What is "Religion"?

I should also add, that I believe in some one/thing greater than myself ('God' is Love...right?)...that there is a 'spirituality' about me...as far as 'religion'..again, a word man came up with...only to go on to use as a tool to scare and control the masses.

I don't think a religion has to answer the question of origin.

I know that religion doesn't have to answer the question of origins... I just can't think of one that doesn't try. It seems like a central concept underlying all earth religions.

Like I mused... if the story of origins accompanying a given religion sounds like bullshit, how can you trust the description of the God behind it all?

Beyond that, how can one trust a religious description of the afterlife, when the associated story of origins is a sham?

AVG: Beyond that, how can one trust a religious description of the afterlife, when the associated story of origins is a sham?

the OuterWorld of the Everlasting is visible and tangible for all to experience, a part of our daily lives but only certain for as long as the Spirit must rely on its physiological support for its existence.

there is a pricetag to pay to become a planing engineer for the future or for humans a begining at a rank of labour - volcano maintenance as an example.

AVG: Beyond that, how can one trust a religious description of the afterlife, when the associated story of origins is a sham?

the OuterWorld of the Everlasting is visible and tangible for all to experience, a part of our daily lives but only certain for as long as the Spirit must rely on its physiological support for its existence.

there is a pricetag to pay to become a planing engineer for the future or for humans a begining at a rank of labour - volcano maintenance as an example.

"The OuterWorld of the Everlasting"?
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I can't get beyond this bit of fiction to get to the rest of your post.

We may have to agree to disagree on religion. You're not the first...

Somebody once said "Religion is the opium of the people"

I believe in God, I believe in spirituality, I believe in Something greater and wiser than ourselves... what I don't believe in, is in organized religion.

Ok, do you believe in disorganized religion?

I know that religion doesn't have to answer the question of origins... I just can't think of one that doesn't try. It seems like a central concept underlying all earth religions.

Like I mused... if the story of origins accompanying a given religion sounds like bullshit, how can you trust the description of the God behind it all?

Beyond that, how can one trust a religious description of the afterlife, when the associated story of origins is a sham?

First thing, Buddhism and Taoism does not seem to have an origin story behind it.

And second, let us say that the origin story of a religion is such total BS that you can't help but laugh at its basic claims. Does that mean the entire religion is BS? I don't think so.

EDIT--actually, let me correct myself by saying that the entire religion need not be total BS even if the origin story is.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but I can't get beyond this bit of fiction to get to the rest of your post.

vision is fictional ?

we are just talking about everything except one's biological form - the OuterWorld, that is Everlasting.

or you have the brakes for it - oh you're going to die inside yourself - good luck, and your question has meaning ?

vision is fictional ?

we are just talking about everything except one's biological form - the OuterWorld, that is Everlasting.

or you have the brakes for it - oh you're going to die inside yourself - good luck, and your question has meaning ?

Big words are just big words. At the most they're just a bit more descriptive of the item. In this context, it's fiction because it can't be proved or disproved that God exists at all, let alone is 'Everlasting' or can be said to dwell in some sort of 'Outerworld'.

Those expressions are still firmly ensconced in the humble opinion of the writer.

First thing, Buddhism and Taoism does not seem to have an origin story behind it.

And second, let us say that the origin story of a religion is such total BS that you can't help but laugh at its basic claims. Does that mean the entire religion is BS? I don't think so.

EDIT--actually, let me correct myself by saying that the entire religion need not be total BS even if the origin story is.

How can you possibly give any credence to a religion if ANY of the 'sacred' writings behind it are proved to be bullshit?

That makes no sense at all!

Either the Deity described is God All Mighty Himself or the entire story is bullshit with, at best, some sections that make sense in spite of their association with the religion.

vision is fictional ?

Big words are just big words. At the most they're just a bit more descriptive of the item. In this context, it's fiction because it can't be proved or disproved that God exists at all, let alone is 'Everlasting' or can be said to dwell in some sort of 'Outerworld'.

Those expressions are still firmly ensconced in the humble opinion of the writer.

" it's fiction because it can't be proved or disproved that God exists at all, let alone is 'Everlasting' or can be said to dwell in some sort of 'OuterWorld' ".

who's talking about God - ones Vision is of the Outside - without your physiological form what you see continues to exist - the idea is for your Spirit to do the same when your body perishes ...

or no religion (means of escape) your Spirit perishes within your body when the body ceases to function.

the Garden is the physical presence and proof of Gods existence - but is not the mechanism for ones Spirit to escape its physiological form but an ingredient when separation is accomplished in the justification of existence allowed in the OuterWorld of the Everlasting by the Almighty. -

or as you please simply die.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back