What exactly is the Democrats' reasoning when they oppose requiring voter ID as racism?

Is the government racist for requiring black people to provide proof of citizenship in order to obtain a passport? To provide a government issued photo ID to board a plane?

Apples and oranges fallacy.

I don't understand...I've lived in the South all my life and have always had to show ID to vote....

Missouri Voter ID Laws
When you visit the polling booth on the day of the election, you must present 1 document to prove your identity

Missouri Rep. John Joseph Rizzo's relatives admit to voter fraud
Missouri Rep. John Joseph Rizzo said Friday that he won’t resign despite an admission by two relatives that they provided false addresses in order to vote in his razor-close 2010 primary.

So much for the effectiveness of Voter ID at preventing the types of voter fraud which occur!

Liberals are fine with requiring identification to vote. Just as long as everyone who is a citizen and is 18 years of age is provided with said ID free of charge and free of any inconvenience whatsoever.

The idea that there is in-person voter fraud is unsubstantiated. It feeds nutters who thrive on fear and mistrust.

NY state has FREE photo ID's that are given at the DMV...cost NOTHING, no reason THAT can't be done everywhere, you just NEED TO VERIFY who you are!

If you don't have acceptable documentation. Will they help you get it?

Liberals are fine with requiring identification to vote. Just as long as everyone who is a citizen and is 18 years of age is provided with said ID free of charge and free of any inconvenience whatsoever.

The idea that there is in-person voter fraud is unsubstantiated. It feeds nutters who thrive on fear and mistrust.

NY state has FREE photo ID's that are given at the DMV...cost NOTHING, no reason THAT can't be done everywhere, you just NEED TO VERIFY who you are!

If you don't have acceptable documentation. Will they help you get it?

No, what are liberals completely helpless without the government holding their hands?

I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

Allowing everyone and anyone to vote literally means allowing everyone and anyone to vote.

Forum List

Back