What Have They Really Won?

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
What Have They Really Won?

Mark Macina
11/7/12

A temporary reprieve, that's what. I am reading a lot of doom and gloom in the posts and comments on American Thinker this morning. Yes, yes I know -- four more years of Obama. That does stink. But, has Obama really won anything permanent? I would argue that he has not. Let me go into some of the reasons why. I will address the obvious worries of my fellow American Thinker readers one-by-one.

Obama will turn the US into an entitlement state

The U.S. was an entitlement state long before Obama. He only accelerated the process. However, in doing so, he also accelerated the pace of cities and municipalities acknowledging the budget shortfalls they had been hiding for decades. Now they are falling like dominoes and he is powerless to stop it. He is also powerless to stop governors like Scott Walker from enacting reforms that bring real prosperity. The media will not be able to hide this forever. It is too close to home or coming soon to a city near you.

The Democrats will have a permanent majority

Sure, they will. Some of us seem to have forgotten the wave of correction in November of 2010. Think of the disgust after four more years of unwillingness to get government out of the way of the private sector and blaming Bush for businesses sitting on their cash. The Democrats will have to move forward after Obama and that will be a tough sell after nearly a decade of stagnation.

---

Read more: Blog: What Have They Really Won?

Forum List

Back