What is happening in Kazakhstan?

I don't know why you think Khrushchev won anything. The Soviets withdrew their missiles from Cuba.

Btw, has anyone asked the Cuba government whether they want these missiles now there?
Khrushchev was Eisenhower's henchman. He fought not against the US but against the left in the US. After Eisenhower left, he lost US support and was himself illegally removed in 1964.

I don't know why you think Khrushchev won anything. The Soviets withdrew their missiles from Cuba.
I didn't expect that very many Americans would have eventually been exposed to the truth.
Btw, has anyone asked the Cuba government whether they want these missiles now there?
I don't know for sure if there are any nuclear armed missiles there or not. But there would be little doubt that Cuba's government would be informed if there are. And completely in agreement!

Cuba is cooperating completely with China now and will moreso in the future. I haven't been to Cuba for two years but when I was there it was quite plain to see that China is Cuba's future.

By now it's most likely that America has lost any power it had to negatively influence Cuba.

It is not clear what prevents America from putting its protege on the cube. Cuba is just a small island

I didn't expect that very many Americans would have eventually been exposed to the truth.

I don't know for sure if there are any nuclear armed missiles there or not. But there would be little doubt that Cuba's government would be informed if there are. And completely in agreement!

Cuba is cooperating completely with China now and will moreso in the future. I haven't been to Cuba for two years but when I was there it was quite plain to see that China is Cuba's future.

By now it's most likely that America has lost any power it had to negatively influence Cuba.
We were talking about Russian missiles, not Chinese. I haven't heard about any plans of China to place their missiles there. And have no idea why you switched to this theme.

As a whole, China don't participate in this scuffle between Russia and the West. And I haven't seen any indications yet that it wants to directly engage in it.

We were talking about Russian missiles, not Chinese. I haven't heard about any plans of China to place their missiles there. And have no idea why you switched to this theme.

As a whole, China don't participate in this scuffle between Russia and the West. And I haven't seen any indications yet that it wants to directly engage in it.
You can talk about anything you like, and restrict the conversation in any way you see fit.
Russian ships visit Cuba regularly but I can't say whether or not they are armed with nukes.

Would America object?

Last edited:
You can talk about anything you like, and restrict the conversation in any way you see fit.
Russian ships visit Cuba regularly but I can't say whether or not they are armed with nukes.

Would America object?

Of course these ships didn't have nuclear warheads on board. At first, let's wait what the Cuban government will say. There isn't Fidel Castro around now.

Also, as I said above, the Russians had better not start this game if they don't want to see nuclear missiles in Poland and the Baltics.

Of course these ships didn't have nuclear warheads on board.
You don't know that.
At first, let's wait what the Cuban government will say. There isn't Fidel Castro around now.
The Cuban people are still solidly for their successful revolution. And now that China has upstaged America, there's no way they're going to buckle.
Also, as I said above, the Russians had better not start this game if they don't want to see nuclear missiles in Poland and the Baltics.
The US already started the game and there are plenty of nukes surrounding Russia and China.
What's to stop Russia and/or China from having nukes in Cuba or any other C. American country?

You still don't understand why Kruschev withdrew Russian ships carrying nukes to Cuba. Or why he even got the idea. Ask an educated American who isn't afraid of the truth. All I'm going to tell you is that there was no threat of it starting a nuclear war. There's a clue for you.

You still don't understand why Kruschev withdrew Russian ships carrying nukes to Cuba. Or why he even got the idea. Ask an educated American who isn't afraid of the truth. All I'm going to tell you is that there was no threat of it starting a nuclear war. There's a clue for you
I don't get this. Are you trying to say that the US and USSR didn't stand on the brink of a nuclear war at the times of the Cuban missile crisis?

I don't get this. Are you trying to say that the US and USSR didn't stand on the brink of a nuclear war at the times of the Cuban missile crisis?
Yes, that's what I'm saying and I'm able to come to that conclusion based on knowing the facts of the situation. So get yourself up to date and then get back to me on the real story. Then I'll make some sense to you.

Or don't, it's up to you.

Yes, that's what I'm saying and I'm able to come to that conclusion based on knowing the facts of the situation. So get yourself up to date and then get back to me on the real story. Then I'll make some sense to you.

Or don't, it's up to you.
It seems that your version will extensively contradict what I have read about these things. So, I won't even try.

It seems that your version will extensively contradict what I have read about these things. So, I won't even try.
How disappointing. Google the 'real truth on the Cuban missile crisis' and then get back to me so we can agree on the facts. Or don't.

The Cuban people are still solidly for their successful revolution. And now that China has upstaged America, there's no way they're going to buckle.

Reality is not your strength:

"They are among hundreds of people detained since July 11, when spontaneous street protests in 50 cities saw thousands of people clamoring for change, chanting “Freedom,” “Down with the dictatorship” and “We are hungry.”"

"Protests erupted across Cuba on July 11 and 12 as thousands took to the streets in protest against food shortages, rising prices, and economic hardships. Some also called for a change in government."

Reality is not your strength:

"They are among hundreds of people detained since July 11, when spontaneous street protests in 50 cities saw thousands of people clamoring for change, chanting “Freedom,” “Down with the dictatorship” and “We are hungry.”"

The protests in Cuba amounted to less than a hundred people.
It died away quickly.

The protests in Cuba amounted to less than a hundred people.
It died away quickly.

I gave you 3 different links from news organization outside the U.S. (to avoid you claiming bias) that say differently. Put up your link regarding the number of Cuban protestors or shut up.

Donald, sorry, but you asked to have your head handed to you on this one. Many more than “a hundred people” demonstrated.

Of course that is hardly the whole story. The U.S. media is not honest about today’s Cuba, nor about Latin America in general.

But there is much exhaustion, economic suffering and opposition in Cuba. I oppose the vicious, self-defeating 60-year U.S. policy of sanctions and sabotage toward Cuba —finally loosened by Obama, but then tightened again by Trump and maintained by Biden. With two years of Covid devastating Cuba’s tourism industry (from Europe and Canada), life has been extra hard for Cubans recently.

I gave you 3 different links from news organization outside the U.S. (to avoid you claiming bias) that say differently. Put up your link regarding the number of Cuban protestors or shut up.

I don't know if there is a link available but at the time there was nothing produced that showed large protests against government in Cuba. In fact, there were links produced that were showing anti-US protests that were claimed to be the opposite. Or were protests staged in Florida.

Post the link that you think makes your point the best and I'll look at it. Don't be rude by telling me to shut up.

I don't know if there is a link available but at the time there was nothing produced that showed large protests against government in Cuba. In fact, there were links produced that were showing anti-US protests that were claimed to be the opposite. Or were protests staged in Florida.

Post the link that you think makes your point the best and I'll look at it. Don't be rude by telling me to shut up.

I posted 3 (three) different links that you are welcome to read and quoted from two of the articles to make it easier for you. Either post a link supporting your position or shut up.

I'm not rude I'm just following the rules - the rules of this forum require that you substantiate your claims with links to appropriate sources.

I posted 3 (three) different links that you are welcome to read and quoted from two of the articles to make it easier for you. Either post a link supporting your position or shut up.

I'm not rude I'm just following the rules - the rules of this forum require that you substantiate your claims with links to appropriate sources.

If you're still talking about protests in Cuba?
I can't post a link that shows nothing. No protests took place in Cuba that amounted to any significant size.

Shows Show Only the Shallow

All along it was a political stunt to make JFK look brave and tough after he had chickened out and deserted Cuban patriots, letting them get slaughtered on the beaches of the Bay of Pigs. We had missiles in Turkey as close to Russia as the Cuban missiles were to us. So from the beginning everybody at the top of the US ruling class knew it would be settled by trade-off after the show was over.

The CIA thought they could force JFK to invade Cuba if their Bay of Pigs invasion turned out to be a dud. They were badly mistaken … about everything. The Cuban Revolution was at its most popular in those days and resistance would have been immense if the U.S. itself had actually invaded. Kennedy was wise to refuse to be drawn in.

Such an invasion would have been a disaster for the U.S., with ramifications everywhere in Latin America, in just then decolonializing Africa and in Asia. It would have been a huge gift to the Soviet Union in the Cold War (and in the Middle East) in those days when the USSR was also at it strongest.

It is also wrong that the Cuban Missile Crisis was just “a political stunt to make JFK look brave and tough” … though of course his administration was concerned about his domestic image as well the U.S. international one. It is wrong to think “everyone at the top of the ruling class” had (or ever has) one view of events, or even knows what dangers lurk in their own actions. It is actually scary when they all think alike on international policy — it makes it easier to miscalculate. Indeed, arrogant, unquestioned U.S. policy has caused the U.S. to waste its resources in many foreign adventures.

Today, the risk of accidental major war, even nuclear war, remains, and it can arise through adventurism and miscalculation, even accidentally.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back