What is the facination/obsession over Talor Swift?

So since her political beliefs are not the same as yours she has to shut up, but you get to back the lying cheetohead all you want? Damn, what a dick!
Again, you are running around in the cramped quarters of you little empty head. I didn't say anything resembling what you are saying. Like a typical democrat you gobble down anything someone with a camera and a mic says. Comprehension and critical thinking are beyond your scope. What part of "dealing with the consequences of your public views" did you not understand? Just because a person has celebrity doesn't make them a brain. Does that make it more clear or are you going prattle on more with your TDS.

Every generation has a few stars or groups whose financial success far exceeds their personal talent, and scores of supremely talented people who achieve little or no commercial success. Against this background, TS is better in every way than Madonna, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and a few others that one could name.

I heard a guy last night at a little beach bar that is a better guitar player that Taylor Swift. Good singers and guitar players are a dime a dozen and found in every town all over the states.

You need that blend of songwriting, catching the cultural moment, the right looks, and--let's face it--luck. TS is also a pretty shrewd businesswoman.

I'm 33 and hate today's popular music.

I bet you're the youngest poster here by a LONG shot. Heck, I'm probably average age here, or a little under, and I'm in my mid-50s.

IMO there's some good stuff out there but you have to hunt for it. If you just look at the Billboard Hot 100--you're dead right. It's not great on the whole.

"The Beatles are overrated. They were a great band. Not better than other great bands, though"

So what is it, great or overrated?

They were a great band, but people think they were like the Second Coming of Bands. They weren't THAT great.

Here's a babe with a squeeky voice but with amps the size of school buses as well as electronic gadgets and a hollywood stage presence she makes more money than Ford's electric cars. Her popularity is something like the "cabbage patch dolls" years ago. Everyone had to have one for Christmas and it didn't matter what they had to pay. Pop culture gone mad. Stay home and buy the CD.

Ummmm yeah pop music has always been like that?

The girl who works at the grocery store said that she went to that show in PA. She was talking about it like it was the greatest experience she ever had. She's a young adult. Went to school with my son.

well, I've been to a lot of concerts. Classical, rock, pop, jazz in little dive bars, etc, musical theater. This was...well, jaw-dropping. Different kind of music and with no politics, but an immersive maybe experience akin to Woodstock (the OG, not the mess in the 90s).

The Carmina Burana live is fantastic. I was moved to hear Neptune from The Planets done so, so well by our local orchestra (hard to do with the hidden choir). I also saw Sting and Paul Simon together, really close seats, like third row. I'd put each of those higher up in experience level, musically. But Eras is on par just for the entertainment value.

However, not even close to the greatest experience of my life....

My granddaughter wanted to see her when she came to KC a few weeks back so I looked up tickets. Cheapest I could find were 1500.00

A literal wtf moment.
She's purty and can sing in about a 1 octave range. :rolleyes-41:

Not sure If I'd rather eat a .45 or have to listen to one of her "songs" all the way through.

Either option is bad.

Ms. Swift is ok as a singer and she makes a good appearance, but there are plenty better and more talented singers out there. I can see why she is popular, but I can't see why she is so much more popular than everyone else.

No one can touch Sinatra. A legend.

The Beatles are overrated. They were a great band. Not better than other great bands, though.

Taylor Swift commands the same attention the Beatles did in the 60s and Michael Jackson and Madonna did in the 80s. Some here just don't like it cause....well, they're old. Sorry.

Taste in music as in any entertainment is subjective and open to interpretation.

Except of course Disco and 17th century Bavarian chamber music.

Forum List

Back