What exactly is the Democrats' reasoning when they oppose requiring voter ID as racism?

my motherinlaw, would not have a govt photo id to vote.... for 55 years of her voting life she did not drive, so only the last 11 did she have a driver's license.

People who choose not to drive, should not be made to go through a hoop that was not put before other voters.....

People who drive already, already have this gvt issued photo id and don't have to take any extra measures in order to vote while those who don't drive are put through a measure of having to miss work, take a cab or bus to a gvt agency, buy and pay for a birth certificate that they may not have, all in order to be able to vote....

that does not seem like equal treatment, under the law...?
If you don't have a license, then you can get a non-driving ID from the DMV. It's not an extra hoop people with driver's licenses don't have to go through. It's an alternative to getting a driver's license. I don't think people are typically talking about a separate ID just for showing at a voting location. There's no reason your normal ID (your driver's license or non-driver's ID) can't function as one.

You need an ID to go cash your welfare check at the liquor store...don't you? Delta? Moonglow? Dot Com? rdean? You guys need an ID to go cash your welfare checks at the liquor store, right?
Many people lack an ID

Get them one and then you can require it for voting

I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

OK...I'll try

Surveys have shown large percentages of blacks do not have appropriate ID or documentation that would support obtaining ID. There is nothing indicating they are not legal voters
Blocking those voters from the polls will result In a 2-3% shift intend polls. Enough to influence many elections

An estimated 81,983 voters in South Carolina do not possess a government-issued photo ID, mainly because of missing or inaccurate personal documents. These are mostly elderly, black longtime residents.

I'll make an offer. Provide documentation to 99% of the voters and then you can require it

Source it or go pound sand, your opinion doesn't mean shit.

"What exactly is the Democrats' reasoning when they oppose requiring voter ID as racism?"

For many African-Americans born before the advent of the civil rights movement, born at home, or in segregated hospitals, and raised in communities subject to segregation, they do not have birth certificates, records, or other such documents now needed to acquire the new types of identification.

Note that these are registered voters, registered and eligible to vote for the last 30 or 40 years, citizens who have voted in every election during that time now being told they can no longer vote because they lack a state issued photo ID.

And sadly there are some on the right who see this as an opportunity to keep these citizens from voting because they are perceived to be democratic voters.

The racism, therefore, manifests by taking advantage of this legacy of segregation.

You need an ID to go cash your welfare check at the liquor store...don't you? Delta? Moonglow? Dot Com? rdean? You guys need an ID to go cash your welfare checks at the liquor store, right?
Many people lack an ID

Better yet, allow those now registered to vote to continue voting absent an ID; if there's evidence of 'fraud' with a given voter, then elections officials can pursue an investigation with regard to that particular voter.

The evidence grows that ignorance, hate, and stupidity are prerequisites for being a conservative.

There are no more 'welfare checks,' you moronic putz.

Many people lack an ID

Better yet, allow those now registered to vote to continue voting absent an ID; if there's evidence of 'fraud' with a given voter, then elections officials can pursue an investigation with regard to that particular voter.
It is obvious that grandfathering should be allowed

Until 99% of prospective voters have an ID, it should not be mandated

Voter ID is the least of it. Reducing the number of voting places, reducing hours, making it harder to vote period and then boasting that the GOP will win elections with these disgusting, anti American and rotten tactics and those comments coming from the GOP leadership. Things you come to expect from the GOP. Right?
You have obviously not studied the Chicago Democratic Party machine, in either its historical nor present configuration.

Most big-city Democratic Party apparatus make the Pubs like like small-town pikers by comparison.

MEH.

"What exactly is the Democrats' reasoning when they oppose requiring voter ID as racism?"

For many African-Americans born before the advent of the civil rights movement, born at home, or in segregated hospitals, and raised in communities subject to segregation, they do not have birth certificates, records, or other such documents now needed to acquire the new types of identification.

Note that these are registered voters, registered and eligible to vote for the last 30 or 40 years, citizens who have voted in every election during that time now being told they can no longer vote because they lack a state issued photo ID.

And sadly there are some on the right who see this as an opportunity to keep these citizens from voting because they are perceived to be democratic voters.

The racism, therefore, manifests by taking advantage of this legacy of segregation.

The only major flaw in your argument is there were many more poor whites born at home pre-WWII than blacks. So by your reasoning this would disadvantage whites much more that blacks, so exactly how is that racist? The only racist thing I see is your insinuating that blacks are less capable of documenting their lives than whites.

nelson-mandela-voter-ID.jpg
If true, then...

Ouch.

Major ouch.

Game. Set. Match.

I understand that the real goal is twofold - to further the "non-Democrats are racist" narrative and to protect the suffrage of the solidly Democratic-voting illegal immigrant bloc. I'm still curious what their case is in their own words - how they actually justify it legally and rhetorically. I can't really seem to find much more than vague assertions and talking points though. Maybe somebody well versed in their platform (preferably at least a Democrat themselves if not connected to the issue in some active way) could explain it?

It just occurred to me that you and I are a rare combination, conservatives who oppose capital punishment.

But to answer your quest into the Leftist mindset, they are themselves racists who see everything as racially charged.

I mean EVERYTHING.

Blacks don't seem to have any problem providing ID to buy alcohol, cigarettes, sign up for welfare, get a fishing license, board a plane or train, shall I continue?
Then let them use that I'd that they may have used and don't force them to get your Gestapo govt Papers.

And if they don't need a govt issued photo I'd in their lives now, why can't they simply continue their lives the way they are right now? What is your AGENDA? What is your purpose for this bigger, more INTRUSIVE Govt???????

It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the virtually nonexistent voter fraud that takes place at the polling booth because someone used your name and address to vote in your place.... Sheesh!!!

“The Republican Party doesn’t want black people to vote if they are going to vote 9-to-1 for Democrats.”

~ Texas Tea Party leader Ken Emanuelson

Enough said.

If true, then...

Ouch.

Major ouch.

Game. Set. Match.

Of course it's true! I only post the TRUTH, aside from the lies spread about me by the subversive left! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Guess who supported voter ID Nelson Mandela TribLIVE
voter I'd is fine, govt issued PHOTO I'D that 10 - 20 percent of our nation"s Citizens do not have....MANDATED by our govt in order to vote is the problem.....

The govt would be choosing who gets to vote out of ordinary citizens, making it EASY PEASY for those citizens s who already drive and or have a govt issued photo I'd and harder for those in our society who live without a car or a govt issued photo I'd

AND AGAIN vetting should take place at the time one is registering to vote and NOT after the govt has already approved them.

OK...I'll try

Surveys have shown large percentages of blacks do not have appropriate ID or documentation that would support obtaining ID. There is nothing indicating they are not legal voters
Blocking those voters from the polls will result In a 2-3% shift intend polls. Enough to influence many elections

An estimated 81,983 voters in South Carolina do not possess a government-issued photo ID, mainly because of missing or inaccurate personal documents. These are mostly elderly, black longtime residents.

I'll make an offer. Provide documentation to 99% of the voters and then you can require it

can you show us that elderly, white long term residents are not effected too or that the law states that only black people should have voter ID there strawman?

If true, then...

Ouch.

Major ouch.

Game. Set. Match.

Of course it's true! I only post the TRUTH, aside from the lies spread about me by the subversive left! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Guess who supported voter ID Nelson Mandela TribLIVE
voter I'd is fine, govt issued PHOTO I'D that 10 - 20 percent of our nation"s Citizens do not have....MANDATED by our govt in order to vote is the problem.....

The govt would be choosing who gets to vote out of ordinary citizens, making it EASY PEASY for those citizens s who already drive and or have a govt issued photo I'd and harder for those in our society who live without a car or a govt issued photo I'd

AND AGAIN vetting should take place at the time one is registering to vote and NOT after the govt has already approved them.

Where do you get 10-20 % from?

Forum List

Back