What exactly is being taught in the centers for indoctrination?

Anyone who has ever (tried) to teach in certain big city public schools is thrilled to see uniformed and armed cops patrolling the halls.

For certain reasons, some "students" are really dangerous and have no conscience. They need "vigorous" supervision. In fact, they despise weakness on the part of the authorities.

A big shoutout to those school cops (I think that they have some kind of euphemistic title).

If you or a loved one is thinking about becoming a public school teacher in certain large cities, I suggest that you or the loved one think twice. It would be a horrible mistake. (I understand that many first-year teachers quit -- in shock.)

If you don't run public schools like prisons, then you are not preparing children for the school to prison pipeline.

So rather than crying and stamping your witto feet go be a teacher and show the nation how it's done. Snowflakes....

He can't.

Public schools and particularly colleges have ideological requirements. While literacy is optional, you MUST be a Marxist to teach at any level.

Ridiculous, of course. There are plenty of conservative educators, and a whole shit load of moderates or the politically apathetic.

So rather than crying and stamping your witto feet go be a teacher and show the nation how it's done. Snowflakes....

He can't.

Public schools and particularly colleges have ideological requirements. While literacy is optional, you MUST be a Marxist to teach at any level.

Ridiculous, of course. There are plenty of conservative educators, and a whole shit load of moderates or the politically apathetic.

There are moderate educators, hired 40 years ago. To get a job teaching in public schools or universities today or over the last decade requires ideological conformance to radical leftism.

He can't.

There are moderate educators, hired 40 years ago. To get a job teaching in public schools or universities today or over the last decade requires ideological conformance to radical leftism.

That is not true, of course.

Educating is merely a passing on of knowledge- many, it seems, don't want to believe that setting an example is the best teacher. So, what example is being used to teach the kids?

Gun-Toting Cops Endanger Students and Turn the Schools into Prisons

Our Public Education system, unconstitutional by the way, is doing a wonderful job of indoctrinating, (with desensitizing), just how kids are expected to act, and then, kids being kids will act differently and get punished vs properly educated- reading, writing and arithmetic are becoming secondary in importance to obeying commands by uniformed thugs.
At this center for indoctrination, the first thing I teach is internet research and how to spot biased bullshit such as yours.

He can't.

You know full well it is true. To even get a teaching credential in most states requires adherence to radical left dogma. A student teacher who questioned AGW would not make it the first week. One who had a MAGA sticker on their car would not have a car anymore and would likely be assaulted by the faculty.

Dude, I have an Sc.D. I spent half my life in education. It is absolutely true. Doctorate programs are liberating, you have advisors but are not dependant on a Marxist professor for a grade. But ANYONE who has earned a baccalaureate or masters in the last 20 years knows all too well that indoctrination in leftism is a greater goal than education.

I wonder if Project Veritas could do a video of a well qualified teacher trying to get a job in elementary education who refuses to promote transgender dysphoria in children?

Educating is merely a passing on of knowledge- many, it seems, don't want to believe that setting an example is the best teacher. So, what example is being used to teach the kids?

Gun-Toting Cops Endanger Students and Turn the Schools into Prisons

Our Public Education system, unconstitutional by the way, is doing a wonderful job of indoctrinating, (with desensitizing), just how kids are expected to act, and then, kids being kids will act differently and get punished vs properly educated- reading, writing and arithmetic are becoming secondary in importance to obeying commands by uniformed thugs.
At this center for indoctrination, the first thing I teach is internet research and how to spot biased bullshit such as yours.

No doubt you show that ONLY MSNBCNN and DailyKOS are "reliable" sources.

He can't.

You know full well it is true. To even get a teaching credential in most states requires adherence to radical left dogma. A student teacher who questioned AGW would not make it the first week. One who had a MAGA sticker on their car would not have a car anymore and would likely be assaulted by the faculty.

I know full well that you’re full of shit. Save the hysterical hyperbole for someone who doesn’t know better, because I do. Stop trying so hard, and stop drinking so much so early in the day.

He can't.

I know full well that you’re full of shit. Save the hysterical hyperbole for someone who doesn’t know better, because I do. Stop trying so hard, and stop drinking so much so early in the day.

Yawn;

{
If a student views a given theory or interpretation differently to his professor or teaching assistant, he can either write what he believes, even though it is at odds with the views of the marker, or he can write what he thinks the marker wishes to read. Granted, there is often a middle ground, but the very existence of such dilemma in the minds of many students unnecessarily inhibits their intellectual freedom. While there is nothing directly prohibiting students from being intellectually honest and open minded, such an approach is hardly incentivized if simply regurgitating a professor’s preferred view is more likely to be rewarded with a higher mark.

The risk of writing an essay that contests the theories promulgated by a professor or teacher’s assistant may be too consequential when the goal is to secure a job or a place in grad school upon which a GPA may be heavily dependent. The intense competition for admission means that every grade and percentage point matters. There is more riding on grad school admission and career prospects than there is on intellectual integrity. As a result, students are implicitly encouraged to sacrifice the latter for the former, and learning what to think becomes more valuable and important than learning how to think. Why would a student such as myself bother to challenge the conventional wisdom and risk a B, when I can simply provide what I know is expected and receive an A?}

The Student's Dilemma: Conformity or Education - Quillette

I work on empirical evidence, not your "feelz."

I can easily bury you on this subject, including peer reviewed papers, and you full well know it.

Yawn;

{
If a student views a given theory or interpretation differently to his professor or teaching assistant, he can either write what he believes, even though it is at odds with the views of the marker, or he can write what he thinks the marker wishes to read. Granted, there is often a middle ground, but the very existence of such dilemma in the minds of many students unnecessarily inhibits their intellectual freedom. While there is nothing directly prohibiting students from being intellectually honest and open minded, such an approach is hardly incentivized if simply regurgitating a professor’s preferred view is more likely to be rewarded with a higher mark.

The risk of writing an essay that contests the theories promulgated by a professor or teacher’s assistant may be too consequential when the goal is to secure a job or a place in grad school upon which a GPA may be heavily dependent. The intense competition for admission means that every grade and percentage point matters. There is more riding on grad school admission and career prospects than there is on intellectual integrity. As a result, students are implicitly encouraged to sacrifice the latter for the former, and learning what to think becomes more valuable and important than learning how to think. Why would a student such as myself bother to challenge the conventional wisdom and risk a B, when I can simply provide what I know is expected and receive an A?}

I can easily bury you on this subject, including peer reviewed papers, and you full well know it.
Well, that didn’t take long. Called out on your hyperbolic bullshit you start qualifying, dissembling, and hedging right away, as I knew you would. Next time don’t be such a drama queen in the first place and you won’t have to put yourself through this embarrassing exercise.

Yawn;

{

Well, that didn’t take long. Called out on your hyperbolic bullshit you start qualifying, dissembling, and hedging right away, as I knew you would. Next time don’t be such a drama queen in the first place and you won’t have to put yourself through this embarrassing exercise.

:rofl:

You try to defend the indefensible because of your personal stake, when confronted with facts, you recoil to ad hom.

Let me throw a little more salt in your wound;

{
Right-leaning faculty (and libertarians are usually lumped into this category for counting, despite its imperfect description) have all but disappeared from the faculty ranks, dwindling to a mere 12% in the latest surveys. Faculty on the left now constitute a clear majority of some 60% of the university system, and much of this growth was driven by an explosion of professors who identify on the far left. The entirety of this observed shift took place after the early 2000s.

It is more difficult to measure the parallel degradation of the political climate on campus, a subject that will have to wait for another day. But suffice it to say that observations to this effect have intensified in the last few years.

Many faculty on the far left no longer extend the academic freedom norms of a few decades ago to their dwindling counterparts on the right, or really any other part of the political spectrum. They impose ideological litmus tests on new faculty hiring, with significant shares of faculty in several disciplines openly admitting to discriminating against candidates with non-left perspectives. They engage in petition campaigns to have disfavored articles withdrawn from publication. Faculty with disliked and minority political perspectives are impeded from hiring and promotion at elite institutions, even when they have comparable or stronger credentials and research records than their counterparts on the left.

Students with non-left political beliefs routinely report feeling pressures to censor their own beliefs on campus. And far-left faculty now routinely launch political crusades against disliked funding sources, aiming to block or control their non-leftist colleagues from even accessing money that is necessary to conduct research, support programs, attract students, or hire new faculty to their departments. Instead, conservatives, libertarians, and really any faculty who hail from outside perspectives are often depicted as intruders on the academic domain who got there through “illegitimate” means and must be blocked or purged from academic life. The paranoid style has come full circle and taken refuge in the illiberal corners of the academic far-left.}

The Academic Truce Has Crumbled

You guys need some kleenexes and such. This op is a snoozer. Same old stuff. Again quit your cushy job, give up your nice salary for a pittance, and teach. There's a shortage out there. Our republicans here have introduced a bill so that retired teachers can collect their pensions and teach full time and collect a full salary at the same time.

You guys need some kleenexes and such. This op is a snoozer. Same old stuff. Again quit your cushy job, give up your nice salary for a pittance, and teach. There's a shortage out there. Our republicans here have introduced a bill so that retired teachers can collect their pensions and teach full time and collect a full salary at the same time.

I would never be allowed to teach. I didn't vote for Obama.

He can't.

Yawn;

{

You try to defend the indefensible because of your personal stake, when confronted with facts, you recoil to ad hom.

{
Right-leaning faculty (and libertarians are usually lumped into this category for counting, despite its imperfect description) have all but disappeared from the faculty ranks, dwindling to a mere 12% in the latest surveys. Faculty on the left now constitute a clear majority of some 60% of the university system, and much of this growth was driven by an explosion of professors who identify on the far left. The entirety of this observed shift took place after the early 2000s.

It is more difficult to measure the parallel degradation of the political climate on campus, a subject that will have to wait for another day. But suffice it to say that observations to this effect have intensified in the last few years.

Many faculty on the far left no longer extend the academic freedom norms of a few decades ago to their dwindling counterparts on the right, or really any other part of the political spectrum. They impose ideological litmus tests on new faculty hiring, with significant shares of faculty in several disciplines openly admitting to discriminating against candidates with non-left perspectives. They engage in petition campaigns to have disfavored articles withdrawn from publication. Faculty with disliked and minority political perspectives are impeded from hiring and promotion at elite institutions, even when they have comparable or stronger credentials and research records than their counterparts on the left.

Students with non-left political beliefs routinely report feeling pressures to censor their own beliefs on campus. And far-left faculty now routinely launch political crusades against disliked funding sources, aiming to block or control their non-leftist colleagues from even accessing money that is necessary to conduct research, support programs, attract students, or hire new faculty to their departments. Instead, conservatives, libertarians, and really any faculty who hail from outside perspectives are often depicted as intruders on the academic domain who got there through “illegitimate” means and must be blocked or purged from academic life. The paranoid style has come full circle and taken refuge in the illiberal corners of the academic far-left.}

Pretty funny that you seem to think if you post something long enough (not your own words, of course), people will forget that you are hiding from your own absurd claim. Here, let me help you put those goal posts back where you first set them up:

'memba this?

While literacy is optional, you MUST be a Marxist to teach at any level..

Seems so long ago now that you've been trying so hard to escape.

I would never be allowed to teach. .......

You wouldn't be allowed to teach because you are a dishonest idiot.

He can't.

Yawn;

{

{

Pretty funny that you seem to think if you post something long enough (not your own words, of course), people will forget that you are hiding from your own absurd claim. Here, let me help you put those goal posts back where you first set them up:

'memba this?

Why would I need to "escape" the fact I posted?

Now the words I have been posting with links to scholarly sources are called "citations." They demonstrate that there is a body of knowledge that supports my claims. Clearly you are unfamiliar with the concept. You must teach in public schools... :eusa_whistle:

I would never be allowed to teach. .......

You wouldn't be allowed to teach because you are a dishonest idiot.

Not voting for Hillary makes one a "dishonest idiot?"

Speaking of idiots, let's further humiliate you with actual facts...

{
A new study surveying close to 800 academic philosophers finds that the field is rife with “hostility” and “discrimination” toward individuals with opposing viewpoints. The paper, which examines “distribution of and possible bias against political viewpoints in philosophy,” backs up previous findings in the field, according to one researcher.

The study, forthcoming in Philosophical Psychology, is titled “Ideological Diversity, Hostility, and Discrimination in Philosophy.” It is authored by Uwe Peters, Nathan Honeycutt, Andreas De Block, and Lee Jussim. The researchers are located in the United States, England and Belgium.

According to the paper, 75 percent of survey participants were on the political left, 14 percent were right-leaning, and 11 percent identified as moderates. Participants in the study “perceived their colleagues as primarily left-leaning.”}

Study finds ‘ideological similarity, hostility, and discrimination’ rampant in academic philosophy | The College Fix

memba this?

.... To get a job teaching in public schools or universities today or over the last decade requires ideological conformance to radical leftism.

Pretty stupid, huh?

And?

Did you have some sort of point floating the the vast and empty vacuum of your mind? :dunno:

{
Similar findings have been reported in other fields—sociology, psychology, etc. In the end the problem seems to be as much about the insular world of campus politics as it is the rigid ideological conformity of the modern American university. The campus is a small, arguably artificial environment; it tends to shelter its inhabitants from the outside world in a way that makes this sort of snarling myopia inevitable.

Changing this is not going to be easy. The oft-proposed solution, that universities simply need to higher more non-progressive types, is only half the issue. What’s needed is a change of heart, which is much harder to pull off than hiring some Burkean philosophers or Austrian economists. If the academy is going to be a place of free, interesting inquiry and open-minded toleration, its inhabitants need to make some changes; they need, in short, to stop being so fanatical and so intolerant of anyone with whom they even mildly disagree.}

Academia’s ideological bubble problem | The College Fix

He can't.

Yawn;

{

{

'memba this?

Why would I need to "escape" the fact I posted?.......

You didn't post any "fact." You posted a ludicrous claim that you cannot support so you could feel all stormfronty while crushing bud lights on a Saturday afternoon. You're an ignorant buffoon, and it is now clear that you lack the character to admit you overstated your supposed point.

Forum List

Back