What exactly is the Democrats' reasoning when they oppose requiring voter ID as racism?

I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

OK...I'll try

Surveys have shown large percentages of blacks do not have appropriate ID or documentation that would support obtaining ID. There is nothing indicating they are not legal voters
Blocking those voters from the polls will result In a 2-3% shift intend polls. Enough to influence many elections

An estimated 81,983 voters in South Carolina do not possess a government-issued photo ID, mainly because of missing or inaccurate personal documents. These are mostly elderly, black longtime residents.

I'll make an offer. Provide documentation to 99% of the voters and then you can require it

can you show us that elderly, white long term residents are not effected too or that the law states that only black people should have voter ID there strawman?

Will new photo ID laws keep down the black vote in the South - Investigations

I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

OK...I'll try

Surveys have shown large percentages of blacks do not have appropriate ID or documentation that would support obtaining ID. There is nothing indicating they are not legal voters
Blocking those voters from the polls will result In a 2-3% shift intend polls. Enough to influence many elections

An estimated 81,983 voters in South Carolina do not possess a government-issued photo ID, mainly because of missing or inaccurate personal documents. These are mostly elderly, black longtime residents.

I'll make an offer. Provide documentation to 99% of the voters and then you can require it

can you show us that elderly, white long term residents are not effected too or that the law states that only black people should have voter ID there strawman?

So your saying blacks are lazy and stupid for not correcting errors on their SS, and drivers licenses for years, sometimes longer! We KNOW you liberals TRY to keep blacks down, continue the lies about ID, & apparently you're afraid they might start to vote Republican!

OK...I'll try

So your saying blacks are lazy and stupid for not correcting errors on their SS, and drivers licenses for years, sometimes longer! We KNOW you liberals TRY to keep blacks down, continue the lies about ID, & apparently you're afraid they might start to vote Republican!
No

I am saying Republicans are corrupt and will do anything they can to prevent the public from voting. That includes increasingly difficult documentation, reducing voting hours, cutting voting down to one day and increasingly complex and confusing ballots

OK...I'll try

No

I am saying Republicans are corrupt and will do anything they can to prevent the public from voting. That includes increasingly difficult documentation, reducing voting hours, cutting voting down to one day and increasingly complex and confusing ballots

So, as I said, you are claiming blacks are LAZY and Stupid, thanks for doubling down on that assertion!...Bookmarked as a bigot! Damn boy, whites do it, they aren't any smarter than blacks, but apparently YOU believe blacks are inferior!

Blacks don't seem to have any problem providing ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, sign up for welfare, get a fishing license, board a plane or train, shall I continue?
Then let them use that I'd that they may have used and don't force them to get your Gestapo govt Papers.

And if they don't need a govt issued photo I'd in their lives now, why can't they simply continue their lives the way they are right now? What is your AGENDA? What is your purpose for this bigger, more INTRUSIVE Govt???????

It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the virtually nonexistent voter fraud that takes place at the polling booth because someone used your name and address to vote in your place.... Sheesh!!!

The fact remains you can't board a plane without a photo ID yet for some weird reason liberals freak out at the suggestion a photo ID be required to vote and determine the destiny of the nation.

OK...I'll try

not one person has been disenfranchised by the law, Prove otherwise. crack pot theories are unacceptable as evidence

OK...I'll try

No

So, as I said, you are claiming blacks are LAZY and Stupid, thanks for doubling down on that assertion!...Bookmarked as a bigot! Damn boy, whites do it, they aren't any smarter than blacks, but apparently YOU believe blacks are inferior!

No

I am saying that Republicans are American hating fucks who are outraged at the idea of common people voting

OK...I'll try

No

democrats are corrupt and will do anything to have non-citizens , dead people and voting more than once

Well just look at this sign from the last DNC convention.....

th

No

No

I am saying that Republicans are American hating fucks who are outraged at the idea of common people voting

Look at all those COMMON PEOPLE from your article in the Carolina's....just as many poor whites as blacks, BUT that doesn't fit YOUR BIGOTRY and agenda... You made the statements that blacks are lazy and stupid, as whites can fill out forms, and get proper ID, why not blacks?...You already told us...lazy and stupid!

Didn't he attack the Republicans and campaign for his fellow Negro, the Obomanation?.... We are going to pay attention to a traitor, and a RACE BAITER?
Come on Squaw, you're getting more desperate with every post... What a dipshit!

Oh well, the pay is still good...

The DNC looks at this shit, and they'll can your ass as being unproductive, and easily slapped down by your better!....Little old lady, take up sewing, you'll be better at that than politics!

Signatures have worked for two hundred years.

Now, Republicans need to create some phony crisis to block legitimate voters

ID is required for just about everything, but YOu state that blacks are too lazy and stupid to get a ID that MOST WHITES take the time to get.... You are such a bigot, a LIAR, and just plain stupid for continuing to be bitch slapped with each of your post.... YOU can't have a smile like this...I GOT IT, smacking YOU! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::321:

slap.jpg

ID is required for just about everything, but YOu state that blacks are too lazy and stupid to get a ID that MOST WHITES take the time to get.... You are such a bigot, a LIAR, and just plain stupid for continuing to be bitch slapped with each of your post.... YOU can't have a smile like this...I GOT IT, smacking YOU! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::321:

slap.jpg

I am saying that Republicans hate Anerica so much that they want to prevent anyone they consider unworthy from voting

They cannot help it really, they are not raised to love America like the rest of us. They are raised to protect and serve the one percent

Voter suppression is just one tool

Liberals are fine with requiring identification to vote. Just as long as everyone who is a citizen and is 18 years of age is provided with said ID free of charge and free of any inconvenience whatsoever.

The idea that there is in-person voter fraud is unsubstantiated. It feeds nutters who thrive on fear and mistrust.

Forum List

Back