What is the definition of "assault weapon?"

Actually, I feel the Swiss have nailed it...

So, no one is going to take on the impossible task of explaining the difference between this politically correct name "Assault Rifle" and a "Varmint Rifle"...

Seymour Flops, I sincerely hope you get a legitimate answer...

What do you use your assault rifle for? Do you hunt with it?

No, I've never hunted. I live in a small town, so I have no real need for an assault rifle. Too much risk of killing a neighbor trying to stop a burglar. I have a shotgun, and some pistols for home defense, a lever action that is a keepsake from my granddad, and a .22 rifle for critters.

If I ever move to the country, like a cabin in the woods, I'll get an AR, AK or pistol caliber machine gun, to stop any home invasion by M13 looking for a place to stash drugs and trafficked humans. I spent way too much time with M16 variants in the Army to now shoot them for fun.

The ironic thing is that every time a politician talks about banning "assault weapons" demand goes up by people like me who want to get one while we can. The the ban attempt fails, like all government do-gooderism.

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.
21686420_823286491174798_2917418670360047627_n.png

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.

No, there were hand weapons of mass destruction even in revolutionary days
An assault weapons is a light, short range, but high fire power, for an attack.
The assault weapon of the 1700s was the blunderbuss, also known as a coach gun.

OIP.eQ0lFDzSEkrkrqcodbpteQHaFc

Since is was small and light, you could carry on in each hand, and the flared barrel ensured the widest possible dispersement of the 50 pellets it was loaded with. That could easily kill a dozen people with each shot.

The assault weapon of the Civil War was a pair of revolvers.
That was 12 quick shots before needing to reload.

The assault weapon of WWI was the sawed off Trench Gun, pump shotgun.

The assault weapon of WWII was the M-1 carbine.

What do you use your assault rifle for? Do you hunt with it?

And assault rifle is light and weak so that one can shoot faster, so it is not much good for hunting.
Basically the reason people buy them is they are inexpensive, due to the surplus parts market.
They are primarily used for target shooting only.
But the point really is that governments are always corrupt and become more corrupt over time, so all countries should be preparing for future revolutions. They will always be necessary. No country ever has remained uncorrupt.
I personally feel the US is way over due for a revolution.
We went bad around 1890, and should have started over.
Teddy Roosevelt tried to do some anti-trust legislation, but it really was too late.
The whole Spanish American war was utterly corrupt, and murdered tens of thousands.

No, there were hand weapons of mass destruction even in revolutionary days
An assault weapons is a light, short range, but high fire power, for an attack.
The assault weapon of the 1700s was the blunderbuss, also known as a coach gun.

OIP.eQ0lFDzSEkrkrqcodbpteQHaFc

Since is was small and light, you could carry on in each hand, and the flared barrel ensured the widest possible dispersement of the 50 pellets it was loaded with. That could easily kill a dozen people with each shot.

The assault weapon of the Civil War was a pair of revolvers.
That was 12 quick shots before needing to reload

The assault weapon of WWI was the sawed off Trench Gun, pump shotgun.

The assault weapon of WWII was the M-1 carbine.
That’s an incredibly dubious claim. Easily kill a dozen people? Such bullshit. That weapon was only good for very short range and was incredibly inaccurate at longer ranges.

Either way, you’re still taking about a weapon few would have owned. Not everyone within those colonies even had guns. It’s so ridiculous to compare gun violence then to now. Quit trying.

Actually, I feel the Swiss have nailed it...

So, no one is going to take on the impossible task of explaining the difference between this politically correct name "Assault Rifle" and a "Varmint Rifle"...

Seymour Flops, I sincerely hope you get a legitimate answer...

The varmit rifle is low power like an assault weapon, but generally is single shot.
A varmit rifle likely would have better sights or a scope as well.

That’s an incredibly dubious claim. Easily kill a dozen people? Such bullshit. That weapon was only good for very short range and was incredibly inaccurate at longer ranges.

Either way, you’re still taking about a weapon few would have owned. Not everyone within those colonies even had guns. It’s so ridiculous to compare gun violence then to now. Quit trying.

Assault weapons are also intended for very short range.
Picture swinging over to the enemy ship on a rope and dropping down among a 100 man enemy crew.
You are going to want something that will sweep as many of the enemy off the decks with a single shot, that you can.

My post does not at all fit my premise. My post says that if the founders knew what we did now, they would make the 2nd amendment much more specific and with sensible restrictions because they were not morons like republicans are now. You’re welcome for explaining this to you.
The so called sensible restrictions that only affect law abiding citizens. By the way you should look up the puckle gun it was the first firearm described as a machine gun invented in 1720. The founding fathers where not morons they knew technology would advance and the whole reason for the 2nd is to protect the citizenry from a tyrannical government.

The so called sensible restrictions that only affect law abiding citizens. By the way you should look up the puckle gun it was the first firearm described as a machine gun invented in 1720. The founding fathers where not morons they knew technology would advance and the whole reason for the 2nd is to protect the citizenry from a tyrannical government.
Yep I just did. Let me finish the Wikipedia quote you cherry-picked:

“It was one of the earliest weapons to be referred to as a "machine gun", being called such in a 1722 shipping manifest, though its operation does not match the modern use of the term. It was never used during any combat operation or war. Production was highly limited and may have been as few as two guns.

Yep I just did. Let me finish the Wikipedia quote you cherry-picked:

“It was one of the earliest weapons to be referred to as a "machine gun", being called such in a 1722 shipping manifest, though its operation does not match the modern use of the term. It was never used during any combat operation or war. Production was highly limited and may have been as few as two guns.
It's still an improvement on single shot muzzle loading flintlocks. To say that the 2nd Amendment was only written for flintlocks is blatant ignorance the same as saying the 1st only applies to quill and ink.

Last edited:

There were rapid fire weapons in the 1700s. The Founders who wrote the Second Amendment would have had no problem realizing that semi-automatic firearms would soon be available to civilians. Similar to today when it seems obvious that in a couple of decades most people will be driving electric vehicles.

Last edited:
No kidding, but you failed miserably.

One can hunt deer with an AR15, or target practice with it.

There are millions in circulation. They are not used for killing people.

So, you are clearly incorrect.
Only morons, who can't shoot hunt with an AR-15.

"They aren't used for killing people"?

You are clearly a moron.

Forum List

Back