What is "Fair" Public School Funding?

Maybe.

Without Rush Limbaugh, maybe W. Bush would not have been president. Without Carter's honest but bizarrely incompentent presidency, maybe Reagan would have never been president. Without Nixon's criminality, maybe the honest but utterly incapable Carter would never have been elected. current events influence future events.

Just out of curiosity, what was crazy about the TEA Party? Please be specific about which crazy policies they advocated. Avoid ad hominem attacks, if you please.

Be specific. Where are we going and why is it bad?

Trump defeating himself seems unlikely. BUt a generic Republican beating him is extremely unlikely, because our primaries don't work that way.

My understanding of UK politics is very limited, so I apologize in advance if I get this wrong: Do they vote for the party and then the party selects the government, either by itself, or in coalition with another party if they only win a plurality?

If we had that here, and people could just vote for "Republican," instead of for an actual Trump opponent, maybe. Maybe . . . but the Party would have to pull a fast one on the voters by installing another leader after Trump voters went out and voted Republican.

The problem is that if the Republicans (and a large number of Democrats) are wrong about cheating influencing elections, then it just means that we will only have confidence when Republicans win, which is not fair to the Democrats (if the majority of Americans are wrong about cheating).

Democracy would still work and we would see the cycle of one party winning, then the other until it became clear that the Democrats don't have a lock by their cheating.

However . . . if the majority are right about cheating, then left unaddressed, the election security weaknesses will allow Democrats to win elections without compromising with the Republicans, and without needing to care that their worst excesses will offend even Democrat voters.

Voting will be meaningless.

Agreed.

Yes, current events can change who the president will be. The point with Trump isn't that Trump was the president, but that whacked out politics got Trump to the Presidency.

What's crazy about the Tea Party? Uh oh.
Mostly that Tea Party supporters are people who are uninformed. They "know" things. They don't research them, they just "know", it pops into their brains and they don't bother to figure out whether it's real or not.

For example, they attacked Obama for supposedly not being American.

They opposed giving money to help the economy get back on its feet in the wake of the 2008 crisis. I understand why they would do this. The whole "people need to be responsible for their actions" is understandable. However had the Tea Party been running the country in 2008-2012, the country would probably have died. You can't just let many huge companies die in the middle of the second worst recession. The US would still be suffering now had they done this.

Sarah Palin epitomized the whole movement, she ran as VP and she didn't have a clue about how to run a country. She just sits there and sees an issue and thinks "that sounds good, let's do it", instead of understanding the complex nature of what's going on.

Where is the US going?

It's going crazy. Imagine your refrigerator breaks. You go out and call the auto shop and get the mechanic to come in and fix your fridge. It might work. Probably won't.

That's what I see happening in the US right now.

The people are voting. They voting based on what they are being told. And what they're being told is complete nonsense. They're voting negatively, they're voting against the party they think is the worst. Not for which party they think is the best.

The politicians are getting elected on this, and know this is the key. The Republicans said, after their victory in the House elections, that the MOST IMPORTANT THING for them was to go see what the President's son is up to.

Imagine, Democrats impeach Trump twice. Republicans would probably impeach Biden if they had the Senate. Then what happens. The next president comes along and is going to get impeached. Why? Because it's revenge. And revenge will breed revenge. Congress will spend most of its time dealing with this infighting, rather than trying to run a country.

Kanye "am I mentally stable" West ran twice for VP in 2020, not surprisingly he lost both of them. But he wants to run again, but this time for President. Whether he or some other celebrity gets the Republican nomination, then what? Trump was bad enough, but Trump has certain capabilities even if a complete lack of political knowledge. Literally everyone is waiting for the Apocalypse president to come along.

Trump has done exceedingly badly in the midterms, those he supported did worse than could have been expected.

Trump lost 3 out of 6 for the senate.

J.D. Vance won in Ohio with 53.2%. Republicans won that seat with 58% in 2016. 56.8% in 2010, 63.9% in 2004.

Ted Budd won in North Carolina with 50.5%. Republicans won with 51% in 2016, 54.8% in 2010, 51.6% in 2004

He won the toss up in Wisconsin with 50.5%, more than 2016, but less than 2010 and they lost it in 2004.

He lost Pennsylvania, first time Republicans haven't held that seat since the 1962 election.

Lost in Arizona too, another seat that was Republican from 1962 until Trump came along.

In the UK they vote for a constituency candidate, like in the US, but the leader of the country comes from the party with the most votes (or who is able to form a government).

It's FPTP, not that good hence why Boris Johnson was leader for a while.

You know the whole "electoral fraud" is designed just to manipulate people, right? They're doing it to spread a negative message about the Democrats, it's that thing again of just hoping people see the other party as more negative than their own party.

Yes, current events can change who the president will be. The point with Trump isn't that Trump was the president, but that whacked out politics got Trump to the Presidency.

What's crazy about the Tea Party? Uh oh.
Mostly that Tea Party supporters are people who are uninformed. They "know" things. They don't research them, they just "know", it pops into their brains and they don't bother to figure out whether it's real or not.

For example, they attacked Obama for supposedly not being American.
So no policies you can name that were crazy? Just ad hominem, as usual?
They opposed giving money to help the economy get back on its feet in the wake of the 2008 crisis. I understand why they would do this. The whole "people need to be responsible for their actions" is understandable. However had the Tea Party been running the country in 2008-2012, the country would probably have died. You can't just let many huge companies die in the middle of the second worst recession. The US would still be suffering now had they done this.

Oh, there is a policy. Not printing hundreds of billions of dollars to give to companies like Solyndra? If we had not done that, the country would have "died?"

Do you understand what printing money like that out of thin air does to the existing money in people's paychecks, and that it is a hidden tax?
Sarah Palin epitomized the whole movement, she ran as VP and she didn't have a clue about how to run a country. She just sits there and sees an issue and thinks "that sounds good, let's do it", instead of understanding the complex nature of what's going on.
More ad hominem.
Where is the US going?

It's going crazy. Imagine your refrigerator breaks. You go out and call the auto shop and get the mechanic to come in and fix your fridge. It might work. Probably won't.

That's what I see happening in the US right now.
Yes, under Biden. But it would help if you would be more specific about what is going wrong with Biden's America.
The people are voting. They voting based on what they are being told. And what they're being told is complete nonsense. They're voting negatively, they're voting against the party they think is the worst. Not for which party they think is the best.

The politicians are getting elected on this, and know this is the key. The Republicans said, after their victory in the House elections, that the MOST IMPORTANT THING for them was to go see what the President's son is up to.
No, they did not. That was not the MOST IMPORTANT THING for them to do, and you cannot quote me any Republican saying so. It's the most important thing that the Democrats want to avoid. Your media - not Republicans - told you that it was the most important thing for Republicans, and you swallowed it because it was what you wanted to hear.
Imagine, Democrats impeach Trump twice. Republicans would probably impeach Biden if they had the Senate. Then what happens. The next president comes along and is going to get impeached. Why? Because it's revenge. And revenge will breed revenge. Congress will spend most of its time dealing with this infighting, rather than trying to run a country.
Good point, but the more the congress tries to "run the country," the worse off the people are, so I'd rather them be impeaching. The Trump impeachments, and the hearings on the failed Meuller Investigation were hilarious. Operation "Get Trump" fell flat on its face.

You would have fit right in as a witness in the first impeachment. Several of the witnesses admitted that they had no factual knowledge of anything. They were mid-level people who were only there to give their ad hominem opinion of Trump, and to complain that he replaced their foreign policy with his own, just because he had been elected president. You could have done that, you know as much as they knew.

The Dems had a lawyer who questioned witnesses and then testified as a "witness." As a process, that was an abomination, but it added to the fun, so I didn't care.
Kanye "am I mentally stable" West ran twice for VP in 2020, not surprisingly he lost both of them. But he wants to run again, but this time for President. Whether he or some other celebrity gets the Republican nomination, then what? Trump was bad enough, but Trump has certain capabilities even if a complete lack of political knowledge. Literally everyone is waiting for the Apocalypse president to come along.
I'm sure Kanye becoming president would be horrible. I doubt that it is likely enough to worry about, but feel free.
Trump has done exceedingly badly in the midterms, those he supported did worse than could have been expected.

Trump lost 3 out of 6 for the senate.

J.D. Vance won in Ohio with 53.2%. Republicans won that seat with 58% in 2016. 56.8% in 2010, 63.9% in 2004.

Ted Budd won in North Carolina with 50.5%. Republicans won with 51% in 2016, 54.8% in 2010, 51.6% in 2004

He won the toss up in Wisconsin with 50.5%, more than 2016, but less than 2010 and they lost it in 2004.

He lost Pennsylvania, first time Republicans haven't held that seat since the 1962 election.

Lost in Arizona too, another seat that was Republican from 1962 until Trump came along.
84% of the people that Trump endorsed won their races.

Fact.
In the UK they vote for a constituency candidate, like in the US, but the leader of the country comes from the party with the most votes (or who is able to form a government).
Oh, I get it. I was wondering how Bobby Sands became an MP, but that makes sense. Thanks.
It's FPTP, not that good hence why Boris Johnson was leader for a while.
I don't know much about Johnson, except that he reminds me of the PM in one of the more disgusting episodes of "Black Mirror."
You know the whole "electoral fraud" is designed just to manipulate people, right? They're doing it to spread a negative message about the Democrats, it's that thing again of just hoping people see the other party as more negative than their own party.
It is factual that the Democrats oppose measures to make cheating more difficult. Obviously, the election of Trump convinced many Democrats that Americans suck at voting, so they are fine with voting becoming meaningless.

Many of our founders also questioned the wisdom of letting the masses vote, so they restricted voting to white male landowners. Democrats are only taking that another step by allowing everyone to vote equally, but some more equally than others.

Last edited:
Sorry, IF you own real estate, you will pay taxes.
There is no 'opting out' unless you sell your property.

What do State and Local Taxes pay for:

State and local spending keeps communities running, whether through funding to repair local public schools and pay teachers, roads, run police and fire departments, provide housing subsidies to low-income families, help seniors pay utility bills, libraries, or operate other programs.

Forum List

Back