What firearm would you take if something goes "bump in the night"?

What kind of firearm would you use to check out a "bump in the night"?

• Rifle

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Handgun

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Sig p229 .40

You happy with that Sig? I got an S/W and it sux.

I don't have it. But I would take that. I shot it and I like the weight, the close range power is effective.

I've seen many people use the 226 too.

But Sig Sauer is a good brand.

Thanks. I gave my 9mm S/W 6904 to the kid for wedding gift. It was a dandy.
So I looked at .40s and went cheap. And I got cheap.

My brother is the high-dollar gunner and I've shot his collection. There is a difference.

You happy with that Sig? I got an S/W and it sux.

I don't have it. But I would take that. I shot it and I like the weight, the close range power is effective.

I've seen many people use the 226 too.

But Sig Sauer is a good brand.

Thanks. I gave my 9mm S/W 6904 to the kid for wedding gift. It was a dandy.
So I looked at .40s and went cheap. And I got cheap.

My brother is the high-dollar gunner and I've shot his collection. There is a difference.

You're talking about the Smith and Wesson right?

It's money, but worth it.

Which sig did you get? I shot .45s with it too.

hellokittyshotgun.jpg

They' ll die laughing.

I see shotgun is the poll winner so far. I suppose a .38 under the mattress AND a shottie in the closet is workable.

Why I like the Judge: .410 shotgun shell with 00 shot in a handgun = concealment and devestation without the need to be accurate

Each type of firearm has it's pros and cons.

Shotgun

The most powerful firearm. However, it's relatively long and can be difficult getting around corners. Because of the length it is the most vulnerable to be taken away from you.

It's also the most versatile. It can shoot from slugs to birdshot.

Rifle

My rifle is an AR-15. It's long as well, but not as long a the shotgun. Also my shotguns are pumps which makes it harder to get a follow up shot.

My AR also has an EOtech site which makes it easier to hit the target than a shotgun.

The AR ammo capacity is much larger than the shotgun. The magazines have a capacity of 30 rounds.

Handgun

A handgun is the easiest type of all the firearms to maneuver since it's relatively small.

However, it's not nearly as powerful as a shotgun or rifle. This makes a difference if the home invader(s) have guns as well.

I haven't voted. I'ms still torn.

Mossy 500 tactical.
^^^^ This.

Got one myself.

I have a Mossberg, and if I have enough time, I'd grab it, but the damned thing won't fit in the drawer in my night stand. The .357 has a home there.

Just remember, you have to be able to get to your personal defense weapon before you can use it to defend yourself.
If I hear a "bump in the night", my plan is not to go investigate it. My plan is to wake up, grab the gun from under my bed, rack one into the chamber with the pump - what a lovely sound that is - then close my bedroom door, call 911 on speaker, then yell: "I have been broken into, I am in my bedroom armed with a gun, and will shoot the next person who walks through the door."

This way I just stay and hold my position, cops are on the way and know where I am in the house and that I am armed. I really don't want to shoot anyone so I won't go looking for them. But, I want the intruder to know what will happen if they want to come after me - and that I am not bluffing.

The problem is that I have investigated all bumps of the night none of them have not been intruders.

Therefore I am reluctant to call the police for just hearing strange sounds.

The problem is that I have investigated all bumps of the night none of them have not been intruders.

Therefore I am reluctant to call the police for just hearing strange sounds.
If it's enough to scare me, I'll call the cops.

I have yet to have any sound (except for the actual break in I had) make me suspect a break in.

See, that break in I had (2007 or 2008...can't recall) sort of creeped me out, so for the first time in my life, I decided to arm myself.

I was in my townhouse at that time. Luckily I had a case of insomnia and was already awake when it happened. The perp shattered my lowest level sliding door at 4 AM. I was already in my kitchen (middle level) making breakfast. My two dogs (Basset and English Setter at that time...RIP both of them, now :() started growling and by the time I turned around to tell them to shush, the crash of the shatter happened and they both went tearing downstairs. I was on the phone with 911 in a flash. The asshole ran away, thanks to my dogs.

Bottom line, two medium to large sized dogs are THE best for home protection. But, I never wanted to feel that vulnerable again.

I heard some odd rattling around in the basement one evening. Took pistol, dog followed.
It was strange that dog wasn't concerned. Sure enough there's Mrs. H. playing tricks. She laughed.
I chewed her out, pistol in hand. Not funny.

I always reach for my official Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time

"Ole Blue" hasn't failed me yet

Forum List

Back