What is Behind the Black Boycott of the Oscars?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
It seems very strange to me that one of the most politically correct left wing dominated organizations in the U.S. has chosen this year to exclude Black actors from its list of Oscar nominees. Do you think it might have anything to do with the upcoming elections? Doesn't this stir up Black voters by reminding them of the pervasive racism that lurks behind every corner? Is it just a coincidence?

Personally, I don't think the Clinton machine leaves anything to chance. (Remember the photo-op of Bill and Hillary dancing on the beach?) Who do you think Hollywood wants to see as our next President?

Seem as though staring bug-eyed at the camera and screaming "muthafucka" has run its course.

I'd have to say disappointment and slowly dawning realization.
No Asians, Hispanics, Indians, etc up for those awards either. You don't see them up in arms.
You must be confused or ignorant of the facts. Of course they complain. Its only a problem and makes white people news when Black people complain.
Oh you poor thing
I'm actually set financially. What did that have to do with your ignorance on the subject of other ethnicities complaining about the lack awards/roles given to non white actors?

Look at oldschool straightening out his wrist!
Get em' Tiger!
If someone's being stupid I call them out for it. It's not my fault usually it's republicans.
You didnt call yourself out. You pretended other races never complained but you were wrong.
How many famous hispanics are calling for a boycott of the Oscars because there are no hispanics?

Why do they need to be famous? You didnt include that the first time.

Get em' Tiger!
If someone's being stupid I call them out for it. It's not my fault usually it's republicans.
You didnt call yourself out. You pretended other races never complained but you were wrong.
How many famous hispanics are calling for a boycott of the Oscars because there are no hispanics?

Hey a black guy is hosting the Oscars. Why not a hispanic? I'm offended and calling foe USMB to boycott.

Get em' Tiger!

Hey a black guy is hosting the Oscars. Why not a hispanic? I'm offended and calling foe USMB to boycott.
Probably because no one heard the hispanics complaining last year. if their complaints were broadcast as news then they would be hosting the Oscars. Its just a fix so Black people will be mollified and watch the Oscars.

My guess is that none of the performances were particularly noteworthy. It's not a award for being black, it's an award for being the best in the world at that particular moment in time. Denzel has been nominated six times and won twice because he's damned great actor. Sam Jackson is another great actor and why he has only been nominated once is beyond me.

Forum List

Back