What is the 'body politic' of 'USMBcom'? Who, what, how - to whom? (da' fiduciary trail ?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahba

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2018
VT & NH
Just some musings over the past several months and how I've noticed some idiosyncrasies pertaining to USMB content... I want to say at the outset; I am appreciative to the moderators of this forum for their oft criticized 'thankless duties' of diligence, in facilitating our discussions. (tks, mods!)

I do, however, feel that certain 'objective' content is "moderated" on a sliding scale of subjectivity & I am disturbed by this!

Shen

Last edited:
I'm going to refrain from answering that, for the time being, to keep this thread from being 'snatched' OUT... lol

Just some musings over the past several months and how I've noticed some idiosyncrasies pertaining to USMB content... I want to say at the outset; I am appreciative to the moderators of this forum for their oft criticized 'thankless duties' of diligence, in facilitating our discussions. (tks, mods!)

I do, however, feel that certain 'objective' content is "moderated" on a sliding scale of subjectivity & I am disturbed by this!
They do the best that they can...got to be a pain to do the job. Must pay 000

Shen
:290968001256257790-final:

Probably I'm just being reactive... The back side of the 'wood shed' is never pleasant but it does get the 'wheels turning', lol.

I think you are looking for benevolent dictatorship.

Now drink your chicken head soup and get ready for rec time.

No! believe me... I want to take this 'muzzle' off but have been put on "warning" ... I'm on proverbial eggshells w/ this USMBsite, while still trying to bring an issue to light...

(well Sheite, I'm an unwitting poet, lol...)

Shen
Be careful of what you ask for. I am sure the USMB needs new moderators and did you just volunteer?

No! believe me... I want to take this 'muzzle' off but have been put on "warning" ... I'm on the proverbial eggshells on this USMBsite while still trying to bring an issue to light...

...so now you violate the don't dicsuss mod rulings rule? I said benevolent dictators, not stupid dictators.

No! believe me... I want to take this 'muzzle' off but have been put on "warning" ... I'm on the proverbial eggshells on this USMBsite while still trying to bring an issue to light...

...so now you violate the don't dicsuss mod rulings rule? I said benevolent dictators, not stupid dictators.
I have to confess that the only rules I actually read were the 'FZ' rules & that was the beginning of this mo. not last year when I joined this message board...

I have to confess that the only rules I actually read were the 'FZ' rules & that was the beginning of this mo. not last year when I joined this message board...

You are suppose to use PMs to ask the mods about an issue. Call out threads are definitely not the way to go. In my case, they'd prefer I stay out of intro threads, which I don't. We have the perfect love/hate marriage.

I'm going to refrain from answering that, for the time being, to keep this thread from being 'snatched' OUT... lol

Since the one "Moderator" seems to have settle down that use to follow me around I haven't noticed too much moderation. I do know there are messages that have been deleted as well as entire conversations that have been deleted for abuse. Now, we both know I can be quite up front but none of my messages for years have been affected. If your messages or your running buddies messages have been deleted (and I suspect they have) then they have been even rougher than I can get and that's pretty rough. I do have a feeling that there have been many messages deleted by 3 of your running mates and they disappear for certain times. Could it be that they are a bit abusive to others?

I enjoy our little spats. Neither of us seem to have stepped over the line yet. Healthy disagreement is a good thing but 3 of your running mates get way out of hand and abusive. And, yes, I have crossed that line a couple of times because they have. I get a warning and I press on being the good little Angel that I really am. And you already know I am not afraid to give it right back openly to the moderators when I feel they are getting out of hand. In 3 days, I kept a moderator busy full time deleting my messages directed at him. That was fun. But the fun ended and I moved on. And he was probably sick of doing deleting my messages. It kept him from monitoring others. But, for the most part, Moderators let me do my thing. But your 3 buddies must not know when to put on the brakes.

You are a RWing. And I have found that a RWinger is more allowed make personal attacks than others. We are NOT supposed to make personal attacks, period. I try not to but when confronted with it, there is no one better at it than I am. I take it to just this side of the limit leaving the Moderator grinding his teeth. You need to get in no rules, knock down, drag out with me some time. But I don't really care to do that with you. Better for us to just disagree and both say why. I think we need to leave it that way and I think the Moderators need to give it a big "Hell Yah".

I'm calling my 'cavalier attitude' in NOT reading the USMB rules rather stupid and short sighted... Goodness knows how fast y'all would deteriorate without my presence... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back