States, Shays’ Rebellion greatly alarmed politicians throughout the nation. Proponents of constitutional reform at the national level cited the rebellion as justification for revision or replacement of the Articles of Confederation, and Shays’ Rebellion figured prominently in the debates over the framing and ratification of the Constitution."

An unbiased mind can look at this incident and understand the vast difference between a bunch of malcontents and the National Guard. The former are the disorganized militia, a legal fiction, having no authority and no chain of command vis a vis a well trained military force acting within the law, trained and under the authority ofelected officials who were appointed officers.

Yes, I see your point. The founders were terrified that government would take away it's own guns. So the bill of rights is actually 9 rights for citizens and one right of government. They wanted to make sure government wouldn't give up its guns, that would be such a threat to liberty

No you see what you want to see, a sure sign of willful ignorance.

Once again, you post zero content. The National Guard is government, Skippy. Why did they bother putting in a right of the government to have a military unit in the bill of rights? What where they trying to accomplish exactly?
Once again you fail to grasp the meaning of a word you use: "content"

I understand it fine. If you had any content, you'd have addressed the question. Why would the founding fathers give government the right to have guns in the bill of rights? How does that make any sense?

Forum List

Back