What happens if Trump loses the 2020 election and refuses to concede?

There is no need for a concession in the Constitution.
Trump's term ends at noon on 1/20/21
End of story, Biden gets sworn in and goes to the WH.
There is no news or controversy here.

Maybe the left is dreaming of the Secret Service dragging Trump out of the WH kicking and screaming?
Never happen. Trump is a realist.
Trump will go out to play golf and find out they changed the locks in the White House
Half-right. Trump will go and play golf and stay at Mara-Lago, he's done slumming in DC, his great work is complete.
Trump brought "populism" to DC pols who prefer globalism and big cash donations.
You should check out the big money fueling and entities pushing the populism movements too.... So your eyes are wide open....
You are a blithering idiot if you believe that Trump should allow this blatant theft of a joke of an election to oust him without fighting it to the very end. Pedo Joe will never be accepted as president by tens of millions of people. There will be no "uniting" whatsoever. Trump, at the VERY least has proven that there is a shadow government that uses their deep state operatives to keep the status quo.....ain't no fucking doubt about that one. The veil has been lifted and what we have found is that this corrupt, corporate entity we call 'government" is a fucking joke in search of a punchline.

You are a blithering idiot if you believe that Trump should allow this blatant theft of a joke of an election to oust him without fighting it to the very end. Pedo Joe will never be accepted as president by tens of millions of people. There will be no "uniting" whatsoever. Trump, at the VERY least has proven that there is a shadow government that uses their deep state operatives to keep the status quo.....ain't no fucking doubt about that one. The veil has been lifted and what we have found is that this corrupt, corporate entity we call 'government" is a fucking joke in search of a punchline.
Trump is not leaving office due to this massive fraud.

He is not a coward like most GOP Establishment cucks.

This is an interesting read for me, as it's all new to me.

One thing I will say, the GOP don't realize how precarious they are as a Party. Trump expanded his base and is supportive of the working man, the GOP is not. At least not entirely. We know who the RINOs are, they aren't interested in anything but having a career in politics and buying a nice home on the waterfront, as some politicians have.

Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden is knocking on the door of the White House, sitting just shy of the 270 electoral votes needed to win — but what happens if President Trump loses and refuses to concede?

When Inauguration Day rolls around on Jan. 20, if Trump has exhausted his legal challenges and physically refuses to leave the White House premises, Biden said in June that he was “absolutely convinced” the military would remove Trump “with great dispatch.”

But Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told NPR last month that he intends to keep the military out of any election disputes.

“This isn’t the first time that someone has suggested that there might be a contested election,” he told the outlet. “And if there is, it’ll be handled appropriately by the courts and by the US Congress. There’s no role for the US military in determining the outcome of a US election. Zero. There is no role there.”
If Trump isn't re-elected, then as of noon Jan 20, he will have no more right to be in the WH than any other uninvited guest. The Military doesn't handle this, the Secret Service does.

This entire issue is made up. If Trump isn't re-elected, he will leave, just like every other President has. Bill Clinton hung around until about 3pm, for reasons that were never clear, but no one freaked out, and he finally left.

A better question is: what happens if Joe Biden gets indicted by the FBI for money laundering based on Hunter's laptop and the whistle-blower? 3-months is a long time until the inauguration. A lot can happen on the way to the WH.

Trump is leaving because he was soundly defeated

Four years ago, Republicans were outraged because Hillary waited until the following morning to make her concession speech.

Now, Trump is losing by a wider margin than Hillary lost and is stubbornly refusing to concede

"Trump is leaving because he was soundly cheated".....

There, fixed that for ya. You leftards have GOT to stop depending on me to fix your fuck-ups. I am not always going to be around to pick up after you. Get it together, dumb ass......

sigh, I am generous to a fault......

Four years ago, Republicans were outraged because Hillary waited until the following morning to make her concession speech.

Now, Trump is losing by a wider margin than Hillary lost and is stubbornly refusing to concede
BWAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Trump going to show the class that Hillary did in conceding?

"Trump is leaving because he was soundly cheated".....

There, fixed that for ya. You leftards have GOT to stop depending on me to fix your fuck-ups. I am not always going to be around to pick up after you. Get it together, dumb ass......

sigh, I am generous to a fault......
Look Dale! Chem Trails!

Like most of the wild conspiracies you believe, this one is baseless

Is Trump going to show the class that Hillary did in conceding?
There is a reason as to why you are considered this forum's "jester". You have earned that reputation....the funny part is I bet a dime to a dollar that you posted that with a straight face....a straight face with a Neanderthal sloped skull...

Go, Team Leftard!!!!! WOOO-FAH!!!!

(snicker)

There is a reason as to why you are considered this forum's "jester". You have earned that reputation....the funny part is I bet a dime to a dollar that you posted that with a straight face....a straight face with a Neanderthal sloped skull...

Go, Team Leftard!!!!! WOOO-FAH!!!!

(snicker)

I don't know, there have been a lot of people throwing their hat in the ring as wanting to be the court jester around here.
Still ... I think rightwinger can pull a Nancy and hold on for a little while longer ... :thup:

I doubt Trump will ever concede

Really won’t matter, he is out on Jan 20

You didn't read the article then. This goes to the House with Pence and government.

the US Constitution:

AMENDMENT XX

Passed by Congress March 2, 1932. Ratified January 23, 1933.

Note: Article I, section 4, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of this amendment. In addition, a portion of the 12th amendment was superseded by section 3.

Section 1.

The terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Section 3.

If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified;

[ can you say president kamala harris ? ]

and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

Section 4.

The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.
The Constitution: Amendments 11-27

the senate cannot choose anyone that the house of reps didn't put forth.

seems that rupert murdoch's rag mag is wrong.

Start a little war. Biden will say'fuck this.I'm staying home".Trump 2020/Freedumb ! I vote for an invasion of Iran and Syria. More jobs ! Those pussy Russians wont get involved :stir:

Trump will never admit that he lost but will eventually concede with a provision that he was cheated.

Right now, his strategy is built around the assumption that the courts owe him a favor. That when he calls on the courts to repay him, that they will agree with any wild claims of conspiracy that he brings them.

I think the courts will send him packing. They are not willing to surrender their integrity to Trump

Trump will never admit that he lost but will eventually concede with a provision that he was cheated.

Right now, his strategy is built around the assumption that the courts owe him a favor. That when he calls on the courts to repay him, that they will agree with any wild claims of conspiracy that he brings them.

I think the courts will send him packing. They are not willing to surrender their integrity to Trump

yep, donny will 'settle' just like he always has; after much bluster & bitching how he was wronged.

The prisoners should have boycotted screenal space before election day, right after they voted. Watching tv is not your answer. Taking the game into three real-time dimensions, a politician's new home on the waterfront should likely prompt the attention of reactive forces similar to b.l.m.'s Mandingo threat, a threat designed to trouble the night of white boys and girls. One answer to the immaterial substance of voter fraud, could be a continuing particular targeting of the American infrastructure. If not physical, may certainly include boycott and exclusionary trajectories on the part of fraud victims. The media can say there's no evidence. That ay not matter, because Americans no longer trust that mafia, that crime family. Dem propaganda has been so oedipal, so familially oedipal.

It is very simple: It is becoming obvious that Biden is winning because of massive election fraud--backdated ballots, illegally extended voting deadlines, mail-in ballots being counted past the legal deadline, observers being kicked out of voting centers, voting centers covering their windows so no one can see what they're doing, etc., etc. Trump should not concede until those illegal actions are reversed.

Forum List

Back