What if Hobby Lobby was run by Muslims imposing Sharia law on workers?

Amazing the tortuous logic that Liberals will use to get their views mandated.

Neither accessibility nor availability of any product was denied.

What's the beef?

Hobby Lobby attacked the pocketbook that protects women's vaginas. That's the best I can come up with. :lol:

To the OP.

There are muslim businesses that impose muslim practices on their employees. All of their employees are muslims.

Why would a non-muslim want to work for a muslim employer?

Your OP is foolish. Plus you have no idea what the SCOTUS ruling was all about.

Muslim owns a small engine repair shop near me in semi rural Ga.
All of his employees are not Muslim except his wife who also works full time there and son part time.
He closes for all Christian holidays.
Non Muslims want to work there because the Muslim pays them.

Maybe it's true. Maybe the radical left really doesn't know the difference between the 1st Amendment freedom of religion and Sharia law.

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's apples to apples - Sharia Law, Christian rules, Scietologist policy---- all APPLES.

Try not to be so fucking stupid when posting in my threads.

Apples? It's your comparison not mine. What if the federal government forced Muslem owned companies to supply their workers with bacon sandwiches every day? Would that be a violation of their religious freedom? The point is that the radical left doesn't understand the concept of freedom. The Supreme Court affirmed the fact that the government can't force people to purchase a product that violates their religious beliefs. It didn't say that people couldn't have certain contraceptives that might cause the death of unborn humans. It simply said that companies don't have to pay for them.

Amazing the tortuous logic that Liberals will use to get their views mandated.

Neither accessibility nor availability of any product was denied.

What's the beef?

Hobby Lobby attacked the pocketbook that protects women's vaginas. That's the best I can come up with. :lol:

did they really

the governments position during oral

was that hobby lobby should be forced into this

because they always have the other option

to cancel all of the insurance policies

and just pay the fine

What if the Hobby Lobby decision had overwhelming approval from the public?

Poll: Voters Support Hobby Lobby Decision by 10-Point Margin | The Weekly Standard

No matter how much democrats say that this decision allows the company to deny birth control to the employees, the public recognizing that this is a lie.

Try to stay on topic dopey.

This has NOTHING to do with my OP.

The OP starts out with a lie. Religious beliefs are imposed on employees by religious employers all the time. Every day. The Hobby Lobby case does not deny birth control to anyone, regardless of religious belief. Fortunately the public knows that the complainers are lying.

Every non muslim that works for a muslim owned restaurant has religious beliefs imposed on them. All Christian businesses that are closed on Sunday are imposing religious beliefs on their employees. Muslim businesses that are closed Friday but open Sunday are imposing their religion on Christians.

Hobby Lobby pays more than the norm in their industry and offers far more benefits than the norm.
16 of the 20 approved contraceptives in ACA are still available to the employees in the HL plan.
And most importantly NOTHING STOPS ANY HOBBY LOBBY EMPLOYEE from going out and buying any of the other 4 at a drug store themselves OR adding to the coverage and paying for it themselves.
This is what happens when government mandates what employers have to offer as benefits to employees.
ACA has fucked everything up for us employers.

Your boss is not your doctor. Your boss is not your spiritual advisor. This whole notion of employer-provided medical insurance is nuts. It is a relic of WWII and the Kaiser shipyards. Get rid of it! Learn from Canada. Wise up!

Easy solution to this:
Go back to when it was when if I pay for an employee's health insurance and care I MAKE THE DECISION WHAT THEY GET.
Very simple.

yeah, comparing apples to cinder blocks is a real gotcha.

fail #1 -

under the 1st amendment - they are both equal.

Try again.

:lmao:

You're farkin' stupid, fella. You actually think that an employer has the right to force a religious belief onto people, and that this compares with an employers legal responsibility to provide items that are in direct opposition to the companies belief? No one from Hobby Lobby is stopping people from getting those items if they want them at the employee level. They simply will not cover it. Yet you, the liberal left, actually think that this compares with forcing sharia law onto employees?

Brain leaking from the ear type stupid.

OPINION:
the only thing an employer is required to provide is water, toilet paper and hand soap :up:

Your boss is not your doctor. Your boss is not your spiritual advisor. This whole notion of employer-provided medical insurance is nuts. It is a relic of WWII and the Kaiser shipyards. Get rid of it! Learn from Canada. Wise up!

and have the government be my doctor ? No thanks.

Group health insurance paid for by a 3rd party has ruined American health care.
Medical industry runs the tab up on it and the administrative costs alone with the commissions on the insurance total more than 20% of the cost out the gate.
ACA is just more of the same with more government.
God help us. ACA is the least thought out government mandate I have ever seen.

FWIW, I am headed to Hobby Lobby today to buy some foam for a project...but I'm sure to purchase something else just as a thank you for all the heartburn and insomnia they have caused liberals this week. :)

Anyone that will buy the left's talking points on this that "the decision bans women from making family decisions on contraceptives" is a DUMB ASS or a LIAR or both.
Considering the language in the Religious Freedom Religious Act, Slick Willie Boom's love fest legislation for his re-election tour, I am very surprised the vote was not 9-0.

Bottom line from the former maniac coming off the end:
IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE HEALTH CARE PLAN I OFFER YOU THEN BUY YOUR OWN.

That is the way it needs to go back to.

It seems anyway they can smear Hobby lobby they intend to do it

the lefts war on us and our freedoms continues

There already are businesses that Muslim's own and they are allowed to incorporate their religion.

There are also businesses owned by the Amish and other religions that are exempt from many government requirements.

Last edited:
I would imagine that if Hobby Lobby were given the option to opt out of ACA as others were we wouldn't have to be dealing with this issue.

Forum List

Back